CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Blevins saying that nothing is imminent, $9.95 guy saying it's still Venables. Some dipshit on an OKST board says it's Saban. Nobody knows shit.

Venables makes the most sense and has since the beginning but it is possible they are kicking tires if they had some bigger fish express interest.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

So if you're Fickell, which job is better blOU or Notre Dame ??

Or do you just stay at Cincy for now ??

he's 48.  he's been the HC at Cincy for 5 years.  If either call you go.  This is a no brainer.  neither is a dumpster fire.  you are picking from 2 blue bloods that have currently have 10+ wins.

My guess is he'd go to ND.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he's 48.  he's been the HC at Cincy for 5 years.  If either call you go.  This is a no brainer.  neither is a dumpster fire.  you are picking from 2 blue bloods that have currently have 10+ wins.

My guess is he'd go to ND.

Recruiting tougher at ND than blOU due to ND academic requirements , but pretty sure Fickell is Catholic so ND might be right spot.  Also ND in middle of his current recruiting area.  

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's becoming clearer by the day that OU was definitely blindsided by this. They're doing a coaching search and had no clue who they were going to hire when Riley left. 

So they feel like the rest of the Big XII did…

Fuck em.  When a cheatin bitch gets cheated on, I don’t wanna hear it.

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Everything I’m seeing still points to Venables with Lebby coming as OC. I’d bet that will end up the winning ticket. 

Is the thought that Venables actually wants Lebby, or is OU picking the OC for their next head coach? The latter doesn’t seem to be a good approach.

Just now, South Austin said:

Is the thought that Venables actually wants Lebby, or is OU picking the OC for their next head coach? The latter doesn’t seem to be a good approach.

Good question. You’re right that it would be better he is Venables’ choice. I don’t know that answer. I do know several ‘22 and ‘23 recruits have polled positive on a Lebby hire. 

1 hour ago, Gaffords said:

Shut your whore mouth!

If that happens, I'll make it official. Mack Brown sold our soul to the devil who collected about a dozen years ago.

Technically, the sale was 16 years ago this January. The collection on the debt is ongoing.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Then why wait to announce?   Meanwhile he’s recruiting for Clemson.  

I don’t know. There isn’t a lot of history to look at with Joe C and big football hires. He’s only done this once, and that guy is somewhat involved in this one. 

My guess is they are lining up a full staff to announce together, but I don’t know. 

So the internet is saying Notre Dame is expected to name their DC as the next head coach over possible options like Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell. They really do not want to pay people. At some point, Notre Dame needs to understand those golden helmets are only going to take you so far in today's college football world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

A plane from Winston Salem just landed in Norman. 

5 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Cigarette run?

Greensboro/Winston-Salem is the last airport I remember being in where you literally could smoke wherever you wanted to, including at the ticket counters.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So the internet is saying Notre Dame is expected to name their DC as the next head coach over possible options like Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell. They really do not want to pay people. At some point, Notre Dame needs to understand those golden helmets are only going to take you so far in today's college football world. 

I'll legit Lol if goofballs like Campbell and Fickell hold out for prime rust belt jobs, just to get passed over for an unknown defensive coordinator 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Money is part of it.  Part of it is ND fans think Freeman is the next great thing.  The message boards I’ve read and the fans I know almost have a cult like following of him.  

7 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Money is part of it.  Part of it is ND fans think Freeman is the next great thing.  The message boards I’ve read and the fans I know almost have a cult like following of him.  

Mark Packer was citing that under Freeman's leadership, ND's 2023 class is currently ranked #2 in the nation as a big reason for his being favored by so many.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, mdmost said:

its in their DNA. they'll fire him if he sucks after 4 or 5 years.

they are kind of like we have been in a lot of ways.  CDC, the SEC move, NIL may have changed that for us.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Mark Packer was citing that under Freeman's leadership, ND's 2023 class is currently ranked #2 in the nation as a big reason for his being favored by so many.

Supposedly the players unanimously back Freeman and are quite vocal about their support. 

When you see how OU’s recruiting classes and current team have cratered from a coach leaving, you do what needs to be done to keep that from happening. 

…or you act like the Houston Texans did and you make a comment about not letting the “inmates [run] the asylum”. 👀

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

They really do not want to pay people. At some point, Notre Dame needs to understand those golden helmets are only going to take you so far in today's college football world. 

Read again and replace ND with Texas and gold helmets with our beautiful head gear. Been hitting really close to home for a long time.