CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

29 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

havent visited this thread in a while but 'furd fell off a cliff when they fired their roid supplying S&C coach in 2019.  After that, they started their descent into suckitude.  This isn't that hard to figure out

He (Shannon Turley) was hired by Colorado in 2021. How'd it work out?

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I thought you said he brings the roids

He did but once he got outed and fired, he didn't anymore...and his success ended

Stanford has fallen apart since he left...not a coincidence.  Everyone in the Bay knew they were roided up to their eyeballs

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Louisville was a big time mess when he took over. Record aside everyone felt he was taking program in right direction and certainly left program better off than he found it.  He's still considered a good coach who can elevate programs.  I think it also appealed that they could "reset" their coaching salary level post Fickell to a lower, more commensurate level.

Satterfield openly flirted with SCar in the cycle where Beamer was hired, basically confirming he wanted out and alienating all the boosters at once.

Dude was on the chopping block early this season but pulled a string of wins out of his hat. From all reporting I’ve heard on this one, he got out before UL fired him. 

4 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

I’m not the biggest Prime fan but that Colorado locker has some culture issue. One of our coaches accompanied a kid on his official visit to Colorado last year and it was a mess. The kid loved campus and was enjoying his official visit until the head coach’s wife made an ignorant comment to a parent as a “joke”that unraveled the visit. The kid asked his host about the coach after and his host told him and his parent flat out not to come to Colorado and that him along with most guys were planning to get out the program. The host and his roommate both hit the transfer portal. 

I'd like to say that surprises me, but it doesn't.  Nothing surprises me about what a shit show it was up there under Dorrell.

WTF:  Cincy plays Louisville in bowl game.  So coaches moving from Louisville after bowl game are coaching against their new team. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sources: Scott Satterfield's Cincinnati staff taking shape with key additions

Satterfield is bringing top young defensive coordinator Bryan Brown, additional on- and off-the-field personnel with him to the Bearcats

Scott Satterfield’s Cincinnati staff quickly is taking shape, even as the Bearcats continue their bowl prep to face Satterfield’s old team, Louisville, and the Cardinals’ remaining staff in the postseason.

Per sources with direct knowledge, Satterfield already is bringing with him Bryan Brown, Nic Cardwell, Derek Nicholson and Pete Thomas in terms of assistant coaches with on-field roles.

Additionally, one of Satterfield’s top off-the-field staffers– Mark Speir – as well as recruiting and scouting coordinator Carter Wilson also are joining the Cincinnati staff for Satterfield’s inaugural year.

On the field, Cardwell and Thomas are two of Satterfield’s key offensive assistants; Cardwell works with the offensive line while Thomas has served as Satterfield’s quarterbacks coach

A former player at Appalachian State who also worked at NCAA Division II program North Greenville earlier in his career, Cardwell had been with Satterfield at Louisville the past four seasons.

Thomas, a graduate of North Carolina State who played quarterback for a trio of collegiate programs, first worked under Satterfield as a graduate assistant, joined him in Louisville and was elevated to the role of quarterbacks coach early in 2021.

Defensively, Brown has emerged as one of college football’s rising stars at the coordinator spot. Heavily pursued in January 2021 by multiple teams, including Tennessee, Brown served his first season as Louisville’s defensive play-caller a year prior to Satterfield’s arrival. His units have continued to evolve and improve in numerous metrics since Brown took over the defense.

Nicholson, who has co-defensive coordinator experience from his time at Southern Miss, has worked with Louisville’s inside linebackers in recent seasons.

After starring at Florida State, Nicholson briefly played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons before an injury guided him into his post-playing career. He’s coached prep football in the South and then climbed through the coaching ranks to his present post.

it is expected that additional Louisville staff members will join Satterfield's staff at Cincinnati after the Cardinals face the Bearcats in Boston's Fenway Bowl Dec. 17. 

WTF:  Cincy plays Louisville in bowl game.  So coaches moving from Louisville after bowl game are coaching against their new team.
Sources: Scott Satterfield's Cincinnati staff taking shape with key additions
Satterfield is bringing top young defensive coordinator Bryan Brown, additional on- and off-the-field personnel with him to the Bearcats
Scott Satterfield’s Cincinnati staff quickly is taking shape, even as the Bearcats continue their bowl prep to face Satterfield’s old team, Louisville, and the Cardinals’ remaining staff in the postseason.
Per sources with direct knowledge, Satterfield already is bringing with him Bryan Brown, Nic Cardwell, Derek Nicholson and Pete Thomas in terms of assistant coaches with on-field roles.
Additionally, one of Satterfield’s top off-the-field staffers– Mark Speir – as well as recruiting and scouting coordinator Carter Wilson also are joining the Cincinnati staff for Satterfield’s inaugural year.
On the field, Cardwell and Thomas are two of Satterfield’s key offensive assistants; Cardwell works with the offensive line while Thomas has served as Satterfield’s quarterbacks coach
A former player at Appalachian State who also worked at NCAA Division II program North Greenville earlier in his career, Cardwell had been with Satterfield at Louisville the past four seasons.
Thomas, a graduate of North Carolina State who played quarterback for a trio of collegiate programs, first worked under Satterfield as a graduate assistant, joined him in Louisville and was elevated to the role of quarterbacks coach early in 2021.
Defensively, Brown has emerged as one of college football’s rising stars at the coordinator spot. Heavily pursued in January 2021 by multiple teams, including Tennessee, Brown served his first season as Louisville’s defensive play-caller a year prior to Satterfield’s arrival. His units have continued to evolve and improve in numerous metrics since Brown took over the defense.
Nicholson, who has co-defensive coordinator experience from his time at Southern Miss, has worked with Louisville’s inside linebackers in recent seasons.
After starring at Florida State, Nicholson briefly played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons before an injury guided him into his post-playing career. He’s coached prep football in the South and then climbed through the coaching ranks to his present post.
it is expected that additional Louisville staff members will join Satterfield's staff at Cincinnati after the Cardinals face the Bearcats in Boston's Fenway Bowl Dec. 17. 

