Pro Wrestling

Lone Star Horn

On 3/17/2022 at 4:44 PM, cmontexas said:

Cant have a Mt rushmore of mic work without Piper 

I mean to me Hall is no where near the Mt Rushmore of promos…. Of charisma yea but promos no, his best promo ever was his hall of fame speech.  The early Razor promos are pretty bad looking back now they just seem like early 90’s cheesy.  When after that or back then did he ever carry a five minute promo like the Rock, Stone Cold, Rhodes, Flair, Foley, Jericho, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, hell Cena and Miz, he never really did.  Loved some Scott Hall but to call him a all time great on promos is crazy, I don’t think he’s on any top 20 lists of promo guys. 

Edited by Hook1997

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Was that a legit injury? Looked real on the replay here.

It is. That’s a stupid move for him to do. As an FMS trainer, I can tell you that doing that as often as he does it makes his knees a ticking time bomb. He’s gonna have to eliminate that “lift them off the ground from a low squatting position” shit from his arsenal immediately or else his future in that business will be very short.

• Like 1

What a long ass day! Boy had to pee super bad as soon as Stone Cold and KO started their actual match so we just bolted and beat the traffic out.

Sucks for Boogs. I’m a very casual follower of WWE but what little I’ve seen of he and Nakumora I’ve enjoyed.

just watched the stone cold kevin owens match.  how fun.  i've been out on this stuff for a few years now, but that was a fun trip down memory lane and definitely much more than i was expecting when i heard stone cold was gonna participate.  definitely much better than anything goldberg has done in the past 10 years or however long hes been cashing big paychecks for 2 minute squash matches.  guessing every person in that crowd enjoyed the shit out of that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

just watched the stone cold kevin owens match.  how fun.  i've been out on this stuff for a few years now, but that was a fun trip down memory lane and definitely much more than i was expecting when i heard stone cold was gonna participate.  definitely much better than anything goldberg has done in the past 10 years or however long hes been cashing big paychecks for 2 minute squash matches.  guessing every person in that crowd enjoyed the shit out of that.

Goldberg=Diet Ultimate Warrior

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Jshep34 said:

Looks like MJF may go route of Warrior and hold out for more $$ tonight. Still under contract till 2024

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I totally get his dissatisfaction right now. He's being booked horribly as the top heel in the company, but maybe he's just a dick backstage which is why they turned Jericho heel again.

He won the feud with Punk, yet AEW booked punk to win the title. AEW is starting to show a lot of WCW warts. Tony Khan is becoming a worse version of Bischoff. They have too many wrestlers and not enough titles to make worthy storylines and solid bookings. I am still waiting for AEW to bring in a Trios title, since they have so many stables right now. They need to belts on The House of Black.

On another note, I was listening to Fight Radio on my drive home from the gym, and Flair was promoting ED meds called Mt. Everest. I was slightly disappointed the company or pill wasn't called Space Mountain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Aew is getting away from what made them enjoyable. As you said to many stars not enough belts.

Totally. I just can't get excited about Punk being the champ, though I think they are going to turn him heel. I do wonder how many wrestlers are going to go to ROH once they get that promotion up and running. Could take some mid carders to thin the heard a little bit. ROH has 4 men's titles, so AEW really needs to add another belt.

But WWE is just awful with 3 move Roman going on a Goldberg run.

Edited by HtownHorn

Right now, he's the only thing worth watchin on either show.  AEW is bombing imo.  WWE needs WCW back.
Agree. Mjf is the best heel in buisness right now. Cody may have jumped ship at the perfect time

So Cody Rhodes wrestled at the ppv tonight with a torn peck and not a fast match, shit was like 30 minutes.  Haven’t watched much in a while but saw a bleacher report notification and decided to check it out. His whole side, chest, arm, rib area bruised to hell.  It was a very impressive performance with that limitation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So Cody Rhodes wrestled at the ppv tonight with a torn peck and not a fast match, shit was like 30 minutes.  Haven’t watched much in a while but saw a bleacher report notification and decided to check it out. His whole side, chest, arm, rib area bruised to hell.  It was a very impressive performance with that limitation. 

