CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

ND will stop the madness by offering FIckell 6M a year.  Meyer may inquire but I think they actually may say no thanks.

OU will take Venables at 5-6 per as well with Mark Stoops at the ready if he fails.

Dabo is the real wild card but probably knows its him or Kirby for Bama once Saban retires. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

THIS!  I want to have hope but damn apparently all you have to do is moneywhip people? Or we are that toxic that people said no? Or the BMDs control everything and didn't offer? Fuck it. 

we are the kings of trying to hold the line on salaries for coaches.  If we don't go huge on NIL/bag men we are  gonna be in a very poor position.

we probably tout Directors Cup ROI.

23 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

So frustrating to watch schools that are serious about football lock down big names, while we dumpster dive for the likes of coach potato, shithead, and shitface.

Maybe if our BOR/BMDs we’re semi-competent and acted like adults, we could’ve kept the Urban attempt under wraps. Herman would’ve stuck around and we would’ve taken a 7-6 type season up the ass, but we would’ve been able to take a serious swing again this year.

Coordinator hires is so 2020.

17 minutes ago, millhouse said:

I fucking love this. Our season was a shit show, and now this is a shit show with crazy money being thrown around. OU and ND getting the cold shoulder? Love it.

Can't wait to see aggy knee jerk and lock jimbo in for 150 guaranteed for no reason at all.

It would be awesome for a Jimbo to ND rumor to start...I fully expect ND to stop the madness though, they pretty much look for value and have no willingness to break the bank for anyone.

13 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Have a GA post that shit on their locker and peace out.  They aren't good enough for LSU anyways.  Bobby P did that to the Falcons and was banging students on his motorcycle at the next stop.  Can't lose approach.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

So frustrating to watch schools that are serious about football lock down big names, while we dumpster dive for the likes of coach potato, shithead, and shitface.

Maybe if our BOR/BMDs we’re semi-competent and acted like adults, we could’ve kept the Urban attempt under wraps. Herman would’ve stuck around and we would’ve taken a 7-6 type season up the ass, but we would’ve been able to take a serious swing again this year.

I lol'ed.

Hard.

Urban to ND is the only thing that doesn’t destroy the big 12. If they take fickell then cincy is good enough to take Campbell. Which means ISU takes chizik and the block head man becomes ku’s bitch. If KU get out of the cellar the big12 is worse than the wac. 

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Herman would’ve stuck around and we would’ve taken a 7-6 type season up the ass, but we would’ve been able to take a serious swing again this year.

Oh god, this organization would have sat around vetting candidates while all the other schools signed them up. We may not be in a good spot now but I have a strong feeling it would have been really embarrassing this year and we would have been underwhelmed again.

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Clown fire is awesome.  maybe Sark can get us to dumpster show level.

Y'all do know some of these "proven coaches" are going to fail at their new gigs, right? Not one of these moves is going to bring the assured success some of y'all think is in store.

LSU ain't going 11-1 next year and anything less than eight wins will have Tigah growling and he seems unlikely to be as beloved by the base as Orgeron was however briefly...Riley has inherited a tirefire and nobody has a clue if he's capable of turning a program around....Jimbo has brought aggy to new heights not seen since, well, statistically, pretty much every season they've ever played...Mullen was regarded as a sure thing when he went to Florida and now he's unemployed.

On the other hand, maybe Napier gets Florida back on track and DeBoer revives Washington into its traditional spot as a Pac 10 power.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, millhouse said:

I fucking love this. Our season was a shit show, and now this is a shit show with crazy money being thrown around. OU and ND getting the cold shoulder? Love it.

Can't wait to see aggy knee jerk and lock jimbo in for 150 guaranteed for no reason at all.

Jimbo should bail now...  That no buyout clause is already worth a mil or two extra on his next stop.  

Since I saved you 25 - 30 million on a buyout, I'll take the job at 13 mil a year if we split that savings...  Cash... No paper trail...  If it ever shows up in an audit, tell them it was soaked in aggy tears and damn a hoard of longhorn fans gobbled it all up like it was penny pitcher night at the strip club with no cover. Couldn't stop them and they were safe COVID protocol so can't ID any of them either.

9 hours ago, dcar00 said:

ND will stop the madness by offering FIckell 6M a year.  Meyer may inquire but I think they actually may say no thanks.

OU will take Venables at 5-6 per as well with Mark Stoops at the ready if he fails.

Dabo is the real wild card but probably knows its him or Kirby for Bama once Saban retires. 

And Nick is 70 years old. I guess he can coach until he croaks but will he even want to go out that way?

23 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Matt Rhules last 5 years as a head coach. 

1-11, 7-6, 11-3, 5-11, and 5-7. 

What he did to rebuild Baylor in 3 years was impressive but I think he's drastically overrated and I said this after he left Baylor. 

Being able to do that at two different programs, especially one that pretty much was gutted when he took over is very very impressive. His NFL results don't matter IMO.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

10 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

You really thought Sark was going to come into this mess created by others and win a bunch of games?

Get fucking real. This program has been a shit show since Mack was let go and his last couple of years started it all.

Remember it is not the X's and O's but the Jimmys and Joes and we still gave too many Curley and Moes.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You really thought Sark was going to come into this mess created by others and win a bunch of games?

Get fucking real. This program has been a shit show since Mack was let go and his last couple of years started it all.

Remember it is not the X's and O's but the Jimmys and Joes and we still gave too many Curley and Moes.

A bunch of talentless shitheads and malcontents were not going to win 9-10 games this year.  Scheme was good offensively, players were not.  Defense was a shit show but also starting 3 stars and walk-ons at Texas is fucking awful.

Urbs probably saw film on what was staying and what went to the NFL and was like "JFC, no" 

Texas in 2021's coaching market would have been far worse - a 7-6 season by Herman and even worse recruiting, and then competing with the likes of OU, LSU, ND, USC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A bunch of talentless shitheads and malcontents were not going to win 9-10 games this year.  Scheme was good offensively, players were not.  Defense was a shit show but also starting 3 stars and walk-ons at Texas is fucking awful.

Urbs probably saw film on what was staying and what went to the NFL and was like "JFC, no" 

Texas in 2021's coaching market would have been far worse - a 7-6 season by Herman and even worse recruiting, and then competing with the likes of OU, LSU, ND, USC.  

And, I don't think Herman was getting 7-6 out of this crew.  Maybe the sheer fact of Chris Ash  . . . .

29 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Sark thought he was going to win 9-10 games this year and told donors as much on multiple occasions.  Does he need to get fucking real? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

FIFY, would be my choice next go round. 

Of all the candidates tossed around last year, and those jumping around this year, Fickell still remains the most intriguing to me.  Yet Brian Kelly holds no interest for me.  I puzzle myself at times.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Sark thought he was going to win 9-10 games this year and told donors as much on multiple occasions.  Does he need to get fucking real? 

"Hey this team is going to fucking suck ass, don't bother spending your money or renewing your season tickets." 

Yeah that would have gone over well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Did he say they WILL win 9-10 games or was he:

A) Asked if they can win 9-10 games and he said yes

B) Said something along the lines of we can win 9-10 games if everything goes well