Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

41 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This the dumbest non-fucking answer for so many reasons. My biggest issue with it is that it cedes elementary schools to potential gun violence. Rather than address the many flaws in our gun laws chuckle fuck says "meh, we will just put cops in schools to shoot it out around the elementary kids." I'm not even going to go into the ridiculousness of funding or even worse using fucking armed volunteers. 

This is a ridiculous solution and people repeating it should be mocked for their stupidity. It's essentially a Ralph Wiggum response. Cruz might as well have just said "my asshole makes noise when wind comes out of it."

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ruben-gallego-hurls-expletives-ted-002927543.html
Rep. Ruben Gallego hurled profanity at Sen. Ted Cruz after the Texas Republican worried that Democrats and the media would use the massacre of elementary students Tuesday to curb gun rights.
In a series of coarse tweets reflecting the raw outrage at the slaying of at least 14 children and a teacher in Uvalde, Texas, Gallego, D-Ariz., also alluded to an infamous 2021 trip to Cancun, Mexico, Cruz took as his state grappled with massive blackouts following a winter storm.
"Fuck you @tedcruz you care about a fetus but you will let our children get slaughtered. Just get your ass to Cancun. You are useless," Gallego wrote on his personal Twitter account.
Twenty-one minutes later, Gallego doubled down on the message:
"Just to be clear fuck you @tedcruz you fucking baby killer."
Gallego did so in response to remarks by Cruz reported by CNN.
“Inevitably when there's a murderer of this kind, you see politicians try to politicize it, you see Democrats and a lot of folks in the media whose immediate solution is to try to restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens,” Cruz said.
Gallego later turned his anger at Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who had tweeted, "Our thoughts and prayers are with these families."
"Fuck your prayers. They haven’t worked for the last 20 mass shootings how about passing laws that will stop these killings," Gallego said.
Gallego also ripped Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., after she condemned the shooting.
“We are horrified and heartbroken by the senseless tragedy unfolding at Robb Elementary School in Texas and grateful to the first responders for acting swiftly,” Sinema said in a statement. “No families should ever have to fear violence in their children's schools.”
“Please just stop.. unless you are willing to break the filibuster to actually pass sensible gun control measures you might as well just say ‘thoughts and prayers,’” Gallego responded.
[/url] 200.gif

I’d ride into battle with Gallego. The Dems need that sort of energy X10,000.
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rep. Ruben Gallego hurled profanity at Sen. Ted Cruz after the Texas Republican worried that Democrats and the media would use the massacre of elementary students Tuesday to curb gun rights.

In a series of coarse tweets reflecting the raw outrage at the slaying of at least 14 children and a teacher in Uvalde, Texas, Gallego, D-Ariz., also alluded to an infamous 2021 trip to Cancun, Mexico, Cruz took as his state grappled with massive blackouts following a winter storm.

"Fuck you @tedcruz you care about a fetus but you will let our children get slaughtered. Just get your ass to Cancun. You are useless," Gallego wrote on his personal Twitter account.

“Inevitably when there's a murderer of this kind, you see politicians try to politicize it, you see Democrats and a lot of folks in the media whose immediate solution is to try to restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens,” Cruz said.

Gallego later turned his anger at Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who had tweeted, "Our thoughts and prayers are with these families."

"Fuck your prayers. They haven’t worked for the last 20 mass shootings how about passing laws that will stop these killings," Gallego said.

Gallego also ripped Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., after she condemned the shooting.

“We are horrified and heartbroken by the senseless tragedy unfolding at Robb Elementary School in Texas and grateful to the first responders for acting swiftly,” Sinema said in a statement. “No families should ever have to fear violence in their children's schools.”

“Please just stop.. unless you are willing to break the filibuster to actually pass sensible gun control measures you might as well just say ‘thoughts and prayers,’” Gallego responded.

