Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

20 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Back in July BTC touched 30k and I was like OK, I’m gonna get some at 30k, but that day I was tied up with something and then it took off and I never got any. At least I bought a little bit of ETH at 2k.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Almost everyone in crypto has fallen prey to either missing a buying opportunity that they meant to buy, or they're waiting for a low to hit that never does. I know a few people that targeted 10-12K when BTC hit 15K. I think they're still waiting and the money they would have saved would be inconsequential now.

My advice to anyone is that btc is more difficult to guess than any investment. If you think BTC is going to 100K, don't wait for a 10% correction. Buy some today. And hold some $ back to buy next month. 

The best time to buy BTC was 10 years ago. The second best time is today. 

26 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

hopefully btc can run sideways for a while and the money will pour into alts.  at least that's how i am loaded.

The typical way these runs go once BTC breaks highs is BTC run, Eth run, Alts run. Hopefully your alts hold up vs BTC and Eth before they go on their run. And hopefully you picked ones that go big. 

• Fuck You 1

Last time Bticoin breached the ATH, it ran from ~$40K to ~$60K.  If the pattern repeats, we can expect Bitcoin to run to 80 or 100 before it crashes again.  I try to pay attention to news about "bitcoin whales" moving Bitcoin onto the exchanges (to sell which will crash the market) but so far all I've seen is the opposite.  Whales are buying and removing bitcoin from the exchanges (last I saw).

9 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Last time Bticoin breached the ATH, it ran from ~$40K to ~$60K.  If the pattern repeats, we can expect Bitcoin to run to 80 or 100 before it crashes again.  I try to pay attention to news about "bitcoin whales" moving Bitcoin onto the exchanges (to sell which will crash the market) but so far all I've seen is the opposite.  Whales are buying and removing bitcoin from the exchanges (last I saw).

Actually it went from 20k-60k with a decent dump in between. 

yes everything I’ve seen from the onchain analysts says accumulation still happening. 

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

The typical way these runs go once BTC breaks highs is BTC run, Eth run, Alts run. Hopefully your alts hold up vs BTC and Eth before they go on their run. And hopefully you picked ones that go big. 

yep, mostly in sol, wluna, eth and picked up some ltc last week.  hopefully those run hard first and can snare some profit to put into alts that are starting their run.

So, tell me about BITO. It’s a futures-based BTC ETF, yes? Is it one of those things like the tripple-inverse SPY where you should only hold it short term? Would any of you assholes buy BITO long-term in your retirement accounts?

19 hours ago, XYZ said:

So, tell me about BITO. It’s a futures-based BTC ETF, yes? Is it one of those things like the tripple-inverse SPY where you should only hold it short term? Would any of you assholes buy BITO long-term in your retirement accounts?

I’m far from an expert on things like futures based etfs but I don’t and won’t own Bito. USO is the oil futures based etf and its performance have varied wildly at times from the cost of oil. I still think the best options for holding BTC in brokerage account that most closely track the price are gbtc and mstr.

GBTC-trust that is eventually a Cef currently trading at 18% discount to nav. The company that operates it has applied to convert it to etf. So that would put it at par. 2% fee is high but bearable if you’re catching 200% annualized. 

MSTR-the software company that holds over 100k BTC. Its debts and liabilities are known and the software business is pretty steady so it basically follows BTC price. 

I own both in tax free and taxable accounts. 

1. Nice try on Walmart. Fool me once two months ago with the fake press release.

2. The HFD pension is huge in my opinion. I can see every single pension fund, endowment, etc. having a 1-3% allocation. Would mean huge demand.

The Coinstar thing is interesting.  Won’t be long before a retail bank offers a debit card that rounds purchases to the next dollar and puts the difference in a Bitcoin / Ether wallet.  They already do it as passive savings into a traditional savings account, but that would be a gimmick that could drive young demographic business their way if it converted to Bitcoin or Ether. 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

yep, mostly in sol, wluna, eth and picked up some ltc last week.  hopefully those run hard first and can snare some profit to put into alts that are starting their run.

Except for my BTC ledger wallet I won't touch. It's my lockbox account I started back in 2017. I only add to it my 2nd largest holding is also SOL. Dumped 80% of my ETH 1.5 weeks ago and switched to SOL. I had probably 10% SOL in my shitcoin portfolio but now it's fucking 50%. It's a high risk move but I think it has more upside potential short and medium term than ETH. Other holdings in no order. CRV, FTM, SHIB, UNI, ETH. I have been already taking some profits off on a few of these and convert to BTC. I'm hoping for a huge alt run but won't be caught with my pants down. 

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

Except for my BTC ledger wallet I won't touch. It's my lockbox account I started back in 2017. I only add to it my 2nd largest holding is also SOL. Dumped 80% of my ETH 1.5 weeks ago and switched to SOL. I had probably 10% SOL in my shitcoin portfolio but now it's fucking 50%. It's a high risk move but I think it has more upside potential short and medium term than ETH. Other holdings in no order. CRV, FTM, SHIB, UNI, ETH. I have been already taking some profits off on a few of these and convert to BTC. I'm hoping for a huge alt run but won't be caught with my pants down. 

Tell me more why Solana is going to outperform ETH? I'm not being cynical but curious as to Solana. I've noticed it but know very little.

2 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

$SOL on a run for sure... $POLY has been letting me down. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tell me more why Solana is going to outperform ETH? I'm not being cynical but curious as to Solana. I've noticed it but know very little.

