Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

No, you're right.  I'm just trying to put myself in their shoes and it's not working.  It's a hellscape and it's all shit either way.  I'm trying to feel empathy for the family, and let's just be honest then...it's a damaged child crying for help to a monster of a father and an enabling mother.  I dunno man, it's shit.  It's all shit.  It's the cornerstone of Ted's professional life, Heidi doesn't seem to give fuck one, and there's the poor girls caught in the middle of nothing.  An abyss.  Not saying Ted is the cause, but this absolutely 100% sucks all the way around.  My stupid ass in recovery is trying to make lemonade out of lemons.  There's no good news here until those kids get the fuck outta this shadow of hatred.  Heidi can expedite it, but I suspect she won't.  It fucking sucks, only good news is they won't ever see this thread.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Rob Portman's son came out a while back and he backed off on the anti-gay rhetoric and voted for the gay marriage bill.

Ted's daughter comes out and Ted continues to grandstand against the LGBT community, trans persons the most, voted against the gay marriage bill.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

People who don't see the light until later in life, when it happens within their own family, deserve  more patience and understanding.  You can't be open and accepting to everything your whole life.  It doesn't work that way.  Sometimes you need some time or exposure or education or travel or faith to guide your hand.  It doesn't excuse their behavior or beliefs, but it also does not deserve categorial condemnation. 

My father was mean to my mother.  No domestic violence but adultery and yelling.  I didn't know domestic violence, literal battery, was even a thing until I was much older.  I didn't even know, other than Ann Jillian  movies, that hitting women as even a thing.  And a childhood friend of my mother's came to stay with us in the middle of the night one time...all the way from the Rio Grande Valley to Chicago.  And she turned back around and went back.  I didn't know at the time, that's what most women of physical abuse do.  Irene was scared for her life and eventually died from cancer-probably not putting up much of a fight against it given her husband's actions and her kids were finally grown and outta the house.  Her daughter to this day has serious mental issues, the adopted gay brother was always treated like shit by the husband.  But the husband in his 70's?  He struggles to walk and breathes through a tube in his throat. But i wouldn't know anything about that or how it happened to the poor man.  I wish it wouldn't have taken so long for us to see the problem, we coulda helped her stay alive and happy.  But I was young, naive, and didn't understand what was out there until I was much older.

I was today years old when it finally occurred to me, you don't have to yell at your child about their identity, or take them to church, or conversion therapy, or let them suffer peer pressure.  You don't have to be directly involved at all.  They just need to have a twitter account to see the monster that shows up to Sunday dinner.  

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Would anyone say the same thing about a mom who stayed with a man who was sexually abusing her child even if she "was a good mom"?   Because I don't think you can be considered a good parent if the one you're married to is a belching fistule of human excrement like Ted.

His family has felt like a prop to him for a while, both his human wife and her daughters.  There’s the infamous punching of his human wife because he wanted to hug his dad first at a campaign celebration, her daughters giving him a cold shoulder as he tried to get a photo op, blaming them for his fleeing to Mexico, etc.

Fail Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

Lying Donald Trump GIF

Ted Cruz Burgers GIF

ted cruz texas GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This girl is going to have to deal with the fact her dad is Ted Cruz for the rest of her life. Mom can leave or not and eventually Caroline will still have to deal with her own existence. Maybe she will get out this family with most of herself intact and functional. It's a fucked up situation no matter what. 

She has a chance. Even the Nazis had children that tried to make...a difference? Amends? Healing?

Maybe. She's 14 and I hope she finds a way to live because that's way too early to check out.

Really hope she will come out of this ok. 

Ted Cruz is hated in his own neighborhood. Ted Cruz is hated by the majority of people involved at his daughter's school. Unquestionably has to be difficult for her, especially at 14 years old. 

Clearly inappropriate to assume anything, but based off the rumblings I've heard over the last couple of years, this happening is not a total surprise. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Texans would be very surprised actually at how little Ted is involved in his family life these days. 

No-one who has ever called his office would be surprised,  but to echo what Gil and GoLL said, I don't feel good about conflating the public hatefulness of Ted Cruz with a 14 year old girl hurting herself. We don't know anything other than a child is in pain and dealing with public attention will make healing that much harder. 

As somebody who has multiple family members with various levels of mental heath issues, this is Reason #1 why I will never have a firearm in the house. 

