CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

35 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re all just saying the quiet parts out loud at this point. I’m sure you all think ISU is some piss ant middle of nowhere school that’s a bad hire away from irrelevance - and guess what? That’s spot on! The difference is I know that and made peace with that decades ago. I’m just tickled pink to go past that.

I, and I guarantee every non UT fan on this board whether they’ll admit or not, think UT is a bloated mess of arrogant and delusional boosters with more $ than they know what to do with and far too much influence, and that Texas football will be saddled with disappointing results until/unless that changes.

The SEC move brought that attitude of a lot of your fans and much of this board. Your jabs at us aren’t wrong. And neither are ours at you. Texas football can’t figure it’s self out, so it’s blaming it’s surroundings, taking a bigger check, and assuming your birthright of greatness will be reinstated as a result. This is what Nebraska did too.

We all grew to like each other when we were on the same boat, and now, as we go our separate ways, we’re back to seeing each other the way we initially did. I suppose the reason I still like this board is that even as the discourse slips towards petty and insult driven, it’s still more intelligent, clever, and ultimately entertaining than any other corner of the internet.

Fuck off with this shit dude. You won’t find any more “entitlement” here than you will on any other fan board. God forbid we fucking want our team to win and go into a season with some expectation of doing so. 

40 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re all just saying the quiet parts out loud at this point. I’m sure you all think ISU is some piss ant middle of nowhere school that’s a bad hire away from irrelevance - and guess what? That’s spot on! The difference is I know that and made peace with that decades ago. I’m just tickled pink to go past that.

I, and I guarantee every non UT fan on this board whether they’ll admit or not, think UT is a bloated mess of arrogant and delusional boosters with more $ than they know what to do with and far too much influence, and that Texas football will be saddled with disappointing results until/unless that changes.

The SEC move brought that attitude of a lot of your fans and much of this board. Your jabs at us aren’t wrong. And neither are ours at you. Texas football can’t figure it’s self out, so it’s blaming it’s surroundings, taking a bigger check, and assuming your birthright of greatness will be reinstated as a result. This is what Nebraska did too.

We all grew to like each other when we were on the same boat, and now, as we go our separate ways, we’re back to seeing each other the way we initially did. I suppose the reason I still like this board is that even as the discourse slips towards petty and insult driven, it’s still more intelligent, clever, and ultimately entertaining than any other corner of the internet.

image.gif.f829220eb612927ce035926d91cce89a.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I guarantee every non UT fan on this board whether they’ll admit or not, think UT is a bloated mess of arrogant and delusional boosters with more $ than they know what to do with and far too much influence, and that Texas football will be saddled with disappointing results until/unless that changes.

To be fair, there are plenty of UT FANS (me included) that believe UT is a bloated mess of arrogant and delusional boosters with more $ than they know what to do with and far too much influence, and that Texas football will be saddled with disappointing results until/unless that changes.

As seen most recently by us not pushing the limits of NIL as quickly and as far as possible - we want to talk about being a football school, but have not been willing to do what it takes to get there on a regular basis.  My hope is that with guys like Sark, Flood, Davis, Banks... we're going into the deep water soon.  We'll need to in order to survive in our new neighborhood.  

50 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Well, at the time there were ideas of the 8 remaining schools getting legitimately relegated to the AAC and losing playoff access.  I suppose that could still happen, but were probably going to lose about $5 million per year off the current TV deal and have an automatic playoff spot for the league champion.

This could legitimately work out pretty well for us, but no one likes to be told that they aren't good enough.  No one likes to get dumped.  We got dumped, and like pretty much anyone else in human history, we're going to chuckle at seeing the folks who dumped us suffer.

you got dumped by Nebraska, Colorado, aggy, Missouri.   Texas actually kept you guys when we dumped TCU/SMU/Houston/Rice originally.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this is hilarious.  all we had to do was tell OU we were finally ready to go to the SEC.

of course, true to form we fucked it all up by hiring the 7 win coach before announcing.

I'd be ecstatic for 7 win Sark at this point. He might be known as 7 loss Sark by the time he's done here. 

42 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So our road to the CFP goes through Saban, Kelley, Fisher, Pittman, Venables, Leach and Kiffen? Then we get to meet Kirby/Napier in the CCG? And THEN we hit the playoffs? We may need the roster limit raised to 150.

I don't think y'all have to worry about that road. Your car barely starts.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

A couple decent, not great, seasons and ISU fans are suddenly cunts on the level typically reserved for USC and ND fans? TF?

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

OU and ND just had their coaches poached. That’s nuts. I don’t know if it says something about their programs or the amount of dumb money being thrown around. 

If the $15 mil per year number is close to accurate, I'm not surprised ND was not willing to match it.  That's crazy money.

So frustrating to watch schools that are serious about football lock down big names, while we dumpster dive for the likes of coach potato, shithead, and shitface.

Maybe if our BOR/BMDs we’re semi-competent and acted like adults, we could’ve kept the Urban attempt under wraps. Herman would’ve stuck around and we would’ve taken a 7-6 type season up the ass, but we would’ve been able to take a serious swing again this year.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

So frustrating to watch schools that are serious about football lock down big names, while we dumpster dive for the likes of coach potato, shithead, and shitface.

Maybe if our BOR/BMDs we’re semi-competent and acted like adults, we could’ve kept the Urban attempt under wraps. Herman would’ve stuck around and we would’ve taken a 7-6 type season up the ass, but we would’ve been able to take a serious swing again this year.

THIS!  I want to have hope but damn apparently all you have to do is moneywhip people? Or we are that toxic that people said no? Or the BMDs control everything and didn't offer? Fuck it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Damn that’s brutal