Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Man , I wish American media would learn to hold Rafael’s feet to the fire like this.

They are more than likely to host a round table discussion about when is the right time to discuss gun reform.

7 hours ago, Gap03 said:

Why the fuck can't we get U.S. media to press GQP elected officials like this?  This was a breath of fresh air, even though Cruz ended up running away.  Our press needs to reveal these fuckers for the disingenuous sacks of shit that they are.

British media is awesome - I watch more BBC/Sky News than US stuff.  Their reporters love to make politicians uncomfortable as fuck and to put them on the spot.

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You realize those transplants coming from California aren't coming from the Blue areas, right? They're making the state redder. 

That's also the observation of this life-long Californian. 

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's a mix.  One of my close friends moved from Cali and is very left-leaning.  Of course, he's moving back to Cali in the fall after being disgusted at Texas politics so...

I had a former co-worker that moved to Texas because she was "sick of California politics". 

After about 12 months, she was sick of Texas weather, and hauled ass back to Orange County

On 5/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Gap03 said:

Why the fuck can't we get U.S. media to press GQP elected officials like this?  This was a breath of fresh air, even though Cruz ended up running away.  Our press needs to reveal these fuckers for the disingenuous sacks of shit that they are.

How do you think we know they're scumbags?

The news isn't very competent, but the nature of these cynical malignancies has been adequately reported so all can see 

Elected representatives conspired with the president, appointed defense ministers, and domestic terrorist groups to overthrow the last national election on live national TV. 

The truth is in plain view. The anti-republic "citizens" of this country are argument and message proof.

19 students and a teacher are savagely gunned down with a police audience. The GOPs parade out on national TV and praise law  enforcement, offer tearful t&ps, and propose "mental health" for everybody having lowered funding for same just days ago.

My friend, pressing Cruz on a gun issue is footnote to a footnote to the massively obvious deadly wickedness of the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, SydneyCarton said:

You realize those transplants coming from California aren't coming from the Blue areas, right? They're making the state redder. 

i swear i've either had this conversation or heard this same tale told 5x.  some red hat from texas will be like, "yeah, and this man moved his family here from california, and i was talking to him, expecting him to be a typical radical lib, and i was really shocked to learn the reason he came here, is because california was just too crazy liberal for him, isn't that something?"  one time it was from a friend of my mother so i tried not to roll my eyes too hard.

fox news would have you believe the republicans here are few and far between, and spend most of their days hiding out like jedi, fearing for their lives.  the truth is there are more trump voters here than any other state, and they're just as loud, and they suck just as much.  and when they get sick of the political leaders here, they look around and discover that of all states, texas suits their needs just fine.  let that sink in for a minute.  you have people moving to texas for their politics and their leaders.

• Rage+1 2

How do you think we know they're scumbags?
The news isn't very competent, but the nature of these cynical malignancies has been adequately reported so all can see 
Elected representatives conspired with the president, appointed defense ministers, and domestic terrorist groups to overthrow the last national election on live national TV. 
The truth is in plain view. The anti-republic "citizens" of this country are argument and message proof.
19 students and a teacher are savagely gunned down with a police audience. The GOPs parade out on national TV and praise law  enforcement, offer tearful t&ps, and propose "mental health" for everybody having lowered funding for same just days ago.
My friend, pressing Cruz on a gun issue is footnote to a footnote to the massively obvious deadly wickedness of the GOP.

Yeah. But it’s still doing something and doing something is better than nothing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Ted is a United States senator, a graduate of two Ivy-league schools, sends his two daughters to a private school that costs 36k per year per daughter, and a multimillionaire who is married to an executive at Goldman Sachs, so maybe he knows what he's talking about when he talks about elites in society. 

38 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ted is a United States senator, a graduate of two Ivy-league schools, sends his two daughters to a private school that costs 36k per year per daughter, and a multimillionaire who is married to an executive at Goldman Sachs, so maybe he knows what he's talking about when he talks about elites in society. 

He also has armed security that sits in a Lincoln Navigator in his driveway when he's home.

Washington Post: Sen. Ted Cruzwas one of several lawmakers who wrote to the Biden administration in September demanding an end to the embargo on Russian ammunition imports.  This letter came two weeks after the NRA wrote about the sanctions, calling them "overreach" and a "crusade against law-abiding gun owners."  Here's the article:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and more than two dozen House Republicans asked the Biden administration in September to lift sanctions on ammunitions imported from Russia, according to a letter obtained by The Early.

The group sent a letter dated Sept. 3 to Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen accusing the administration of using the sanctions as a means to enact gun control measures and arguing that it would exacerbate a shortage of ammunition.

“Wholesalers, retailers, small businesses, gun owners, and shooting sportsmen rely on ammunition imported from Russia and are rightfully concerned that this is an attempt at gun control,” the lawmakers wrote in the letter.

It was sent in response to sanctions imposed on Russia for the 2020 poisoning of Aleksey Navalny, a political foe of President Vladimir Putin, with the nerve agent Novichok.

“Your attempt at circumventing Congress and enacting gun control will not go unchecked,” the lawmakers wrote.

Two weeks before the letter was sent, the lobbying arm of the NRA wrote about the sanctions, calling it an “overreach” and “crusade against law-abiding gun owners” by the Biden administration. The letter mirrors the same points the NRA made in its article. The organization wrote that it is exploring all of its legislative, legal and policy options to block the policy.

Cruz and Rep. Michael Cloud (R-Texas) led the letter. It was also signed by Reps. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Lauren Boebert (D-Colo.), Scott Perry (R-Pa.) Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) and Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) and nearly two dozen other GOP lawmakers. It says that Russian ammunition consists of less than 1 percent of Russia's exports and have a “negligible effect” on Putin.

Cruz has been an outspoken critic of the administration in the lead up and its handling of Russia both before and after it's invasion of Ukraine, saying it must impose “devastating sanctions against Putin's interests.”

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Ehhh not cool fucking with the restaurant like that

Why? Cruz is a complete shitheel that is actively trying to kill our democracy. I would absolutely refuse service to him if he came into my place of business.

• Hook 'Em 6