I hope his daughter is okay, and finds a path to thriving.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If she gets treatment then a few days after coming back home shoots his ass, she walks right?

Just hypothesizing and stuff. 

That would be a shame.  If that happened, he would receive my full allotment of thoughts and prayers.

• Hook 'Em 3

I fully suspect that Senator Warnock is among those who have reached out to Cruz. Honestly, there are some things he could learn from Warnock, who has custody of his two young kids. He talks to both every night, and has prayer time with them. He says they are his top priority. Watch and learn, Senator.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

As one of the longer-time left-leaning members of the board, I am annoyed by the constant chatter about showing decency to indecent people.  The right-wing hate machine had no problem making fun of Clinton's girl when in office, and then there was this somber 'kids are off limits' tone when Bush took office.  Eight years later, and there are right-wingers making fun of Obama's girls well into his second term.  Ted Cruz, a shitbag that has never shied away from making attacks is now the one with a family member in crisis, and people are bending over backward to tell us not to make fun of his daughter or their family.   

How about you take that self-righteousness and shove it up your ass.  I don't think I ever made fun of a politician's kid, and I always thought going after their family was sleazy in general, even their adult children until they injected themselves into the bullshit.  Those of us on the left continue to hear about the decorum while the other side chants "you lie!"   Yeah, there are extremists who might be gleeful about this but they don't represent me nor are they within my sphere of influence at this time.    Still to this day, the right continues to go after President Biden's only living son, simply to try to cause him as much pain as possible while the son just tries to live his life and deal with his own issues.    The next Democratic party candidate will have his or her kids made fun of especially if they occupy the White House by the next generation of right-wing assholes and there will be a few Glenn Beck types who regret it after the fact, but no one to stop them before causing the harm.   

So don't pretend to lecture us on what civility is. 

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

As one of the longer-time left-leaning members of the board, I am annoyed by the constant chatter about showing decency to indecent people.  The right-wing hate machine had no problem making fun of Clinton's girl when in office, and then there was this somber 'kids are off limits' tone when Bush took office.  Eight years later, and there are right-wingers making fun of Obama's girls well into his second term.  Ted Cruz, a shitbag that has never shied away from making attacks is now the one with a family member in crisis, and people are bending over backward to tell us not to make fun of his daughter or their family.   

How about you take that self-righteousness and shove it up your ass.  I don't think I ever made fun of a politician's kid, and I always thought going after their family was sleazy in general, even their adult children until they injected themselves into the bullshit.  Those of us on the left continue to hear about the decorum while the other side chants "you lie!"   Yeah, there are extremists who might be gleeful about this but they don't represent me nor are they within my sphere of influence at this time.    Still to this day, the right continues to go after President Biden's only living son, simply to try to cause him as much pain as possible while the son just tries to live his life and deal with his own issues.    The next Democratic party candidate will have his or her kids made fun of especially if they occupy the White House by the next generation of right-wing assholes and there will be a few Glenn Beck types who regret it after the fact, but no one to stop them before causing the harm.   

So don't pretend to lecture us on what civility is. 

This. No one has anything but sympathy and support for the young woman. Ted Cruz needs to be asked, every day, whether his rhetoric contributed to his daughter’s suicide attempt. Every fucking day.

if I ever see him on a plane, I won’t ask, I will accuse him of exactly that. And, his words have harmed far more kids than just his daughter. He deserves constant opprobrium.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More
  • Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

This. No one has anything but sympathy and support for the young woman. Ted Cruz needs to be asked every day whether his rhetoric contributed to his daughter’s suicide attempt. Every fucking day.

As someone who had a mom attempt suicide…  I don’t know anything about Ted as a father but he is a trash senator and a POS politically.  My mom was kicked out of her house in the 70s due to not following her strict Methodist rules. I wish the best for his daughter.  We can’t say it is due to him.  But it couldn’t have helped.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Have you been paying attention to what nonsense is said in the political arena these days? Stating that Cruz’s rhetoric contributed to his daughter’s suicide attempt might be the most truthful political statement made since 2015.