That's just fucking dumb.
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

So is Holgorsen fired?

Im sitting here going through the scenarios that would make sense...

Either someone at Baylor, UH, or TT is getting fired or taking the Purdue or Stanford job. Only thing that would make real sense Holgo is getting fired.

Nothing else matches I dont think

Edited by Laxtonto

42 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Either someone at Baylor, UH, or TT is getting fired or taking the Purdue or Stanford job. Only thing that would make real sense Holgo is getting fired.

Not unless an aggy fan hit the powerball or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

North Texas fired their coach, but moving there would be a lateral move for Traylor.

Apparently a big bump in money for assistants, does UNT fall in that category? I honestly don't know, I veiw them on par with UTSA. 

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Aranda to Stanford?

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Aranda to Stanford?

Does he have ties to Purdue? 

As far as UNT, yeah they have deeper pockets than UTSA ( consistently in the top 3 of their conf in total coach comp) but doesn’t t make much sense because they aren’t P5 and the UTSA AD would find the $$ to avoid the hit publicly wise from losing their HC to UNT.

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Does he have ties to Purdue?  As far as UNT, yeah they have deeper pockets than UTSA ( consistently in the top 3 of their conf in total coach comp) but doesn’t t make much sense because they aren’t P5 and the UTSA AD would find the $$ to avoid the hit publicly wise from losing their HC to UNT.

UNT doesn't even have an AD right now.  Pretty screwed up job search situation...

On 12/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, Macanudo said:

And now Brohm is leaving Purdue and going to Louisville.

Wow.

That’s really weird since it was just several years ago when everyone thought Brohm would go back to his alma mater but Purdue gave him an extension and a big raise to keep him in W. Lafayette. He didn’t even have a winning record that season (2018) but he upset tOSU at home. I can’t say anyone’s going to miss him or anything because things never panned out like they’d hoped. At least he managed a BIG West title this year but that was in a highly dysfunctional division and he backed into it after Iowa got upset by Nebraska.

I hope they find someone good to replace him. That’s a tough place to have success. 

My wife is getting her masters from Purdue so I am open to offers for me to take over as HC if they want to put one out there. Doesn’t have to be Jimbo type contract but incentives should include Taco Bell for life, a NEW Honda Odyssey minivan, and a signed copy of Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. 

• Like 1

Rough week for Syracuse football.  After a nice 7-5 season they lose both their OC (NCST) and DC (Nebraska) just a few days apart.  I might just take some time away from football if I was Babers rather than bother putting that back together.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Rough week for Syracuse football.  After a nice 7-5 season they lose both their OC (NCST) and DC (Nebraska) just a few days apart.  I might just take some time away from football if I was Babers rather than bother putting that back together.  

Thx, missed those Syracuse assts leaving news...

CORN 2023 Staff Tracker

2023 HEAD COACH
MATT RHULE
Carolina Panthers Head Coach

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
MARCUS SATTERFIELD
South Carolina OC

QUARTERBACKS
JAKE PEETZ
LA Rams Offensive Assistant

RUNNING BACKS
EJ BARTHEL
UConn RBs 

WIDE RECEIVERS
TBA

OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT
ED FOLEY
Carolina Panthers Assistant Special Teams

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
TONY WHITE
Syracuse DC

LINEBACKERS
TBA

DEFENSIVE LINE
TERRANCE KNIGHTON
Carolina Panthers Assistant DL

DEFENSIVE BACKS
Evan Cooper
Carolina Panthers CBs Coach

SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR
ED FOLEY
Carolina Panthers Assistant ST Coach

SUPPORT STAFF:
Corey Campbell (Head S&C)

1 hour ago, Bodhi said:

He can rehire Sterlin Gilbert nobody tried to hire him away from Syracuse. Is Orlando doing anything?

51 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I really hope it's not true that Garrett turned down Stanford. Because if true, God that is sad. Is Stanford just completely giving up on football? 

Nobody with any desire to coach for more than 4 years should take a job at an FBS program with semi-recent success that doesn't take transfers in the portal era.

Edited by The Hot Dog Buffet
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Nobody with any desire to coach for more than 4 years should take a job at an FBS program with semi-recent success that doesn't take transfers in the portal era.

Stanford's administration said they were open to discussions on making changes related to the portal. That came straight from Shaw.

So I'm thinking they may come around by 2030