Pro Wrestling

Lone Star Horn

Just now, Scraps said:
2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:
Lol did you talk to him at all?

No i don't like fucking with famous people in public generally. Plus i didn't want to get my ass kicked. He looked like he could easily take me even at 70 or whatever lol

I get it, but you didn't think he'd see you take his picture? Haha!

Spring Break 1990, went to Daytona. I'm pumping gas while other guys are inside buying beer and Kevin Sullivan is putting gas in his Cadillac right next to me. He can tell I recognized him and was pretty cool just said something like 'don't fuck up our beach ' in his thick Boston accent,  then says "Come over here kid" and shows off his passenger to me- Nancy Sullivan, later to be known as Nancy Benoit. And she was fine as fuck

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Seems like they have the better roster.

Re WWE, what happened to the pushes for Cesaro and Mcyintire?

Yeah Cesaro got wiped out when Cena came back for that 1 PPV. I think WWE is setting up a Reigns v Rock WM. So he's not losing the belt any time soon, which is sad, because he's not a good wrestler at all.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Yeah Cesaro got wiped out when Cena came back for that 1 PPV. I think WWE is setting up a Reigns v Rock WM. So he's not losing the belt any time soon, which is sad, because he's not a good wrestler at all.

I think the Roman heel flip has worked though.  He's over with the crowd.  Cesaro just isn't great on the mic and I guess you can say the same about Mcyintire

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I think the Roman heel flip has worked though.  He's over with the crowd.  Cesaro just isn't great on the mic and I guess you can say the same about Mcyintire

All true. But it doesn't help WWE that AEW has some of the best shit talkers in the game. I think my favorite promo of all time was the Lethal v. Flair Woo off when they were both in Impact wrestling.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 2:00 PM, TXSooner518 said:

Have 4 two-night Mania tickets in Sec 120 row 12.  $450 each for both nights, or $250 each for Sat or Sun only.  

Damn that’s a lot cheaper than I thought they would be for lower level.  I’m guessing 4 nights includes hall of fame?

Damn that’s a lot cheaper than I thought they would be for lower level.  I’m guessing 4 nights includes hall of fame?

It’s just two nights, Sat and Sun. They haven’t announced a HOF event. My strong guess, being in Dallas, is they will have a one-person class in Undertaker and have the induction actually happen at Mania which would make sense for Taker.

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

It’s just two nights, Sat and Sun. They haven’t announced a HOF event. My strong guess, being in Dallas, is they will have a one-person class in Undertaker and have the induction actually happen at Mania which would make sense for Taker.

Ah ok.  I read it wrong was thinking of last year where it was four nights total I think.  I’m sure they do a full class and announce it as Friday later. 

Ah ok.  I read it wrong was thinking of last year where it was four nights total I think.  I’m sure they do a full class and announce it as Friday later. 

Friday night is gonna be SmackDown. But they said tonight they will announce the full Mania week plan on Monday so we will know for sure.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Friday night is gonna be SmackDown. But they said tonight they will announce the full Mania week plan on Monday so we will know for sure.

Ah yea I haven’t watched much recently I forgot SmackDown is on Friday now.  You may be right then, doesn’t leave much room for Hall of Fame.  Two nights of mania  is a dumb idea to stick with.   

Edited by Hook1997

Ah yea I haven’t watched much recently I forgot SmackDown is on Friday now.  You may be right then, doesn’t leave much room for Hall of Fame.  Two nights of mania  is a dumb idea to stick with.   

I actually really prefer two nights. Lets you put two matches in a “main event” slot. But most important, four hours or so per night is a good length. I was at Mania 32 and 34 and the crowd just starts to die when it’s going five six seven hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony Khan is doing the same thing WCW did. Bringing in too much bloat. Keith Lee and Jay White made appearances last night. With only 5 championships, either they need more belts or need to let go of some of the lower card talent. I think they could really do something with a men's Trios Belt. I don't think there is enough women's talent for a tag team belt though.

Wasn’t going to do Wrestlmania with the boy (he’s 6) at first because of secondary market prices but found a code yesterday on SeatGeek that was buy one get one free. So found seats regularly $119 in the 300’s. So we’re both going for $142 and with decent seats.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn Cody Rhodes leaving AEW and in talks with WWE.  Evidently him and Tony Khan had a falling out and he didn’t get a percentage of the company or any type of control.  

That Stardust pop is going to be amazing

The rumor is Stone Cold will have his first match in 19 years at mania.  That will be the biggest pop in years when that glass breaks. 

Come on night one. I HATE the two nights for everything except I can take the boy to night 1 and not have to worry about school the next day.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/15/2022 at 12:09 PM, Hook1997 said:

Damn Cody Rhodes leaving AEW and in talks with WWE.  Evidently him and Tony Khan had a falling out and he didn’t get a percentage of the company or any type of control.  

Some of the info says that he wanted top guy pay, which is what Punk, Jericho, and Danielson are getting. Also wanted more booking power, which Tony didn't want to give him, since he doesn't want to turn heel. Apparently Brandi isn't well liked backstage, and she's not happy that Omega is controlling the women's division, he books it better than she ever could.

• Like 1

Cesaro's ( Claudio Castagnoli) contract with WWE has expired, he's free to sign with any promotion. No 90 day wait, since he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 

He could have some amazing matches with Punk, Danielson, Ishii, Okada, Omega. NJPW or AEW would make most sense if he wants big matches.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP bad guy, he had a rough life.  That killing a guy as a bouncer before he started wrestling in self defense really messed him up I think. (Guy tried to shoot him or something I think). Drinking with him and Nash back in the early 2000’s would have been a awesome time I bet.