Louisville Bobby Petrino Fired  
Maryland DJ Durkin Fired  
Massachusetts Mark Whipple Fired  
North Carolina Larry Fedora Fired Mack Brown
Texas State Everett Withers Fired Jake Spavital
Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury Fired Matt Wells
Utah State Matt Wells Move to Lubbock  
Western Kentucky Mike Sanford Fired Tyson Helton

When you put it that way, it seems like Matt Wells got the worst deal of them all...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Lot of smoke around Holgorsen with a lot of different jobs (including some speculation about him flirting with Louisville).  Makes me think he wants out of Morgantown, but I wonder what other jobs, if any, he'd go after this year.

I've got a buddy who is a WVU alum. Granted he's the most cynical motherfucker I've ever met, but his general thoughts on Holgo are indifference, and he follows the program very closely. His general attitude is "if he wasn't going to win the Big 12 this year, he is never going to win it." I personally think that's a reckless attitude for a guy who wins 8 games a year most years for them, but apparently there just isn't currently a ton of love for Holgo in Morgantown..mostly ambivalence. 

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Lot of smoke around Holgorsen with a lot of different jobs (including some speculation about him flirting with Louisville).  Makes me think he wants out of Morgantown, but I wonder what other jobs, if any, he'd go after this year.

If it's true he was actually interested in tech, he'd have to have interest in k state, wouldn't he?  Unless littrell to there is a done deal. 

1 minute ago, pops said:

If it's true he was actually interested in tech, he'd have to have interest in k state, wouldn't he?  Unless littrell to there is a done deal. 

It's hard to tell where he would go but there does seem to be some smoke about both sides not being happy that he is in WVU. I just don't see where WVU could better themselves.

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Strikes me as someone who might take a lower paying NFL OC position to not have to deal with HC duties...  Heck he might have made enough money to be ok going back to being an OC in college.... 

3 minutes ago, pops said:

He realizes this isn't the big Manhattan, doesn't he?

I've never been. Maybe it's better than Lubbock, but it seems remote for a partier. 

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I agree he has taken USC from a place where 99% of the guys in Kliff's position would immediately accept an offer from to a place where Kliff is basically saying I will get back to you

Swann at USC will have to replace Helton to get quality offensive & defensive coordinators...

The NFL’s pool of coaching candidates may not be deep enough for each franchise to find its own offensive mastermind, but there’s a reason Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley has become the hottest name in the league’s coaching carousel. It’s no accident that the Rams and other front offices reached out to Kliff Kingsbury almost immediately after he was fired by Texas Tech. Teams have started to understand what it takes to build a winner in the modern NFL, and for the franchises that don’t already have the ingredients, coaching changes are on the horizon. Firings like the one in Green Bay and rumblings like those in Carolina may be the first surprises of this season, but they certainly won’t be the last.

From The Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/12/3/18124008/packers-fire-mike-mccarthy-nfl-coaching-trend-sean-mcvay

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Not a shock.  Wonder what happened?  On the surface it appears fired, but there were reports that Gus wanted him gone but AU was going to make Gus keep him.  Wonder if Lindsey just didn't feel wanted/comfortable.

And it happens the day before Kelly Bryant is announcing.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

You don’t just walk away from Liberty, Liberty walks away from you. 

You could poll a 1000 knowledgeable college football fans, and there is a damn good chance not a single fucking one of them knows where Liberty University is located. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

You don’t just walk away from Liberty, Liberty walks away from you. 

You could poll a 1000 knowledgeable college football fans, and there is a damn good chance not a single fucking one of them knows where Liberty University is located. 

I am guessing Virginia, but that's all I got. I feel like I pay a lot of attention to the sport of CFB. Also, I don't know where Old Dominion and East Carolina are. I presume VA and NC somewhere, respectively, but that's as close as I can come to getting them right. There really aren't many others in the FBS that I don't think I could nail. Good trivia item at a bar, really.

9 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Strikes me as someone who might take a lower paying NFL OC position to not have to deal with HC duties...  Heck he might have made enough money to be ok going back to being an OC in college.... 

Problem is, he pretty much needs to remain HC because he's gotten used to it.  He takes a job working for anyone other than smellsofbourbon (out of coaching) or maybe Sumlin and he gets fired after he shows up late and hung over more than a couple times.   

He looks kinda like the bum at Ben white/congress when that guy wears a visor with a greasy, stringy skullet 

I totally get this is a pretty big who gives a shit job, but Austin Peay was one of the worst programs in FCS before Healy took over and they got snubbed for a playoff spot last year. It'll be interesting to see if can build an FBS resume and be a name to watch for big jobs 5 years down the road.

• Like 3

We are up to 20 HC changes now...

School Out Why? In
Akron Terry Bowden Fired  
Appalachian State Scott Satterfield Move to Louisville  
Bowling Green Mike Jinks Fired Scot Loeffler
Central Michigan John Bonamego Fired Jim McElwain
Charlotte Brad Lambert Fired  
Colorado Mike MacIntyre Fired  
East Carolina Scottie Montgomery Fired Mike Houston
Georgia Tech Paul Johnson Retired  
Kansas David Beaty Fired Les Miles