Captain Picard is back

Michael Knight

20 hours ago, ultimaton said:

So Starfleet has been "compromised at the highest level" twice in as many years, and we are now on the third Star Trek show in a row to deal with Starfleet ships firing on each other because the fleet was networked together and then compromised. Da fuck?

A series delving into the rot/corruption of Starfleet would be interesting.

Kirk routinely had his shirt ripped, and had cuts and scrapes. He could take a punch.  Hell, Spock beat the shit out of him in Amok Time. 

No one could effectively incorporate the drop kick in their martial skills quite like James T! 

Can't remember a modern Captain that's taken a beating like Shaw. 

I was in HS during TNG's first run.  Fox had new eipsodes on Monday, and reruns the rest of the week.  EVERY night I'd watch. That means I saw most of the series 3 times before I graduated.  The closing credits music is etched in my soul.

ETA

Spoiler

That post-credit scene means we're geting ST: Legacy.  No way they'll leave us hanging.  No way.  

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I was in HS during TNG's first run.  Fox had new eipsodes on Monday, and reruns the rest of the week.  EVERY night I'd watch. That means I saw most of the series 3 times before I graduated.  The closing credits music is etched in my soul.

ETA

Hide contents

That post-credit scene means we're geting ST: Legacy.  No way they'll leave us hanging.  No way.  

Spoiler

There's no way we don't get ST Legacy.  Just no way. 

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

7 hours ago, Halohal said:

Would have paid money to see this last episode again at the movies. Truly enjoyed it. 

Just now, Parliament said:

They spared no expense on the cinematography.  It'd look real good on the big screen.

I heard the imax screenings were legit 

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't even imagine the nerdgasms that would take please in a full theater the first time the Enterprise D shows up. 

The borg queen wasn't quite as formidable this time. "Muahahaha, there is nothing you can do to stop us, Locutus!"... "What if I just unplug him and leave."... "Oh. Well I guess that would work. Shit."

What happened to the Enterprise E? The Worf joke made it seem like something already known. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I can't even imagine the nerdgasms that would take please in a full theater the first time the Enterprise D shows up. 

The borg queen wasn't quite as formidable this time. "Muahahaha, there is nothing you can do to stop us, Locutus!"... "What if I just unplug him and leave."... "Oh. Well I guess that would work. Shit."

What happened to the Enterprise E? The Worf joke made it seem like something already known. 

In an interview with Screen Rant, Terry Matalas definitively answered whether Worf saying "That was not my fault" in Star Trek: Picard season 3 means the Klingon succeeded Jean-Luc Picard as Captain of the USS Enterprise-E. Read his quote below:

Terry Matalas: It does. But I wanted to leave its exact fate open for someone to tell that story. It's more fun that way. Better left to the audience's imagination. What do you mean it wasn't his fault? Was it an accident? A mission gone wrong?! The possibilities are endless!

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And the crew of the Enterprise F?  Buncha swashbuckling cowboys?  Not even Kurtzman could fuck that up.

A couple of lesbian milfs and Picard's son? Hell yeah. 

I know the Enterprise D is old, but it sure seemed capable. Kind of surprised it went back to the museum to collect dust. 

42 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

No one has mentioned President Checkov yet. Nice touch naming him Anton Checkov. 

Yep, that was a good homage to the OG Chekov since he voiced it and Yelchin (RIP)

Also nice to hear Alice Krieg again as the Borg Queen (but someone else played her), and Majel Barrett as the computer.

Not sure why Riker missed hearing his mother in law’s voice so much. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, hornbri said:

Link in there led to this quote from Matalas last month

No, this was always Shaw's journey. But should there ever be a spin off - and let me be clear THERE IS NOTHING IN DEVELOPMENT AT PARAMOUNT - but should one day the stars align, there was a plan from Day One for Todd as Shaw to be a part of it. How, you ask? It's AMAZING. And that's all I will say. And every time Todd and I talk about it we get chills. And no it is not a cop-out. It's kinda incredible and moving and fresh, and I hope one day we get to do it.

Elnor probably died on the Excelsior

Spoiler

Finally, I need this.

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, Parliament said:

ETA

Hide contents

TNG was must watch TV for me in the 90s as well, as were the movies. Just wrapped up Picard. I started season one during Covid and never finished it because it was so bad. But I sucked it up and trudged thru seasons one and two recently. Season three was absolutely epic. All the feels, it was so well done. I sure hope they continue with Legacy. 

Edited by HiggyBaby

23 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

TNG was must watch TV for me in the 90s as well, as were the movies. Just wrapped up Picard. I started season one during Covid and never finished it because it was so bad. But I sucked it up and trudged thru seasons one and two recently. Season three was absolutely epic. All the feels, it was so well done. I sure hope they continue with Legacy. 

All of the talk of them merging with Peacock or selling the Star Trek IP to Warner Brothers has me really nervous that the ST coming out this year will be only ST we get in the near future.