Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

Ted values Ted over party, country and family.

100%. Ted looks out for Ted and that’s it 

No introspective from Ted that Heidi tried to kill herself running onto Mopac and his daughter just tried to slit her own wrists 

• Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Not even joking but she should look into emancipation and being adopted by a better family that won't put her through all this christofascist bullshit

She needs to stay with Heidi.  She's a good mom and is trying her level best to make lemonade out of a sentient stool sample for a husband.  Heidi needs to leave Ted, and I'm guessing she will.  The political theater isn't worth it to them anymore.  He can still ascend to the Cabinet or SCOTUS as a divorcee.  Anything is possible now in post-MAGA modernity.  However, none of these alternatives change the fact that his daughter still has to hear/read Ted's vitriolic dismissal of people like her as sick and broken.  

The girls and Heidi are now officially trapped in a lifelong mental prison with almost no possible escape.  And the truly fucked up part is, that's just how Ted wants it.

I pray for that family, but mostly it just makes me want to be a kinder dad.  So I guess, 'Thanks, Ted.'   

• Like 1

This is sad sad shit. What a failure of a human being. Protect and love your children unconditionally, that is your job as a parent. Ted Cruz is incapable of doing either, and his influence in his daughter’s life is a net negative and likely a major contributor to this horrible situation. 

I hope the young girl is able to find peace and recover in a meaningful way. Heidi should stand up for her kids and create a more stable emotional environment, by divorcing the chud or by caving his head in with a roofing hammer.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

She needs to stay with Heidi.  She's a good mom and is trying her level best to make lemonade out of a sentient stool sample for a husband.  Heidi needs to leave Ted, and I'm guessing she will.  The political theater isn't worth it to them anymore.  He can still ascend to the Cabinet or SCOTUS as a divorcee.  Anything is possible now in post-MAGA modernity.  However, none of these alternatives change the fact that his daughter still has to hear/read Ted's vitriolic dismissal of people like her as sick and broken.  

The girls and Heidi are now officially trapped in a lifelong mental prison with almost no possible escape.  And the truly fucked up part is, that's just how Ted wants it.

I pray for that family, but mostly it just makes me want to be a kinder dad.  So I guess, 'Thanks, Ted.'   

Some of it is Bs, she can leave anytime, she isn’t helpless victim here, she can pack her bags and leave.

she is a Harvard Business school graduate and works for Goldman Sachs, she won’t be hurting for $ here.

she is enabling her daughter and isn’t helping. She needs to gtfo

• Hook 'Em 4

I think some of you are talking about shit you knowing nothing about.

I don't have any idea what the family dynamic truly is. Teen depression/suicide occur within good, loving families. To assume Ted, the father, is entirely the problem/issue is wildly presumptuous.

I have no love for Ted, but I can feel empathy for what he and his family are going through. It being discussed publicly is probably not helpful, but I am not naïve to the realities.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I feel badly for the daughter, who should not be the subject of public discussion.  But, really disgusted by the right who you know would be blaring this from roof tops if this happened to a Dem senator's child.  Hell, they argued that Jamie Raskin wasn't fit to serve in Congress after his son committed suicide.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

56 minutes ago, yoladu said:

I don't have any idea what the family dynamic truly is. Teen depression/suicide occur within good, loving families. To assume Ted, the father, is entirely the problem/issue is wildly presumptuous.

I have no love for Ted, but I can feel empathy for what he and his family are going through. It being discussed publicly is probably not helpful, but I am not naïve to the realities.

I don't think anyone stated anything close to suggesting Ted is 'entirely the problem/issue.'  Obviously suicide in young people can happen to any family at any time.  i worry about it sometimes with my oldest daughter.  

