2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

So I take the boys to dinner and we head over to burger for the Westlake game tonight.

Get there and see someone in a Lake Travis shirt. What a dickhole I think to myself, why would he come here tonight. Then I see another, then I see a LT truck.

Get out my phone and look at the schedule. Whoops. Westlake game was last night, beat Akins 67-0.

Fucking AISD and their Thursday games. 

20 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If their QB stays healthy, nobody's beating North Shore this year.  Talent all over the place with some big boys up front.

7 hours ago, cmontexas said:

North Shore this year seems like one of those teams guys like us will bring up 25 years from now when the topic turns to greatest teams ever

They’re easily the best team in the state right now. A little early for all-time talk, but they look damn good.

A lot can happen in a season though.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

HP 49 - Bryan Adams 0, game called after end of 3rd Q. BA had -2 yards total offense, HP only needed 293

Over the HP radio call, the weekly trivia question was asked "when was the last season HP played in a district with DISD teams and who was President?" The answer, of course, was 1957 and Eisenhower. Since then, DISD had developed its "understanding" with the UIL that "the void" would be kept out of their districts. I know BA isn't the best of the DISD bunch by any means, but now y'all know why that was done.

7 hours ago, futureman said:

anyone from waco or burleson?  or know anything about this?  was the supposed “victim” an asshole talking shit or what?

http://www.fox4news.com/news/uil-investigating-targeted-attack-on-burleson-football-player

I've heard some ridiculously over the top shit-talking done on a football field, never seen anything close to that kind of attack. Interesting choice to default to taking the side of the guys on video taking cheap shots at a player 1/3rd their size. 

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I've heard some ridiculously over the top shit-talking done on a football field, never seen anything close to that kind of attack. Interesting choice to default to taking the side of the guys on video taking cheap shots at a player 1/3rd their size. 

I take no sides.  sure, from the video it seems reasonable to ban 76 from UIL competition for a year.  or more.  I wanted the coach and players to run out onto the field and fuck that big bastard up.  but then I thought it seemed to be multiple players on one team targeting that single dude and I’m just curious if he had any of it comin.  just curious.  is that ok?  maybe he fucked 76’s sister and never called her again.  what if he called 76’s mom a fucking whore to her face?  unlikely, but possible, that he had it comin.  

52 minutes ago, futureman said:

Imaybe he fucked 76’s sister and never called her again.  what if he called 76’s mom a fucking whore to her face?  unlikely, but possible, that he had it comin.  

Yeah well I did both those things to your mom and sister and you haven't done shit to me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

They got pounded, which is par for the course.

Going to Colleyville - Newman tonight.

I left 44-0 at half.  Newman's QB fumbled a snap with 0:05 seconds on the clock and got a safety going into half.  Probably not a good idea to run down the clock in shotgun from within your own 10 yard line.

Kam Brown looked better than last year.

A little West Texas vs RGV showcase tomorrow... Harlingen vs Midland, Harlingen South vs Odessa, San Benito vs Midland Lee, Brownsville Hanna vs Amarillo Tascosa. No neutral site games either I believe, so that's almost or over 600 miles of traveling one way for somebody. 

It got kicked off tonight with the Los Fresnos vs Permian game. Permian had a bunch of lucky calls and bounces go their way, squeaked out a 56-0 win. 

Results for the teams ranked in The Associated Press Texas high school football poll.

