CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

Seeing all these hires on this thread..... just makes me believe that Herman will make at least two Asst Coach changes this year.

I Don't believe the Fake News Smokescreen message that Texas FB will have no Coaching Staff changes for 2019.

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Seeing all these hires on this thread..... just makes me believe that Herman will make at least two Asst Coach changes this year.

I Don't believe the Fake News Smokescreen message that Texas FB will have no Coaching Staff changes for 2019.

My guess is it won't happen until after NSD2, though. But... yeah.

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Hey ESPN, no take backs on this "hot take" that went wrong...

Here's the entire Dabo write-up from 2018:

Coaching hires have been a laugh riot this holiday season
by Pat Forde
Dec 18, 2008

• Clemson.The hire: Swinney, who was recruiting coordinator and wide receivers coach until Tommy Bowden was whacked in midseason. The grade:D-plus.
    Swinney was part and parcel of a failed season, but somehow got a promotion out of the deal. Who knew that beating Duke and Virginia could lead to such ample rewards? Clemson fans loved the fact that the Tigers closed the regular season by beating rival South Carolina. But hey, Bowden beat the Gamecocks seven times in nine tries and look where that got him. Swinney has the same thing going for him that Sarkisian has at Washington: the in-conference competition in the ACC isn't that stiff.

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

NB stated They were #1 in Special Teams Efficiency at Troy (per ESPN).  Will be interesting to see if that carries over to West Virginia.....

Agreed..! You make a great point, as the way Nebraska was beaten at home by Troy was efficient use of special teams... 

Edited by kopp0e

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Here's the entire Dabo write-up from 2018:

Coaching hires have been a laugh riot this holiday season
by Pat Forde
Dec 18, 2008

• Clemson.The hire: Swinney, who was recruiting coordinator and wide receivers coach until Tommy Bowden was whacked in midseason. The grade:D-plus.
    Swinney was part and parcel of a failed season, but somehow got a promotion out of the deal. Who knew that beating Duke and Virginia could lead to such ample rewards? Clemson fans loved the fact that the Tigers closed the regular season by beating rival South Carolina. But hey, Bowden beat the Gamecocks seven times in nine tries and look where that got him. Swinney has the same thing going for him that Sarkisian has at Washington: the in-conference competition in the ACC isn't that stiff.

I get it. It’s funny and all. But there is not a single fucking person on this board or any other who can claim they had even a vague inkling of what Swinney was going to do at Clemson. Not one. So we’re mocking a pretty good writer, one has justifiably mauled Kiffin on multiple occasions with the keyboard, for having a take proven wrong that was written 10 fucking years ago. 

This is where the Internet utterly blows. It’s more rewarding to do nothing than have an opinion if you’re going to be ridiculed on some that miss down the line. I remember laughing at the Pete Carroll hiring at USC and I was part of a very loud and large chorus on the Internet when doing so. But I’m sure Lane Kiffin and fuckheads mocking Forde’s decade old take had that one the whole way also. Right. 

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get it. It’s funny and all. But there is not a single fucking person on this board or any other who can claim they had even a vague inkling of what Swinney was going to do at Clemson. Not one. So we’re mocking a pretty good writer, one has justifiably mauled Kiffin on multiple occasions with the keyboard, for having a take proven wrong that was written 10 fucking years ago. 

This is where the Internet utterly blows. It’s more rewarding to do nothing than have an opinion if you’re going to be ridiculed on some that miss down the line. I remember laughing at the Pete Carroll hiring at USC and I was part of a very loud and large chorus on the Internet when doing so. But I’m sure Lane Kiffin and fuckheads mocking Forde’s decade old take had that one the whole way also. Right. 

Maybe not entirely the same but you were pretty vocal about abusing people who thought Gilbert was going to be great coming out of high school who then recognized he sucked after his second year. Changing opinions based on new information is what rational people do. Let's not selectively apply the principle, though.

10 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Maybe not entirely the same but you were pretty vocal about abusing people who thought Gilbert was going to be great coming out of high school who then recognized he sucked after his second year. Changing opinions based on new information is what rational people do. Let's not selectively apply the principle, though.

Not entirely true. I was fucking jumped and hounded for holding a position from day one that Gilbert was a problem mechanically and with his serial rapist helicopter father, and that the fucking bullshit Brown and Davis were pulling in recruiting to make those two happy was going to bring pain. And then it all unfolded and yeah, I went back to the prior threads and recalled them. That isn’t this. 

I don’t need to be admonished about the concept of learning, dude. I change my opinion unapologetically over time as I learn new info. I get my old bullshit I missed on thrown in my face regularly, which is fine, because give and take makes this fun.  I just think running over Forde on this one in a typical twittermob pitchfork fashion is fucking dumb. Not a single person here can credibly claim they felt any differently about the Swinney hire after that season.  

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not entirely true.

Absolutely true.

I was fucking jumped and hounded for holding a position from day one that Gilbert was a problem mechanically and with his serial rapist helicopter father, and that the fucking bullshit Brown and Davis were pulling in recruiting to make those two happy was going to bring pain. And then it all unfolded and yeah, I went back to the prior threads and recalled them. That isn’t this. 