She's working through her own stuff and we all wish her the best health and happiness.  Also.  And.  In addition to that.  Her father is Ted Cruz who trades in hate and bigotry for a living.  Not saying it's the direct causal link...but it sure as shit don't help.  I know nothing about the young lady and it's none of my business.  But I know Heidi and Ted.  And she needs to get the fuck outta dodge for a number of reasons.  But in the end, it won't insulate the children from who their father is.  Not saying he's such an asshole as to be 'entire the problem/issue' (your words, not mine)...but again, it really doesn't help.  Texans would be very surprised actually at how little Ted is involved in his family life these days.  That's probably for the best, but she's 14...she can log on/turn on cable news, and see who he's "trying to be."  He was a decent guy when he first got into politics, most people won't believe that...but he was.  But he's a monster now.  Again, not a cause, or even correlation.  But he's just not helping right now with what he's become.  But I feel bad for him because he's going through hell right now and is probably confused as fuck on what to do to help.  Heidi and the girls are in an awful spot right now with very few options.  Just because you're not entirely the problem, doesn't mean you're of any fucking help right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

I agree with this in its entirety, and I am powerfully uncomfortable talking about Ted Cruz at all in connection with his daughter's current difficulties.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A lot of y'all are a better persons than me.

I feel no empathy, sympathy, or any other emotion for that ratfuck. Is revulsion an emotion?

All I know about Mrs. Ratfuck is that she is married to the ratfuck, so I don't really feel anything for her either.

I sincerely hope the daughter turns out OK in the end. I hope both parents do the right thing. As far as I can tell, that would require the ratfuck to stop being a ratfuck, and Heidi to divorce the ratfuck. Until either of those things happen....

The ratfuck has made a career of making a punching bag out of the gays and bis and queers and the trans, despite the fact that his own daughter is apparently bi (I did not know that until now). How is that not psychological abuse? How is staying married to that not psychological abuse?

You see, Mr. and Mrs. ratfuck? You see what happens?

Of course, there is the possibility that she loves her dad. Her attempted suicide had nothing to do with her sexuality or her ratfuck father. Who really knows? We will probably never know. But until I find out otherwise, yeah, they are ratfucks. Fuck em.

Yeah I feel no empathy for Ted. Just the rest of the family. Mostly because Ted doesn’t care what his rhetoric does to his family. The daughters didn’t choose Ted. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I don't think anyone stated anything close to suggesting Ted is 'entirely the problem/issue.'  Obviously suicide in young people can happen to any family at any time.  i worry about it sometimes with my oldest daughter.  

She's working through her own stuff and we all wish her the best health and happiness.  Also.  And.  In addition to that.  Her father is Ted Cruz who trades in hate and bigotry for a living.  Not saying it's the direct causal link...but it sure as shit don't help.  I know nothing about the young lady and it's none of my business.  But I know Heidi and Ted.  And she needs to get the fuck outta dodge for a number of reasons.  But in the end, it won't insulate the children from who their father is.  Not saying he's such an asshole as to be 'entire the problem/issue' (your words, not mine)...but again, it really doesn't help.  Texans would be very surprised actually at how little Ted is involved in his family life these days.  That's probably for the best, but she's 14...she can log on/turn on cable news, and see who he's "trying to be."  He was a decent guy when he first got into politics, most people won't believe that...but he was.  But he's a monster now.  Again, not a cause, or even correlation.  But he's just not helping right now with what he's become.  But I feel bad for him because he's going through hell right now and is probably confused as fuck on what to do to help.  Heidi and the girls are in an awful spot right now with very few options.  Just because you're not entirely the problem, doesn't mean you're of any fucking help right now. 

Given that everyone he worked with in the Bush White House hated his fucking guts, I find this pretty hard to believe.

Just like genders, Ted's being complicit or not, is not fucking binary.  He's not the whole cause.  He's not 100% loving and supportive and deserving of our empathy either.  We all hope and pray she's okay and gets help and love and support.  ALSO.  IN ADDITION TO THAT.  AND!  Ted's a piece of human shit that brings almost nothing but pain and hate to everyone close to him.  Okay?  I don't need to lose a child to suicide to know that Ted is a fucking parasite, and that his family has been moving further and further away from for several years now.  That's not a fucking coincidence.  Heidi has been taking measures for years now to insulate her children from this monster.  He didn't make her attempt suicide, we fucking get it!  But he is of zero fucking help, he's a net drag on the family.  Never mind the drag he is on our State.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

At least she's finally taking responsibility for her role in forcing Ted to fly to Cancun.

Holy shit, man.  Whatever is one level up from "too soon"...you win today. ;)  

I mean when SWA said "Wanna get Away?"  

