Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

1 minute ago, ousux said:
7 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:
Strange timing. I can’t see doing this two games in unless you already have someone lined up. 

It was minimum 3 seasons overdue, not including this one. 2 games in for most programs would mean they're serious about winning, but USC is just like Michigan, Notre Dame an yes...UT, in living off past glory. Just be good enough to sell "next year" until that no longer works..then make a token coaching change without really changing anything.

I mean Notre Dame was just in the playoffs. It doesn't belong in the same category as schools that haven't been relevant in the playoff era. 

USC is old money.  Oregon is new money. 
There are only a handful of legit blue-bloods.  USC is one of them. Oregon will never be. 
Does blue blood status live forever? In 50 years (assuming the game continues that long) will Meatchicken and UT still be considered blue bloods if neither has won or even sniffed another championship?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

He’s not coming back to coaching. His dad died at 54 while coaching on the field and he said he didn’t want the same thing to happen to him

He also hasn't coached in 5 years and was past his prime when he was coaching. I don't see him taking what seems like a job that requires spades of energy. 

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Id fucking back up the truck to hire Fritz if I were USC

Lulz. no way an AD is gonna try and convince his donors that this is the best SC can do

image.png.a4d1a28c44c7c2fa2fafdab9bf4e4721.png

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Are you in his will or something?  You’ve been pumping him for big jobs for a while.  They did seem well coached against OU. 

unless.....you get a guarantee that his daughter has to perform yoga  in the AD office a minimum of 4 days a week......wearing the song girl outfit

Lainie Fritz on Twitter: "When u hustle always make it fancy✨… "

In which case its probably worth it, cause it will take at least a year to get fired, and thats a lot of yoga.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Honestly I’m not sure who would come here to coach. No one here cares fuck all about football. It’s basically Austin of soCal in every single aspect except our fans show up to games sometimes I’ve yet to attend a USC game outside of Texas showing up that had any crowd worth a shit. I mean I guess you go there to live in SoCal but everything else here sucks shit on a stick 

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Honestly I’m not sure who would come here to coach. No one here cares fuck all about football. It’s basically Austin of soCal in every single aspect except our fans show up to games sometimes I’ve yet to attend a USC game outside of Texas showing up that had any crowd worth a shit. I mean I guess you go there to live in SoCal but everything else here sucks shit on a stick 

They averaged over 66,000 in during the Helton era.  Over 90,000 during Carroll.   Everybody loves a winner. 

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Were you alive during the Pete Carroll years?

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

ebd7cddc46631ae594a05dd9fa5547b9.jpg
I mean who wanna come here. Just a few blocks north of campus lol

The area around USC has been a shithole for decades.  That didn't stop them from winning MNC's and recruiting Heisman caliber players.  

For fuck's sake, in the early 90's, a USC player caught a stray bullet from a gang shootout WHILE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. 

• Like 1