Class 6A

1. Allen (5-0) beat McKinney 54-14.

2. Lake Travis (4-0) beat Austin High 66-21.

3. Galena Park North Shore (4-0) beat La Porte 55-0.

4. Cypress Fairbanks (4-0) idle.

5. Converse Judson (4-0) beat San Marcos 47-7.

6. Longview (5-0) beat Rockwall 42-35.

7. Duncanville (4-0) beat Richardson Berkner 56-0.

8. Southlake Carroll (4-0) beat Keller 58-37.

9. Katy (3-1) idle.

10. Austin Westlake (4-1) beat Kyle Lehman 54-0.

Class 5A

1. Aledo (4-0) beat Everman 52-6.

2. Dallas Highland Park (5-0) beat Dallas Wilson 56-14.

3. Denton Ryan (4-0) beat Denton 48-7.

4. Lufkin (3-1) beat Willis 49-6.

5. Fort Bend Marshall (4-0) vs. Houston Sterling, Saturday.

6. College Station (4-0) beat Conroe Caney Creek 70-0.

7. Frisco Lone Star (3-1) beat Little Elm 10-7.

8. A&M Consolidated (3-1) lost to Huntsville 27-7.

9. Angleton (3-1) lost to Alvin Shadow Creek 35-14.

10. Crosby (4-0) beat Vidor 42-36.

Class 4A

1. Carthage (4-0) idle.

2. Argyle (4-0) beat Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 69-13.

4. Liberty Hill (3-1) idle.

5. Giddings (4-1) lost to Geronimo Navarro 28-7.

6. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (4-1) beat Tyler Chapel Hill 49-0.

8. Cuero (4-1) beat Wharton 43-21.

9. Stephenville (3-2) beat Georgetown 48-8.

10. Melissa (3-2) lost to Paris 28-25.

Class 3A

1. Newton (4-0) beat Gilmer 51-31.

2. Goliad (4-1) lost to Shiner 21-20.

3. Canadian (4-0) at Grapevine Faith, Saturday.

4. Gunter (5-0) beat Nocona 49-0.

5. Childress (4-0) idle.

6. Rockdale (3-1) idle.

7. New London West Rusk (5-0) beat Mineola 42-21.

8. Brock (4-1) beat Pilot Point 49-18.

9. Gladewater (5-0) beat Winnsboro 39-6.

10. Lexington (3-1) beat Caldwell 42-27.

Class 2A

1. Mason (5-0) beat Comanche 42-7.

2. Shiner (5-0) beat Goliad 21-20.

3. Wellington (5-0) beat Panhandle 44-14.

4. Muenster (5-0) beat Valley View 37-6.

7. New Deal (4-0) idle.

8. Falls City (5-0) beat Nixon-Smiley 63-6.

9. Price Carlisle (5-0) beat Simms Bowie 56-7.

10. Stamford (5-0) beat De Leon 90-62.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, Helobious said:

A little West Texas vs RGV showcase tomorrow... Harlingen vs Midland, Harlingen South vs Odessa, San Benito vs Midland Lee, Brownsville Hanna vs Amarillo Tascosa. No neutral site games either I believe, so that's almost or over 600 miles of traveling one way for somebody. 

It got kicked off tonight with the Los Fresnos vs Permian game. Permian had a bunch of lucky calls and bounces go their way, squeaked out a 56-0 win. 

Well at least Brownsville Hanna won. 

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

That's pretty cool. My Weslaco Panthers had George Ranch on the schedule the last 2 years... would love for them to travel around the state and play other teams

6 hours ago, coachkiss said:

Rain is very, very possible, so you might want to see if there is something at the Star?

NOAA weather forecast looks fine on Friday as of now (Mostly Sunny). 

Looks like Wakeland vs Lone Star at the Star though Friday night.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:57 AM, RiceOwl said:

My dad is coming into town this weekend for Texas-OU and wants to go to a HS game Friday night. Thinking Southlake vs Guyer or Euless Trinity vs San Angelo Central? Thoughts?

The stadiums are only about 10 miles apart, so do both.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:48 PM, futureman said:

I take no sides.  sure, from the video it seems reasonable to ban 76 from UIL competition for a year.  or more.  I wanted the coach and players to run out onto the field and fuck that big bastard up.  but then I thought it seemed to be multiple players on one team targeting that single dude and I’m just curious if he had any of it comin.  just curious.  is that ok?  maybe he fucked 76’s sister and never called her again.  what if he called 76’s mom a fucking whore to her face?  unlikely, but possible, that he had it comin.  

follow up story.  apparently they targeted him because he was the qb.  since multiple players were targeting this guy, then it's prob safe to assume that it was the coach who instructed or condoned the hit job.  why the fuck weren't the coach and the players permanently kick out.  it's a freshman game at that.  what a fucked up bunch of individuals.

