Things not going well for Facebook

Parliament

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What else did the person post besides the video?  In that tweet and in general.

i don’t believe it’s possible for Facebook or twitter to remove all copies of a Colbert video. I suppose they could try but that attempt could actually produce the opposite result.

Look, if I was able to watch the fucking video I’d be able to give you a better answer, maybe dispute the assertion of the person that posted, maybe make the same opinion that I have it it right now. But not being given the option to view it is exactly my fucking point. 

I’m not saying they removed all fucking copies, just the one that someone sent a link to. It could be more, it could be less. No one knows because they are doing whatever the fuck they want.

Stop letting your political partisanship get in the way of a discussion about social media companies censoring and removing information based on their own political bias or any other bias or criteria that they may have.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Look, if I was able to watch the fucking video I’d be able to give you a better answer, maybe dispute the assertion of the person that posted, maybe make the same opinion that I have it it right now. But not being given the option to view it is exactly my fucking point. 

I’m not saying they removed all fucking copies, just the one that someone sent a link to. It could be more, it could be less. No one knows because they are doing whatever the fuck they want.

Stop letting your political partisanship get in the way of a discussion about social media companies censoring and removing information based on their own political bias or any other bias or criteria that they may have.

They are a private business. If you do not like their policies, stop using their products. 

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Newspapers are a private business. You good with them censoring information?

Do newspapers allow you to post ads saying vaccines cause autism?

Also, are you under the impression that newspapers don’t censor the news? 

Edited by Neonmoon

I wasn’t the one that stated that Facebook and twitter removed a video to protect Harris from an embarrassing interview. I only asked you to back up your statement.  If they’re protecting a candidate, I would like to hear more about that.  However we’ve learned that you don’t have any evidence to back up your claim.

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Do newspapers allow you to post ads saying vaccines cause autism?

Also, are you under the impression that newspapers don’t censor the news? 

Yeah, pretty much this.

Why does anybody think they have free speech protection on some dude's massively successful website? 

Also, if I was that dude, I think I'd be a little bummed that my--at one point in time--really cool life's work is now known more for pseudo-science, conspiracy theorists, and your nut job family in law posting their thoughts on aforementioned horseshit.

...then I'd check out my bank account and immediately cheer up.

• 1 year later...