Old Man Good Job GIF

get that marine in the senate !!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Old Man Good Job GIF

Cant wait for this motherfucker to primary Sinema. The only bummer is we have to wait, what, 3 more years? This country might not even exist then. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Fucking cunt bag

I like how "hey what can we do to stop these mass killings" is now considered "political". Like if we had done nothing after 9/11 and once a month we had terrorists flying planes into buildings. "When are we going to stop these terrorists from flying planes into buildings?". "Oh there you go getting all political again..."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

right on cue, Ted runs to Fox News to grandstand about Beto:

It's not "turning into a political rally" when you walk alone into an emotionally charged room full of people who hate you.

He's closer to Zelenskyy and Navalny than they realize.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Because most people in Texas are horrible people 

If you keep electing people that do horrible things, you are also horrible. 

Still think Texas is gerrymandered to be ruled by a minority, and if that's the case, most people in Texas wouldn't be horrible.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Still think Texas is gerrymandered to be ruled by a minority, and if that's the case, most people in Texas wouldn't be horrible.  

It's definitely gerrymandered to be damned, yet we still elect the biggest pieces of shit (Hot Wheels, Patrick, Paxton, Cruz) to statewide office consistently.  Look around - Texas is certainly horrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Fucking cunt bag

Why the fuck can't we get U.S. media to press GQP elected officials like this?  This was a breath of fresh air, even though Cruz ended up running away.  Our press needs to reveal these fuckers for the disingenuous sacks of shit that they are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

texas is regarded. here's tom with the weather

got out 4 years ago. never coming back. if its the US it must be a heavy blue state, and even then i doubt it. 

can't wait to see my homies in ATX this weekend. there will be lots of them wanting out yet again. rinse and repeat. at some point you have to realize this is what it is. this is life in America for the foreseeable future. Ted will get elected, nothing will change. children will die (and every other thing you care about changing isn't changing either)

and it fucking sucks

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, there's no gerrymandering involved in a Senate election. And yet there is Ted Cruz again. So how does that jibe with your belief? Now do Governor. 

True, I'm just hoping for the best outcome.  I hate believing that Texas isn't even close to a moderate state, even with more transplants.    

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

True, I'm just hoping for the best outcome.  I hate believing that Texas isn't even close to a moderate state, even with more transplants.    

You realize those transplants coming from California aren't coming from the Blue areas, right? They're making the state redder. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You realize those transplants coming from California aren't coming from the Blue areas, right? They're making the state redder. 

But they're also coming from other regions as well.  DC is losing population for the first time in a while.  With Covid, other big Eastern cities were too. And if DC is 90+% blue, I was hoping this area along with others are helping to change wherever they're going.  I was keeping my fingers crossed that voter suppression was ramping up was because of a stronger blue influence--similarly to Virginia (granted Democrats lost seats this past election).  And I was hoping the last presidency helped sour the public on Republicans as a whole.   

Edited by Mdhorn

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

But they're also coming from other regions as well.  DC is losing population for the first time in a while.  With Covid, other big Eastern cities were too. And if DC is 90+% blue, I was hoping this area along with others are helping to change wherever they're going.  I was keeping my fingers crossed that voter suppression was ramping up was because of a stronger blue influence--similarly to Virginia (granted Democrats lost seats this past election).  And I was hoping the last presidency helped sour the public on Republicans as a whole.   

73aO.gif

Goddamnit South Austin. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
Slow.

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's a mix.  One of my close friends moved from Cali and is very left-leaning.  Of course, he's moving back to Cali in the fall after being disgusted at Texas politics so...

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We ran into a restaurant owner in rural California who sang Texas' praises when he found out we had lived there in the past.  He expressed a desire to move there one day.  In a restaurant covered in God and Jesus references and knick knacks his highest praise was that Texas knew how to execute people.  You know, just like Jesus stated in his sermon on the mount.  If he fits the average pattern of migrants into the state then Texas is indeed fucked.

• Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Bullneck said:

That's $30,000 a month.  And that was in 2016.  I wonder how much from 2017 to 2022?

144 people have been killed in school shootings since 2016 (I don't have the breakdown of kids vs adults) so that works out that Raphael has put a price of $2,505 per head on our kids and school officials.  Fuck that mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1