CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

15 hours ago, DejaVu said:

I bet it was to interview Jedd Fisch, the Rams assistant. The Rams were practicing at the Air Force Academy. 

Michigan's offense took a big step back last year from 2016. I think him moving to UCLA was a big part of that. It would be an intriguing hire...but Kansas is such a tough place to build a winner. Might get easier in state if the Purple Wizard steps down though.

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sounds like KU job is now gonna be occupied by Les Miles.....

Impossible. They have a fake grass field. He won't be able to graze. I just don't see a national championship winning coach that loves to eat grass ending up at a school that doesn't even have grass.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Jobs that will or might open??

Just spitballin' here.......

Kansas

Kansas State

Louisville

Ohio State

USC

North Carolina

Maryland

Georgia Tech

Rutgers

Vandy

Iowa

So far 3 are right....

Kansas, Louisville, Maryland.

If Les Miles goes to KU, won't be surprised if Bret Bielema interviews for KState job....

Edited by LTtxfan

A guy who has proven himself like Miles doesn't risk anything taking the Kansas job.  But for Fisch to take that job, it could kill his future HC prospects if he can't turn that around over there.  And the likelihood of anyone dramatically improving Kansas' football fortunes are slim.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:44 AM, taybo20 said:

My point is Petrino was out regardless of Purdue. So there were talks happening whether internal or external and with or without Brohm mentioned. Things just happen to be aligning nicely for Louisville right now. 

Petrino was only brought back because of Jurich. Ever since he was fired, Louisville admin has been wanting a clean break from “his guys”. 

I think it is bigger then that. Considering their main benefactor PaPa is no longer dropping cash on them because of his own problems, everyone associated with the old guard is on the kill list by the up and comers. Acedemics can be some spiteful bitches, and damn mean as shit considering all the bullshit they preach. Most never warmed up to the idea of a football coach making more in a year then an entire department of faculty.

I’m sure there are promises being made (that won’t be kept) And ideas aplenty (that are far from realistic), until it is time to initiate them and they realize that after all of the turnovers they are in fact still......Louisville. And no one really gives a fuck what they do, and why they had to hire Petrino and Petino in the first fucking place.

Gaggle of spares on deck, too.  Although Holgorsen might be interesting.....

Colorado AD Rick George wants to hire a recognizable name with previous head-coaching experience, according to sources. Possible candidates include former Oregon coach and Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich, Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin and West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen, who may be interested in making a move after the season.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Why on earth Holgo would want to go to Colorado eludes me. Harsin, on the other hand, I could see. And he would be an excellent hire for them. I would hate it, of course, because I like him, and hate Colorado.

Good to see you took the elude lesson from the other thread. 

Helfrich? Hahahaha. Tedford, OTOH, would be a good hire.  I think former CU DC Jim Leavitt would be as well - he certainly did well there and has improved Oregon's D, and was reasonably successful as head coach at USF. Don't know if he burned any bridges at CU when Uncle Phil money-whipped him to go to UO, though.