Captain Picard is back

Michael Knight

Some more posts that aged poorly

On 8/14/2018 at 4:56 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Don't think they haven't considered giving him a series where he's a starship captain.

As much as people hated the character, the actor has a considerable geek/nerd following and has the self-promotion thing down.

And that Traveler stuff would easily play into a new series.

They did, and it sucked terrible.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:21 AM, Parliament said:

Will this show feature Wesley Crusher I hope?

See above.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:50 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

I take it Picard doesn't develop Irumodic Syndrome in this timeline. 

Oh do I have a surprise for you...

On 1/23/2020 at 8:48 PM, Parliament said:

It's a Hitchcock mystery thriller with a super-hero angle, movie-level production and just enough call-back to TNG, and no indication of a Barkley or Crusher.  Not sure what more we could hope for.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Post hasn't help up, as this Spock and his show are great.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yep, Peck was/is really damn good 

Yep, Strange New Worlds is the Andor of Star Trek, and I gladly eat my crow.  They absolutely nailed the spirit of the original series, and Spock/Number One/Pike were perfectly cast.

If it weren't for SNW and Lower Decks, I would have checked out of the Star Trek universe.

3 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

holy shit, moriarty??  And hopefully that is fucking Lore…  
Damn  that actually looks good.  Fucking pulling me back, even after those two abortion of seasons  

Terry Matalas said on Twitter you don’t have to watch season 1 and 2 to watch season 3. More evidence it will just be the 8 hour TNG movie we deserve 

• Drool 4

1 hour ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

holy shit, moriarty??  And hopefully that is fucking Lore…  
Damn  that actually looks good.  Fucking pulling me back, even after those two abortion of seasons  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Terry Matalas said on Twitter you don’t have to watch season 1 and 2 to watch season 3. More evidence it will just be the 8 hour TNG movie we deserve 

And please for the love of God don't.

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

https://www.redlettermedia.com/review/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-1-review

The Red Letter Media nerds film and tv critics had an interesting theory, that 

Hide contents

Beverly's "son" is a clone of Jack Crusher. 

Immediately what I thought. There's a reason they showed that person's name in the opening sequence. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

https://www.redlettermedia.com/review/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-1-review

The Red Letter Media nerds film and tv critics had an interesting theory, that 

Hide contents

Beverly's "son" is a clone of Jack Crusher. 

That theory or 

Spoiler

IVF with Jack’s frozen sperm

Are both better than the one theory being thrown out the most 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That theory or 

Hide contents

IVF with Jack’s frozen sperm

Are both better than the one theory being thrown out the most 

Spoiler

Potential spoiler below, even if you have seen the first episode. 

Spoiler

On the Picard wiki page, that actor is credited as playing Jack Crusher. 

12 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I think I'll go ahead and watch that.  I like what they're doing with Riker.  He's just a bit of a smartass.  Works for him.

Picard seems more Picard-ish too. I'm pretty sure Patrick Stewart was playing Patrick Stewart the first two seasons and not Jean-Luc Picard. 

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

I think I'll go ahead and watch that.  I like what they're doing with Riker.  He's just a bit of a smartass.  Works for him.

ETA

Seems Work is struggling with that whole pacifism thing.

I’m here for Pacifist Worf stabbing a Romulan through the chest 

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

An Abrams TNG set in the Kelvinverse.  Please for the love of everything holy, DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN.

Oh good, Abrams, the guy who wasn't a Star Trek fan but settled for it because he couldn't get Star Wars at the time, and because he's so fucking original, just used the same fucking Star Trek characters but fucked up their chemistry and sidelined Bones, kind of like how he just remade A New Hope into The Force Awakens.

I am really hoping the Abrams stuff goes away.  Paramount+ has kind of hit some pay dirt with Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks, and possibly Picard S3 (and apparently the kids Star Trek cartoon is popular with some).  Let's get Star Trek out of the movies. 

Just now, Sam Lin said:

The Ars article said they'd love to see a Star Trek: Riker series (with Frakes, not this Cavill shit. Put Cavill back in Witcher where he belongs!!)

I just want a Captain Rios show.  Fucking A, they brought Anson Mount in as Pike to Discovery and people loved him and a spinoff show was successful, the same could happen with a Rios series.  He's far. more interesting than anything else in Picard.

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Uh...Rios is dead.

I'm talking about like with Andor.  I'd love to see that era from the time that his captain committed suicide after killing the two Soong-type androids and Rios having to leave Star Fleet up until he met Picard, which is I think around 10 or 15 years.  Would like to see the shady/seedy side of the Star Trek universe that we've only caught glimpses of here and there.  We've caught glimpses of it in DS9, Picard, and Disco, and to a lesser extent other shows, but it would be cool.  edit: Would be very interesting, given that Picard made that claim that Rios had remained Star Fleet to the core even after he left and picked up an unregistered ship, etc.

Edited by atomheartbevo