You didn't do that. You claimed anyone changing their opinion on Gilbert was participating in some intellectually dishonest practice.

I don’t need to be admonished about the concept of learning, dude.

That's nice because no one was doing that.

I change my opinion unapologetically over time as I learn new info. I get my old bullshit I missed on thrown in my face regularly, which is fine, because give and take makes this fun.  I just think running over Forde on this one in a typical twittermob pitchfork fashion is fucking dumb. Not a single person here can credibly claim they felt any differently about the Swinney hire after that season.  

Which I agreed with. Simply calling you on your own inconsistency.

meh

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get my old bullshit I missed on thrown in my face regularly, which is fine, because give and take makes this fun.  I just think running over Forde on this one in a typical twittermob pitchfork fashion is fucking dumb. Not a single person here can credibly claim they felt any differently about the Swinney hire after that season.  

Ctj...Think you are overreacting on this Forde twittermob episode.  Very few folks expected  Dabo to succeed as Head Coach of Clemson, so today most people just enjoying a laugh about Forde's 2008 take on Dabo's hiring.

Most people understand writers are not always right, and still enjoy reading a lot of Pat Forde's sports articles.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You can't have it both ways.  Either someone is emotionally strong enough to hold and speak an opinion and therefore bear the ridicule that may or may not come with that position or they're not.  If they are not they should shut their pie hole.  Either way there should be no crying about their decision.       

8 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

You can't have it both ways.  Either someone is emotionally strong enough to hold and speak an opinion and therefore bear the ridicule that may or may not come with that position or they're not.  If they are not they should shut their pie hole.  Either way there should be no crying about their decision.       

Huh? 

It’s pure idiocy to disable a person from being able to change their opinion over time as new information is gathered. If Forde showed up today and stated that he still the hire was laughable and mocks Clemson, people close to him would be having him examined for entrance to the nuthouse. 

Like I said, mock away on the prior opinion. I do that and I get mocked as well. It’s part of the amusement, but it’s not like any writer is going to nail every take, no one else had  a better take (except the Clemson AD, I guess) on this one, and Forde’s a good writer. The whole reason for Kiffin calling that post out is because Forde has climbed up into his head and lived rent free over the years because of legitimate takes about Kiffin being a piece of shit and an average coach, at best. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Not entirely true. I was fucking jumped and hounded for holding a position from day one that Gilbert was a problem mechanically and with his serial rapist helicopter father, and that the fucking bullshit Brown and Davis were pulling in recruiting to make those two happy was going to bring pain. And then it all unfolded and yeah, I went back to the prior threads and recalled them. That isn’t this. 

I don’t need to be admonished about the concept of learning, dude. I change my opinion unapologetically over time as I learn new info. I get my old bullshit I missed on thrown in my face regularly, which is fine, because give and take makes this fun.  I just think running over Forde on this one in a typical twittermob pitchfork fashion is fucking dumb. Not a single person here can credibly claim they felt any differently about the Swinney hire after that season.  

I'm shocked, shocked to find schadenfreude in sports.  Especially among fans on a internet site.

0.jpg

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? 

It’s pure idiocy to disable a person from being able to change their opinion over time as new information is gathered. If Forde showed up today and stated that he still the hire was laughable and mocks Clemson, people close to him would be having him examined for entrance to the nuthouse. 

Like I said, mock away on the prior opinion. I do that and I get mocked as well. It’s part of the amusement, but it’s not like any writer is going to nail every take, no one else had  a better take (except the Clemson AD, I guess) on this one, and Forde’s a good writer. The whole reason for Kiffin calling that post out is because Forde has climbed up into his head and lived rent free over the years because of legitimate takes about Kiffin being a piece of shit and an average coach, at best. 

No one here disagrees.  So change it.  The point is Forde can and should own his regarded take and not cry about it.  Forde said what he said and at the time assumed the risk of it.  It's ok to look back at it and get blasted for it later if he got it wrong.  That is called accountability.  Public opinion gets public praise or ridicule.  Name of the game. 

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

No one here disagrees.  So change it.  The point is Forde can and should own his regarded take and not cry about it.  Forde said what he said and at the time assumed the risk of it.  It's ok to look back at it and get blasted for it later if he got it wrong.  That is called accountability.  Public opinion gets public praise or ridicule.  Name of the game. 

My original post was not about holding him accountable for a bad take. As I’ve said, folks can have a ball with that, typically. My post was about the absurdity that that is the take for which he is taking ridicule. He wrote out what everyone following college football was thinking at the time. Mocking that take today is disingenuous in that not another person in these parts or most can credibly say they had it any different. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Pull it up then. Shaggy has it all sitting there. You’re calling me a liar, go ahead and prove it out. If it is what you’re saying versus me mocking the folks for all of their bullshit heading up to the obvious, then hang me with it. 

Sadly the mouth breathers running the site have managed to make the search function even worse than it used to be.

5 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

I remember reading somewhere that sark was back off the wagon when he was with the falcons. I feel sorry for the man and his disease, but man this might be a wonderful shitshow at bama next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A shitshow for them is 10-2.  I'd take 10-2 for a shitshow year.