Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

On 8/16/2020 at 11:22 AM, SquishMitten said:

What does that mean? You can buy bitcoin with the machine? Or you can use bitcoin to buy the items in it?

I think to buy bitcoin from the machine.  I didn't look at it long but it wasn't a typical vending machine to buy products out of I know that.

27 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

There is a BitCoin machine near the GRB in Houston. It’s in the parking garage across the street from the GRB.

All of my coins are on a tear. Is this the beginning of another run? FOMO soon?

Yes. Probably have another year or so of gainz ahead. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, GRHorn said:

I’ve bot a handful more. Trade, Auc, Tob, Plt, Lid  

up 20-25% overall in BTC terms right now depending on when I log on. Stake and Mta best performers so far. All in good fun. 

Shitcoins pumping again. Have held pat. Up 35%+. A few have dumped. A few have done well. I’m mostly up on one pumping big time. Stake is a 6x so far. Not sure why it’s pumping although Vitalik did tweet about it after I had bought it. (Xdai) Had to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

If any of y’all managed to transact on uniswap, they airdropped 400 UNI tokens to every address that used it. You just have to claim them on uniswap. A governance token evidently that will be used to direct the protocol going forward. First traded for around $2. Now over $7 so about $3k out of nowhere now if you held. It’s already in the top 30 overall by market cap. 

• Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, GRHorn said:

Onward and upward. 

This is an interesting narrative to follow. Will Capital substantially move from gold if BTC continues to outperform it as an inflation hedge?

Maybe. There is a limited amount of capital you can hold as BTC. That's not really true of gold. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Took about 16 hours from hitting 17 to go above 18.  The all time high of 20k seems within reach. Also given the Bitcoin in circulation growth over the last 2-3 years, the market cap passes an all time high as well.

Them all the smart fucks who allegedly sold at 20k will say they have a fuckload

19k this morning. 

The float is decreasing every single day. 

Still holding 95% BTC 5% eth and the shitcoins I’ve talked about. I’m down about 10% on those relative to BTC. 

Long a fuckton of GBTC and bitcoin miners Riot and Mara in the 401k. I don’t really care about the business of mining, but they trade essentially as BTC options. High beta. 

2021 is going to be an incredible year. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

19k this morning. 

The float is decreasing every single day. 

Still holding 95% BTC 5% eth and the shitcoins I’ve talked about. I’m down about 10% on those relative to BTC. 

Long a fuckton of GBTC and bitcoin miners Riot and Mara in the 401k. I don’t really care about the business of mining, but they trade essentially as BTC options. High beta. 

2021 is going to be an incredible year. 

Just come to post that I saw it popped 19k.  My breakdown is 80-10-10 at the moment.

grayscale is interesting that they’re bought (and continuing) a massive # of bitcoins. 2-3% of all bitcoins. I believe you have to be an accredited investor in the US to buy into grayscale. A simple question is what happens if everyone is allowed to purchase into their and other’s funds? That could be a few years off after individual buyers and accredited investors have made another 5x. Or not.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just come to post that I saw it popped 19k.  My breakdown is 80-10-10 at the moment.

grayscale is interesting that they’re bought (and continuing) a massive # of bitcoins. 2-3% of all bitcoins. I believe you have to be an accredited investor in the US to buy into grayscale. A simple question is what happens if everyone is allowed to purchase into their and other’s funds? That could be a few years off after individual buyers and accredited investors have made another 5x. Or not.

In theory a Bitcoin ETF would make their products obsolete but the SEC hasn’t been open to it. Maybe new personnel there starting next year will look at it differently. For now I will accept no ETF as it is what’s leading to the GBTC premium.

I also heard an interesting discussion about how hedge fund trading around and arbing that premium is the main reason BTC lending rates are so high on places like BlockFi. 

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just come to post that I saw it popped 19k

I asked Siri what the price was yesterday, and thought she made a mistake. 

This feels like its been a lot quieter than a few holidays ago when it made the 20k run.  I got out at the last 11k point (avg price base 8k), was waiting for it to back dip down 8k again... which never happened.

26 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

This feels like its been a lot quieter than a few holidays ago when it made the 20k run.  I got out at the last 11k point (avg price base 8k), was waiting for it to back dip down 8k again... which never happened.

There are many signs that it's still not a bad time to get in. Maybe you missed out on some profits but everyone can say that about any investment. Personally I've tried to stay out of trying to profit of short term trading as it bounces around so much. Instead I'm just slowing buying more btc.

After XRP jumped so high over the weekend, I decided to sell XRP to BTC to lock in the XRP profit. But even then I only sold about 1/4 of my XRP in case it continued to go up, which it has. I had some decent success, not always the most optimal, with rarely getting out of a coin. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

This thread partially explains why it’s seemed quieter, but is more substantial.  

11 minutes ago, Zwylde said:

Anyone tried buying through Paypal yet?

I didn't realize they had turned that on.  Fired up the paypal app to buy .005245 BTC for $100.  Very simple and almost exactly the same as the Square Cash app functionality.

Major downside is that you do not appear to be able to send it anywhere. Buy, hold and sell are the limits at the moment. But I'm not that worried about Paypal running off with my $100 worth of BTC.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't realize they had turned that on.  Fired up the paypal app to buy .005245 BTC for $100.  Very simple and almost exactly the same as the Square Cash app functionality.

Major downside is that you do not appear to be able to send it anywhere. Buy, hold and sell are the limits at the moment. But I'm not that worried about Paypal running off with my $100 worth of BTC.

They are not allowing withdrawals yet. Supposedly their legal and compliance teams still need to sign off on allowing that.