Edited by YGIFS

28 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

See, I just can't agree with this.    When a parent stays with a smelly pile of shit they condone and implicity allow their children to deal with the abuse, explicit or not, that comes.   So if Ted says vile shit about the LGTBQ community and turns around to his daughter and says "but I don't really mean it" or "this doesn't apply to you though", at some point the kid figures out that it is really about them or that their parent is a flaming heap of dung. 

Would anyone say the same thing about a mom who stayed with a man who was sexually abusing her child even if she "was a good mom"?   Because I don't think you can be considered a good parent if the one you're married to is a belching fistule of human excrement like Ted.

I get what you're saying.  Cold comfort and all, but Ted's not really in their lives anymore.  As I posted on good authority, even when he's in Texas..he barely sees the girls.  He spends less time in that home than any conservative Texan could possibly fathom.  Based on what his former and current Chiefs of Staff mumble after several drinks, I'd be surprised if he spend more than 3-4 nights a month there.  

Heidi was strictly in damage control mode for the last several years.  "If I don't anger him and embarrass him publicly, he'll go on about his business and leave me and the girls alone for the most part."  But that all changed last night I suspect.  She now has to deal with that fact that stay, separate, put on a facade, divorce, marriage of convenience, performative spousal shit, whatever.  None of it solves that he's still Ted Cruz out there somewhere saying the shit he says and the girls can find it anytime they like...and even when they don't want to...somebody will bring it to their attention.  Over and over and over again.  He locked them in a prison of his creation and I thinks he likes it that way.  Marriages come and go, asshole dads have a tendency to fade into obscurity.  But the Cruz family drew the short straw.  He's a guy that not only won't go away, he's injected himself into the national dialogue for another 30 years.  There's no way out for Heidi and girls.  She can divorce him tomorrow morning with cause.  Won't stop some asshole from spamming their inbox with Ted quotes on bi-sexuality for the rest of their lives.

I have monumental empathy for Heidi.  It's like Ann Jillian being married to the abusive town sheriff.  She can't go anywhere in the Oxygen Network Universe because his bullshit is always around her.  I'm not saying she should do anything extreme.  I'm just saying nobody would hold it against her.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I get what you're saying.  Cold comfort and all, but Ted's not really in their lives anymore.  As I posted on good authority, even when he's in Texas..he barely sees the girls.  He spends less time in that home than any conservative Texan could possibly fathom.  Based on what his former and current Chiefs of Staff mumble after several drinks, I'd be surprised if he spend more than 3-4 nights a month there.  

Heidi was strictly in damage control mode for the last several years.  "If I don't anger him and embarrass him publicly, he'll go on about his business and leave me and the girls alone for the most part."  But that all changed last night I suspect.  She now has to deal with that fact that stay, separate, put on a facade, divor

If he's only there 3 or 4 nights a month, how does Heidi have the time to have all of the affairs you've said she's involved in? Is that a good example for her young daughters?

1 minute ago, royiv said:

If he's only there 3 or 4 nights a month, how does Heidi have the time to have all of the affairs you've said she's involved in? Is that a good example for her young daughters?

One-off dick parties aren't affairs.  And what I referred to previously was a few years ago, at least the ones I knew about.  Millions of married people have affairs every single year, and the kids turn out just fine.  What she does with other consenting adults is her business and certainly the least of the shit her kids to have to put up with.  I think Ted would probably have more side ass but for the fact he looks and sounds almost exactly like Ted Cruz.  

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

See, I just can't agree with this.    When a parent stays with a smelly pile of shit they condone and implicity allow their children to deal with the abuse, explicit or not, that comes.   So if Ted says vile shit about the LGTBQ community and turns around to his daughter and says "but I don't really mean it" or "this doesn't apply to you though", at some point the kid figures out that it is really about them or that their parent is a flaming heap of dung. 

Would anyone say the same thing about a mom who stayed with a man who was sexually abusing her child even if she "was a good mom"?   Because I don't think you can be considered a good parent if the one you're married to is a belching fistule of human excrement like Ted.

There are a lot of scenarios where it's hard for a woman to leave a harmful or abusive man. She's not in one of them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

One-off dick parties aren't affairs.  And what I referred to previously was a few years ago, at least the ones I knew about.  Millions of married people have affairs every single year, and the kids turn out just fine.  What she does with other consenting adults is her business and certainly the least of the shit her kids to have to put up with.  I think Ted would probably have more side ass but for the fact he looks and sounds almost exactly like Ted Cruz.  

