CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

What are the odds that Michigan guys are jumping ship because they think Harbaugh might be done in Ann Arbor?  If I was an assistant, regardless of whether my HC was going to be fired or not, I would almost always be looking to jump from a stale situation to one with a new HC (if I wasn't being promoted to HC at some school).  Day's shelf life is 4 years.  Who knows how long Harbaugh is going to be at UM?  As an assistant you might buy yourself an extra year or two of paychecks by making even a lateral move.

It's not a lateral move. Mattison coached the DL at Michigan. He's a Co-DC at OSU. He was DC under Brady Hoke but took a demotion under Harbaugh. This is a promotion and a raise for him. 

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I'm guessing it's a joke about the fact that your school employed a serial wife-beater and covered it up which caused your former head coach to fake another health condition to get out of a challenging situation. But I'm just spitballing here. 

i was referring to allegations against Schiano of player abuse at both Rutgers and the Dolphins, as well as ignoring the child abuse at Pedo State, but your guess also works.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

If Kingsbury really quit, it’s example number ten thousand of people demonstrating poor character. It used to be that a man’s word and commitment meant something. Not anymore. Queue up the Kush gif. I don’t blame USC for blocking him. He accepted the job. That’s what he gets for being an immoral punk ass bitch.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

If Kingsbury really quit, it’s example number ten thousand of people demonstrating poor character

Don't put a buyout in the contract if you don't want someone to buy themselves out. Contract has a legal way to get out, if he uses it, then why the faux outrage?

45 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Kliff just keeps falling upwards.  Lane Kiffin recognizes and respects Kliff's game.  Lane is likely also a precautionary tale to Kliff...

That you might make a million a year and live in Florida? Fuck, that's scary. I hope that doesn't end up to any of us!

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe Grinch didn't want to stay with Day and Ohio State.  OU gave him a lot of money and he prolly has total freedom with the defense there.

Well either way..... Day and Grinch not a match.  Just a big surprise for Grinch to leave ohio state since he grew up in Ohio and reportedly wanted to move back to Ohio area for his family.....

1 hour ago, NBMisha said:

Un fucking believable.  

The NFL is a complete shitstorm of looking for the magic coach.  Going down down down the talent ladder in search of the miraculous.

he has his issues but he isn't at all some trash coach who shouldn't ever have a job again - he isn't Petrino 

19 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's not a lateral move. Mattison coached the DL at Michigan. He's a Co-DC at OSU. He was DC under Brady Hoke but took a demotion under Harbaugh. This is a promotion and a raise for him. 

Football Scoop reporting:

Ohio State: Michigan linebackers coach Al Washington will join Ryan Day’s staff per Tom VanHaaren.

Also: Detroit Free Press

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/01/08/michigan-football-al-washington-ohio-state-coaching-staff/2513136002/

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Ever have a day when you think you are better at a job than the guy you paid to do it even though you have no experience and he has tons?  Having that feeling about the GMs at Arizona and NYJ.

No shit, I am acquaintances with Mike McCagnan. At one time, as much I ran into him and bullshitted with him, I could argue we were friends on some loose level. Anyway, he's a good dude and very smart. I'm cheering for him to win at NYJ, but failure wouldn't stun me.

When he ran college scouting for the Texans, we'd get into arguments about different players and some of his takes were ... bizarre. Anyway, he got me into the Texans War Room on draft day several years in a row and that was a fucking bad ass experience, so I hope shit works out in his favor. Hiring Matt Rhule doesn't seem like a crazy choice to me.

37 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Will laugh hysterically at the upcoming Baylor coaching search.  They'll prolly have zero self awareness and want Kendal Briles.

Man you know it's bad in the NFL when they are chasing 3rd tier coaches from the Big XII trying to get the Hot New Thing.  You have to wonder what sort of bidding war would break out if Lincoln Riley hinted that he might be available.