This was insane. Including taking a solid weight belt shot right across the chest. My brother had torn his pec and said literally every time he engaged that side of his body it felt like daggers. 

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Aew is really disappointing.  It’s kind of confusing and everyone looks the same.  I assume there’s a decent dean ambrose following here but I find him annoying and he shouldn’t be in the main event. 

Moxley's mannerisms annoy the shit out of me.  AEW has way way way too spot fests and stipulation matches.  They aren't capitalizing on any of the WWE guys coming in other than Punk (who isn't really a WWE guy since he retired for 9 years) and Danielson who can wrestle and draw anywhere.  Their women's division is unwatchable.  Wardlow and MJF are about all that is worth watching of the homegrown people.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Moxley's mannerisms annoy the shit out of me.  AEW has way way way too spot fests and stipulation matches.  They aren't capitalizing on any of the WWE guys coming in other than Punk (who isn't really a WWE guy since he retired for 9 years) and Danielson who can wrestle and draw anywhere.  Their women's division is unwatchable.  Wardlow and MJF are about all that is worth watching of the homegrown people.  

Right on on Ambrose.   The faces he makes and he kinda looks like a sweaty grouchy mechanic who listens to heavy metal and hates the world.  Womens division is awful compared to WWE and nothing about the show makes sense.  I also kind of don’t get Adam Page.  

A lot of cringey stuff.  Wardlow seems to be on Goldberg trek.   Mjf is the only redeeming quality

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Right on on Ambrose.   The faces he makes and he kinda looks like a sweaty grouchy mechanic who listens to heavy metal and hates the world.  Womens division is awful compared to WWE and nothing about the show makes sense.  I also kind of don’t get Adam Page.  

A lot of cringey stuff.  Wardlow seems to be on Goldberg trek.   Mjf is the only redeeming quality

Ya. Adam Page is a mystery.  He's clearly physically talented.  He just gets put in with the Dark Order, then he was a drunk, then he became champion somehow.  He puts on the same match every time.  Only thing different would be the order the moves occur.  

The whole roster is just so small.  Nobody feels like they could legit kick anyone's ass other than Miro and I guess Danielson.  Don't get me started on Orange Cassidy.

Also, Tony Khan is the biggest mark in history.

10 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Ya. Adam Page is a mystery.  He's clearly physically talented.  He just gets put in with the Dark Order, then he was a drunk, then he became champion somehow.  He puts on the same match every time.  Only thing different would be the order the moves occur.  

The whole roster is just so small.  Nobody feels like they could legit kick anyone's ass other than Miro and I guess Danielson.  Don't get me started on Orange Cassidy.

Also, Tony Khan is the biggest mark in history.

Good point on size:

Punk

Danielson

Page

Orielly

FTR

Fish

Cole

Y2J

Guevara

MJF

Young Bucks

All are pretty much under 6'1" and less than 220.  

I'm house sitting for my parents and turned the TV on and the Fox WWE thing was on. It's strangely entertaining. I've never watched any of this stuff but I get the appeal. I mean it's obviously silly but the physical choreography is pretty impressive. You can tell these dudes put a lot of work in to pull off what they do without injuring themselves. 

I will say the people watching in the crowd shots is pretty hilarious. 

Vince is likely done. Laurinaitis as well. As bad as AEW has been lately, WWE has been worse. Reigns signed a new contract to work 1/2 the time, but he is their main champ and heel. Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, and a plethora of other guys have the same story lines just with different wrestlers. The women's division is falling apart, Becky Lynch is no longer over, she needs to retire. Belair is the future of that division. Going to be interesting to see where Banks ends up. She would be a game changer for the AEW women's division.

If AEW puts their "interim" belt back on Moxley, they are making a huge mistake. I do like that AEW is adding another belt to the mix. They needed it. I also like their association with New Japan. That promotion has some really good talent. I have been impressed with Ospreay and Jai White.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i just discovered all the historical content available on peacock so randomly turned on a starrcade.  second match: is that triple h?  in wcw?  using damn near his real name?  immediately apparent how talented that guy was, even that early in his career.  wiki says vince watched that starrcade match and a few weeks later triple h was in wwf.