If you're posting about her "one-off dick parties" on the internet do you not think the kids would see the same rumors on the internet or from their friends at school? Unless you're just totally making it up. If you're a public figure, and Heidi certainly is by virtue of being married to and complicit with one of the biggest pieces of shit in our country, she should keep her shit off blast.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A lot of y'all are a better persons than me.

I feel no empathy, sympathy, or any other emotion for that ratfuck. Is revulsion an emotion?

All I know about Mrs. Ratfuck is that she is married to the ratfuck, so I don't really feel anything for her either.

I sincerely hope the daughter turns out OK in the end. I hope both parents do the right thing. As far as I can tell, that would require the ratfuck to stop being a ratfuck, and Heidi to divorce the ratfuck. Until either of those things happen....

The ratfuck has made a career of making a punching bag out of the gays and bis and queers and the trans, despite the fact that his own daughter is apparently bi (I did not know that until now). How is that not psychological abuse? How is staying married to that not psychological abuse?

You see, Mr. and Mrs. ratfuck? You see what happens?

Of course, there is the possibility that she loves her dad. Her attempted suicide had nothing to do with her sexuality or her ratfuck father. Who really knows? We will probably never know. But until I find out otherwise, yeah, they are ratfucks. Fuck em.

All this, fuck that douche. He doesn’t give a FUCKING SHIT about his family. He chooses to be the biggest jack ass in politics so he can keep the $$$ flowing in. He has more than enough money to step down and can still make millions a year, but he chooses to go on with his act at the expense of his family 

God bless his daughters for sure but there isn’t enough ill will in the universe for Ted fucking Cruz 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Luckily for her, the two guys I know she banged (one of which I was still in the house after a fundraiser while it was happening), sorry for ruining my dinner), both keep a very low profile about shit like this as they are both happily married when it happened.  The other shit is just that, rumors trafficked by political folks.  The girls were young, and Heidi was drunk and unhappy.  I'm sure they could do digging around and find out, but I don't think most kids are wired that way.  I remember my father doing that to my mother and I wanted no information about it whatsoever.  I think Heidi is through that dark period in her life.  And they reached a kind of detante for a few years.  

But this is obviously something altogether different that completely elevates above husband/wife bullshit.  

She can't just fucking leave him.  The guy's whole schtick is Conservative Man of Faith.  His wife leaves him and takes her kids, one of which now has documented suicidal tendencies.  He'll say some unhinged shit out loud to the media, and guess what?  That's when the whackjobs come out of the woodwork and blame his demise on Heidi.  That'll work fucking wonders for the children and their mental health issues.  she's clinging to sanity by a thread, then her daughter tries to take her own life (or at best a very severe cry for help), and her husband makes one coy remark taken the wrong way by MAGA nation, and it's game over.  Just because she's rich and high functioning doesn't mean this has any good exit strategies for her.  She is not without sin, but nobody deserves to be trapped in a box with that fucking monster.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Ted practiced the kind of authentic Christianity that focused on the love ethic taught by Jesus, he might be better equipped to help his obviously overwhelmed child. I’m not at all hopeful that he’ll embrace introspection, but I wish he would. His kid needs him to be a loving, supportive, present parent.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Luckily for her, the two guys I know she banged (one of which I was still in the house after a fundraiser while it was happening), sorry for ruining my dinner), both keep a very low profile about shit like this as they are both happily married when it happened.  The other shit is just that, rumors trafficked by political folks.  The girls were young, and Heidi was drunk and unhappy.  I'm sure they could do digging around and find out, but I don't think most kids are wired that way.  I remember my father doing that to my mother and I wanted no information about it whatsoever.  I think Heidi is through that dark period in her life.  And they reached a kind of detante for a few years.  

But this is obviously something altogether different that completely elevates above husband/wife bullshit.  