Edited by crash_davis

new shit has come to light.  looks like the waco si got involved.  funny what national exposure will do.

https://www.burlesonstar.net/news-local-news-texas-news-sports-elks/district-executive-committee-rules-football-incident

DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE RULES ON FOOTBALL INCIDENT

Wed, 10/03/2018 - 1:00pm
RICKY MOORE

Incidents during Burleson’s freshman football game with Waco University Sept. 13 have drawn state and nationwide attention.

Monday, the District 5-5A Executive Committee examined the situation and voted 6-1 to accept the action plan put forward by the Waco ISD regarding disciplining the player from University who was ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Several videos show University players apparently targeting Burleson’s Jagger Gower during the game.

In one video, a Unversity player tackled Gower then appears to hit and choke Gower while he is on the ground. Gower’s head is also repeatedly banged on the turf during the incident. Gower suffered a concussion and has not yet been cleared to play.

Coaches from both schools went on the field to break up the altercation but the University player was already walking off the field.

The University player was ejected from the game and missed the first half of the team’s next game. That is the UIL’s minimum penalty following an ejection.

Burleson ISD executive director of communications Mikala Hill sid in a statement regarding the incident in the game: “We are shocked that this incident happened to one of our players. As it unfolded, everyone observing was momentarily stunned. Our coaches quickly ran onto the field to intervene on behalf of our player. The BHS athletic coordinator and the BISD athletic director both protested the incident with Waco ISD officials. Waco ISD assured our administrators that it would address this matter appropriately.”

In another video, the same player from University appears to wrap up Gower then, after he let’s go, another University player pushes Gower to the ground.

In a third video, another University player blindsides Gower on the back end of a play.

Waco ISD Superintendent Marcus Nelson told the District Executive Committee Monday that he wanted to clearly communicate how disappointed and embarrassed his school district was for the poor judgment of the student-athlete in the game.

“On behalf of our board of trustees I just want to begin by emphatically stating that we do not condone the behavior that occurred during this game,” Nelson said. “I personally have spoken with (Burleson ISD Superintendent Dr. Bret Jimerson). My intent in reaching out to him was to contact the mother. We want to be clear that we share the frustration of seeing her precious child injured on behalf of the poor judgment of our student athlete. We are disappointed in the poor judgment of our student-athlete.”

Nelson said that he didn’t feel that missing the first half of the next game was punishment enough for the University player.

“Between those games, there were additional consequences that were also imposed by our coaches,” Nelson said. “It involved physical punishments, extra running and several other activities that I’m hesitant to document more clearly because I believe our student at least has some right to a confidentially. As soon as I became aware of the incident I suspended the student-athlete from all extra-curricular activities until all further notice.”

Nelson said that the University player will not play until Gower is able to play again and even after then the University player may not play if he doesn’t do several steps that the district has outlined for him to earn the right to participate in extra-curricular activities.

“We care about all kids not just our kids,” Nelson said. “We are deeply concerned and irritated that one of our staff members had the gall to say that we don’t care about other people’s kids. That’s simply not true. He’s lucky to be sitting up there right now. He feels like his quote was taken out of context. We are concerned about the concussion and that is one of the reasons our kid won’t be playing. There is no place in the game of football for what our student-athlete did.”

Nelson added that all of the University coaches and administrators associated with the freshman football team have received reprimands and documentation reiterating what the expectations are for both students and staff in the Waco ISD.

“We pray for a speedy recovery for the young man that was injured because of the poor performance of our kids,” Nelson said.

Burleson ISD athletic director Phil Anderson, who cast the one dissenting vote, on behalf of Centennial High School (Burleson and Waco University as involved parties were not allowed votes) said: “We want to make sure we protect our kids.”

The mother can submit a written appeal to the State Executive Committee and they will reply to her regarding her appeal.

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

new shit has come to light.  looks like the waco si got involved.  funny what national exposure will do.

And they didn't do shit.  He was suspended half a game.  All that bullshit about how the kid had to do extra running and other activities is just bullshit.    That entire coaching staff should have been reprimanded and that kid should not have been allowed to participate in athletics in any sport for the rest of the year.  Fuck Waco

Edited by SameSame