It is a competitor and I think the upside potential is more to pump. $469B market cap vs $65B market cap. Hopefully, this can help you understand. https://blog.accubits.com/solana-vs-ethereum-which-is-better/

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Beyond any technical reasons, I think there’s just psychology behind it. The people most excited about Eth were upset because they “missed” BTC. The people most excited about Solana are upset because they “missed” Eth. And so on. Especially in crypto people just are drawn to the shiny new thing. And because that can feed on itself then the new coins can pump harder. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

Beyond any technical reasons, I think there’s just psychology behind it. The people most excited about Eth were upset because they “missed” BTC. The people most excited about Solana are upset because they “missed” Eth. And so on. Especially in crypto people just are drawn to the shiny new thing. And because that can feed on itself then the new coins can pump harder. 

This.  none of this stuff is based off of technical capability or where it stands vs its competition, imo.  These alts will follow the pumping/dumping the whales do on BTC and sol seems to be one of the first coins that money flows into after that.  the % gain on sol *should* be better than BTC or ETH.  letting it ride for now.

I first bought some about 2 months ago to do sol nfts lol.  the gasless tx are pretty freaking awesome, but too much traffic and it gets wonky still.  but now it's the leader in the clubhouse % wise in my coinbase pro trading account.  Still holding way more ETH right now for nft flipping in other accounts though, but i generally don't convert that to fiat if i can help it.

3 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

This.  none of this stuff is based off of technical capability or where it stands vs its competition, imo.  These alts will follow the pumping/dumping the whales do on BTC and sol seems to be one of the first coins that money flows into after that.  the % gain on sol *should* be better than BTC or ETH.  letting it ride for now.

I first bought some about 2 months ago to do sol nfts lol.  the gasless tx are pretty freaking awesome, but too much traffic and it gets wonky still.  but now it's the leader in the clubhouse % wise in my coinbase pro trading account.  Still holding way more ETH right now for nft flipping in other accounts though, but i generally don't convert that to fiat if i can help it.

Yes, right now I am not necessarily buying off of TA and at good levels. I am looking at trend at hot newer projects. It's a gamble but I believe the newer ones will pump much more especially if they are in price discovery beyond ATH's.

A quick refresh/update on the equity side. 

After looking into the miners a bit last week I ended up buying some HUT calls last Thursday. It appears to have the juice and has been outperforming the price of bitcoin recently. The old favorite RIOT has been more muted on this move up than it was earlier in the year. I also bought some more gbtc in my 401k after selling out of a biotech stonk. I remain irresponsibly long BTC and some of its proxies. 

currently own BTC/gbtc, SI, MSTR and HUT. 

And for those who would like a less volatile name that should grow alongside BTC over the longer term I’d suggest looking into SQ. They’re obviously a big company and have multiple business lines but the ceos commitment to BTC means it will be incorporated in their growth plans long term. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

Fib extension is great. Primed for breakout above 55. Normally, I would wait for a correction off that retest of levels but these alts have been so bullish they have been ripping past them. 

COTIUSDT_2021-10-26_11-48-01.thumb.png.d1dc98cf1a1a5a79b46b2dba3423c49d.png

I'm in it hit my retracement target. Wish me luck! Also, SHIB, FTM, SOL are going to make me some BTC. Those damn coins have all at least 1x'd for me in a few weeks. Get on the train. Choo Choo! 🚂

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Does anyone own/mine Helium? HNT.

I had a call today with the VP of crypto mining for a company headed to the NASDAQ next year, he was telling me about it.

Was that the tech that allowed mobile device mining? If so, I remember that and always thought it is interesting.

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Dumped at 60k.  So you can count on a run to 80k at the least.  Overall I'm still up playing with fire but only matter of time before it keeps running and doesn't come back to my number. 

I actually expected a dump into the 50s before back up but it is bullish.

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I use CB Pro but don’t see SHIB on there.

what state are you in? I know a few states like NY ban a lot of the alts. It's on there. Use Kucoin though if you can. Much more access to countless alts. Here is my referral link if you want to sign up. I think I get something from this but it is so small unless youre a whale? If you're a whale please do it. 🤣

https://www.kucoin.com/ucenter/signup?rcode=7J5rNt

33 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

SHIB will overtake DOGE soon. Top 10 coin now. Wait until all those DOGE hodlrs realize what is happening and dump their meme coin for the new sexy meme coin.

Aren't DOGE hodlrs just Musk taint lickers?  Musk says he doesn't own SHIB.  They aint going to either.

44 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

SHIB will overtake DOGE soon. Top 10 coin now. Wait until all those DOGE hodlrs realize what is happening and dump their meme coin for the new sexy meme coin.

It's not gonna take long either.  Wouldn't be surprised to see SHIB hit $100bn.  And when that happens...

spacer.png

Edited by Trey3216

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It's not gonna take long either.  Wouldn't be surprised to see SHIB hit $100bn.  And when that happens...

spacer.png

This was hard to do in the middle of a massive pump but I'm up many X's and dont want to be greedy so I took off my original investment just now @.000064. It's all play SHIB $ now. 

1 minute ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

This was hard to do in the middle of a massive pump but I'm up many X's and dont want to be greedy so I took off my original investment just now. It's all play SHIB $ now. 

It's running like wildfire right now.  I can't even get into my CB Pro acct to do anything about it because it keeps having a site error message.