She can't just fucking leave him.  The guy's whole schtick is Conservative Man of Faith.  His wife leaves him and takes her kids, one of which now has documented suicidal tendencies.  He'll say some unhinged shit out loud to the media, and guess what?  That's when the whackjobs come out of the woodwork and blame his demise on Heidi.  That'll work fucking wonders for the children and their mental health issues.  she's clinging to sanity by a thread, then her daughter tries to take her own life (or at best a very severe cry for help), and her husband makes one coy remark taken the wrong way by MAGA nation, and it's game over.  Just because she's rich and high functioning doesn't mean this has any good exit strategies for her.  She is not without sin, but nobody deserves to be trapped in a box with that fucking monster.

I agree with what some of you said, but I struggle to agree the Heidi is a good mother statement. She could have gotten out years ago at the first hint of his shittiness. She could probably have even gotten out after Trump called her ugly and Rafael didn't call him out on it and most people, even the GOP, would have been understanding. Instead, she has been complicit with her husband's behavior which apparently has at least contributed to the mental health struggles of at least one of her daughters.

I feel like you're stanning a bit for Heidi here, which is funny given all the shit you've posted about her in the past. Are you afraid of getting cut out of the one-off dick parties?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

If Ted practiced the kind of authentic Christianity that focused on the love ethic taught by Jesus, he might be better equipped to help his obviously overwhelmed child. I’m not at all hopeful that he’ll embrace introspection, but I wish he would. His kid needs him to be a loving, supportive, present parent.

One might find it curious why the supposedly Christian Right wing doesn’t have the same contempt for infidelity as they do for lgbqt. The infidelity is an actual commandment, literally written in stone by god. 

but then one would recall that the infidelity isn’t an “other people” issue for the right. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

I agree with what some of you said, but I struggle to agree the Heidi is a good mother statement. She could have gotten out years ago at the first hint of his shittiness. She could probably have even gotten out after Trump called her ugly and Rafael didn't call him out on it and most people, even the GOP, would have been understanding. Instead, she has been complicit with her husband's behavior which apparently has at least contributed to the mental health struggles of at least one of her daughters.

I feel like you're stanning a bit for Heidi here, which is funny given all the shit you've posted about her in the past. Are you afraid of getting cut out of the one-off dick parties?

Yeah, I think I'm just trying to add some positivity to a really shitty situation for all involved.  And you're right, her window to leave was probably years ago and nobody would think twice about it.  But now it's a national spotlight deal, her daughters are irrevocably harmed, and unlike most abusive asshole dads---she's stuck with the one guy who can accidentally summon an army of hate-filled radicals by one innocuous comment on twitter.  

But to your last point, I didn't mean it to be posting shit about her.  She's an adult and can make her own decisions.  It was more of a crappy attempt to vicariously tell Ted, "people in glass houses..." and all that.  And I like the one-off dick parties.  It's the two dick parties that worry me.  NTTAWWT.  

59 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Brisket goes to london- queen dies. Brisket goes to Houston…

Can we have @Brisketexan goes to Florida?

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

She can't just fucking leave him.  The guy's whole schtick is Conservative Man of Faith.  His wife leaves him and takes her kids, one of which now has documented suicidal tendencies. 

According to the wisdom of TexAgs folks, she  should never have been working outside the home. Which, as women know, is how one (perhaps not in Ms. Cruz's case) ends up with no current employment skills when the mister decides to trade for a younger version and is frankly irrelevant to the situation but TexAgs are pretty consistent that it must be the mother's fault at each and every turn.  Setting that aside, I recall when Kelly Anne Conway and her spouse were front and center on social media when their daughter was having problems. It is not an easy thing to be a parent and children are not objects to be cast aside when they don't perform like the wind-up toys some parents imagine them to be. Those words are not so much for Ms. Cruz, but Ted. Young people know bullshit when they see it, and it hurts to live a lie. Some teens develop a shell to protect themselves, but others have no such innate mechanism to do so. I hope she is given the opportunity to be heard, to be helped, and to heal.

Edit: Js1 beat me to the punch.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What a load of shit. She can't leave because Cruz might sic some Qnon fucks after his wife. Sorry, that holds zero water. Sure, Cruz COULD do that, but even that would politically fuck him forever, even in Texas. And she can agree to leave, take the kids, and sign a quiet divorce where she doesn't speak out or talk to the media, and takes her kids someplace far away from here and with less loony tunes. She has plenty of money, she could afford security.  Cruz wants this all to go away. Inflaming a mob on twitter to attack his kids is not making it go away. She can get out if she fucking wants. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Can we have @Brisketexan goes to Florida?