Yes I have been paying attention.  You can’t state this is directly on Ted Cruz. You nor I have any idea what happens in their house.  Yes he is a piece of shit as a public person anyone who follows politics should realize that. Kids have experiences. We don’t know if shitty Ted is direct result.  

as usual, I go to tex@gs for humor and per their collection of village idiots, cruz needs to move to Montgomery county. Harris county of libs that have nothing better to do than bully his daughter. good clean Red living up in Montgomery  

stumbled on another thread, I guess aggie was going to the nutcracker and worried to death about not being to conceal carry in the theatre. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roger Kint said:

You can’t state this is directly on Ted Cruz.

Not only can I say his rhetoric contributed to her attempt, I did say that. To believe otherwise ignores what it is to be human. “Didn’t help” sounds more like whitewashing deadbeat fathers and less a description of a demonizing demagogue whose targets included his own kid. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

as usual, I go to tex@gs for humor and per their collection of village idiots, cruz needs to move to Montgomery county. Harris county of libs that have nothing better to do than bully his daughter. good clean Red living up in Montgomery  

stumbled on another thread, I guess aggie was going to the nutcracker and worried to death about not being to conceal carry in the theatre. 

aggy-squeeze.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ah, yes, Poe's refuge from those villainous gays where none supposedly exist.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Can they take Mealer and all the Heights aggys with them to MoCo?  Considering they all whine and cry about "crime" and "libtards" but live in the loop. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Roger Kint said:

You can’t state this is directly on Ted Cruz. You nor I have any idea what happens in their house.  

This isn’t the Royal family. They live in the River Oaks area. His daughters go to St. John’s. I have a good friend whose daughter is friends with the younger sister. I’m sure there are people on this board who have seen them in social situations many times or even personally know the Cruzs. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

To be fair, I dont think there are many aggies in the Heights. At least not that many more than the two I know

Wut? The young childless aggys start there until they have kids and move to Cypress/Spring.  From my experience. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Cruz ain't going to slum it up with the thousandaires of Montgomery County.

• Haha 1

There's a fuck ton of Aggies in the Heights and Timbergrove/Oak Forest area. I'm shocked Greenspoint's "experience" is wrong. There's 2 on my street, and I inevitably see 3-4 aggie shirts every time I shop at the Heights HEB, which is about twice a week, because these twats can't help but announce their allegiance for the world to see on literally everything they own. Yard Flags, car adornments, and obviously most articles of their clothes. Is it like Katy and Cypress? No, of course not. Are there still a lot of them? Yeah.  

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a fuck ton of Aggies in the Heights and Timbergrove/Oak Forest area. I'm shocked Greenspoint's "experience" is wrong. There's 2 on my street, and I inevitably see 3-4 aggie shirts every time I shop at the Heights HEB, which is about twice a week, because these twats can't help but announce their allegiance for the world to see on literally everything they own. Yard Flags, car adornments, and obviously most articles of their clothes. Is it like Katy and Cypress? No, of course not. Are there still a lot of them? Yeah.  

My neighbor has a huge "Aggies for Buzbee" sticker on his trash can (fitting).  I see so many aggy flags on houses and car decals everywhere when I walk my dog around Shady Acres.  And yeah, the Heights HEB is aggy t-shirt city, especially if they win. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My neighbor has a huge "Aggies for Buzbee" sticker on his trash can (fitting).  I see so many aggy flags on houses and car decals everywhere when I walk my dog around Shady Acres.  And yeah, the Heights HEB is aggy t-shirt city, especially if they win. 

That's because you actually live in the Heights, and Greenspoint lives in one of his laughing gas containers. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's because you actually live in the Heights, and Greenspoint lives in one of his laughing gas containers. 

image.jpeg.a2af65cf82a87c7df032234970292465.jpeg

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

image.jpeg.a2af65cf82a87c7df032234970292465.jpeg

I guess there's one way to out yourself as a Historic Heights snob. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Heights

Houston Heights (often referred to simply as "The Heights") is a community in northwest-central Houston, Texas, United States. "The Heights" is often referred to colloquially to describe a larger collection of neighborhoods next to and including the actual Houston Heights. However, Houston Heights has its own history, distinct from Norhill and Woodland Heights.

Next you're going to tell me that EDGE isn't the same thing as a defensive end, or that soylent green isn't people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This isn’t the Royal family. They live in the River Oaks area. His daughters go to St. John’s. I have a good friend whose daughter is friends with the younger sister. I’m sure there are people on this board who have seen them in social situations many times or even personally know the Cruzs. 

If I ever run into Ted Cruz in public, EVERYONE will know.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1