According to the wisdom of TexAgs folks, she  should never have been working outside the home. Which, as women know, is how one (perhaps not in Ms. Cruz's case) ends up with no current employment skills when the mister decides to trade for a younger version and is frankly irrelevant to the situation but TexAgs are pretty consistent that it must be the mother's fault at each and every turn.  Setting that aside, I recall when Kelly Anne Conway and her spouse were front and center on social media when their daughter was having problems. It is not an easy thing to be a parent and children are not objects to be cast aside when they don't perform like the wind-up toys some parents imagine them to be. Those words are not so much for Ms. Cruz, but Ted. Young people know bullshit when they see it, and it hurts to live a lie. Some teens develop a shell to protect themselves, but others have no such innate mechanism to do so. I hope she is given the opportunity to be heard, to be helped, and to heal.

Well put.  Children in that kind of predicament either have to construct an alternative ecosystem of living or resort to truly damaging behavior.  There's no just "going along to get along" with the status quo.  But again, the family is in an even more markedly difficult position given who Ted is.  Again, not saying he's the cause but he doesn't help.  

Also, let's just put this out there once and for all.  Ted Cruz doesn't get to have sex anymore.  Unless it's with the most discrete call girls of all time...the guy gets no action whatsoever.  Creepy, obese 80 year old Congressmen get more ass than Ted does.  Ted's wife fucking hates him.  This is why Ted is so fucking cranky and smarmy all the time.  There are far crazier GOP'ers in Congress than him, but they at least have some charisma and game.  This is how it goes with Ted every other weekend in Houston and/or Austin:

"Hey, has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like Senator Ted Cruz?"

"Well, I am in fact Ted Cruz and I approve this flirty message.  Can I buy you a drink?"

"Wait, you're actually Ted Cruz?  Excuse me, I need to go vomit in my girlfriend's car." 

All that power and prestige, he's the panty-dropping equivalent of malaria.  

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What a load of shit. She can't leave because Cruz might sic some Qnon fucks after his wife. Sorry, that holds zero water. Sure, Cruz COULD do that, but even that would politically fuck him forever, even in Texas. And she can agree to leave, take the kids, and sign a quiet divorce where she doesn't speak out or talk to the media, and takes her kids someplace far away from here and with less loony tunes. She has plenty of money, she could afford security.  Cruz wants this all to go away. Inflaming a mob on twitter to attack his kids is not making it go away. She can get out if she fucking wants. 

He wouldn't do it purposely.  As I stated three times, it would something innocuous and accidental, just some moment of being a human being for once that would trigger some unhinged asshole to blame her for his downfall.  I don't know if you've been following the United States for the last few years on twitter, but Ted says stupid shit all the time.  He would never do it consciously.  But then, that's the window some people look for.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

He wouldn't do it purposely.  As I stated three times, it would something innocuous and accidental, just some moment of being a human being for once that would trigger some unhinged asshole to blame her for his downfall.  I don't know if you've been following the United States for the last few years on twitter, but Ted says stupid shit all the time.  He would never do it consciously.  But then, that's the window some people look for.  

Oh, I see, it's something innocuous and accidental. You know what wasn't innocuous and accidental? His daughter taking something sharp to her wrists. So Heidi is sitting here doing the math on having to stay and subject her daughter to a situation that at the very least contributed to her mental health crisis and attempt on her own life...or maybe Ted tweets something and sends some crazies, assuming they can find her, attempt on her or her daughter's life? 

One of those things has happened, the other is a hypothetical fantasy. If you're weighing those things and opt for the latter being the greater risk, with all your resources for protection and the ability to relocate and start over somewhere else...then the answer is you're choosing not to fucking leave versus the obvious real danger to your kid. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: No father should be responsible for their child attempting to commit suicide. 

This. I don’t give a single shit how this affects him, and as someone else said, he’d probably do her a favor if he ate a bullet himself (hyperbole, but only by a little bit). I do care immensely that a poor girl is hurting simply because of who she is and has a parent on national television all the time conveying his disgust for her. No girl should have to lose a parent, but it’s likely she has no true parenting to begin with from that piece of human garbage that fathered her.

• Like 1