Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

it’s the SEC and MSM’s media’s fault that your make believe world of crypto is down 95% this year. 

Who said that? Not me. It’s mostly the Fed’s fault.

But the media characterization of FTX saga is laughable. Motives can be debated elsewhere since it’s upsetting. 

Plenty of fine media coverage of this long before last week. 

Matt Levine works for… checks notes… Bloomberg. 

news sources that have done a good job of covering it: Slate, Puck News, Pivot podcast (produced by New York Magazine), Bloomberg. 

“The mainstream media just doesn’t understand an on chain credit card that triples your yield farming rate into your cold storage, Hong Kong based, self-custodied, blockchain, permission-less wallet. NGMI”

9 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

It’s mostly the Fed’s fault.

It’s your own fucking fault. And any other fool that put their money in this. Take some goddamned responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It’s your own fucking fault. And any other fool that put their money in this. Take some goddamned responsibility. 

Are you high?

You insinuated that I said it’s the sec or MSM’s fault the cryptocurrency space is down big this year. I never did. I clarified that it’s largely the Fed’s fault that it’s down. I didn’t make it go down. What on Earth are you smoking?

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

“The mainstream media just doesn’t understand an on chain credit card that triples your yield farming rate into your cold storage, Hong Kong based, self-custodied, blockchain, permission-less wallet. NGMI”

I’ve never advocated for any of those things. You keep confusing me with other people you’ve interacted with online. I advocate for buying bitcoin and taking it into self custody. That’s it. 

44 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I believe when they are calling her a darling of the alt-right it means as a punching bag for the alt-right not because she herself is alt-right.

This isn't actually the way it was portrayed in the article but the one paragraph in the article about the "alt-right" defending her was such shoddy journalism it's actually funnier that it made it's way into the headline.

4 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

You insinuated that I said it’s the sec or MSM’s fault the cryptocurrency space is down big this year. I never did. I clarified that it’s largely the Fed’s fault that it’s down. I didn’t make it go down. What on Earth are you smoking?

you’ve posted about 14 links about “how dumb the MSM is covering crypto” in the last week. Let’s get Brian Armstrong’s take on how everyone besides him is a dumbass. 

you know who didn’t understand crypto?

Everyone of these VC firms. 

image.thumb.png.be6b0a71d8901c078fbf023a6fbbfea5.png

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

you’ve posted about 14 links about “how dumb the MSM is covering crypto” in the last week. Let’s get Brian Armstrong’s take on how everyone besides him is a dumbass. 

you know who didn’t understand crypto?

Everyone of these VC firms. 

image.thumb.png.be6b0a71d8901c078fbf023a6fbbfea5.png

I think some got scammed. Some may have realized it was a scam but thought they could profit before it blew up. Thus the zero due diligence. Plausible deniability.  

As for the media coverage since the blowup, anything that isn’t focusing on how it’s a straight up fraud has either been dumb, or had an agenda. Take your pick. 

10 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Is it me or are tensions running just a tad higher in this thread than 6 months ago?

I guess insolvency does tend to create added stress.

Fuck around and find out applies to all aspects of life.  Like me and stonks.  I just had no illusions that they are a store of money or something to fight the Fed with.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Is it me or are tensions running just a tad higher in this thread than 6 months ago?

I guess insolvency does tend to create added stress.

I think it’s a good sign we’re near a bottom. Nocoiners feeling themselves so they come in to do some dunking. It’s the opposite of what happens at the top when the pumpers are all over the place.

It’s my second full cycle so I can take my lumps, but I’m not going to be thrown in with stuff I never supported and in fact talked shit about.  

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

The preferred term when pointing out media nonsense is hellscape. Please keep up. 

Who is that you think first used that word in this thread?

54 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Plenty of fine media coverage of this long before last week. 

Matt Levine works for… checks notes… Bloomberg. 

news sources that have done a good job of covering it: Slate, Puck News, Pivot podcast (produced by New York Magazine), Bloomberg. 

+rep for Matt Levine. 

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

👋 i referenced that people were predicting fire and brimstone on twitter. 

did people not call for its doom — or was that a strawman of my invention?

I have no idea. But I wouldn't be surprised if Twitter crumbles. But I don't really view that as fire and brimstone, at least not for anything that isn't Twitter. Just like I don't view the collapse of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies generally as apocalyptic. The world doesn't need them and will get along just fine (nay, better I say) without them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I have no idea. But I wouldn't be surprised if Twitter crumbles. But I don't really view that as fire and brimstone, at least not for anything that isn't Twitter. Just like I don't view the collapse of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies generally as apocalyptic. The world doesn't need them and will get along just fine (nay, better I say) without them. 

Many people were decrying its *imminent* disintegration. And they still are.

If your prediction is not that extreme, then my personal opinion is youve got a measured take. Which is not to deny all the wolf-crying out there, of which there is a mountain of receipts i could pull out from the shaggy thread alone. 

17 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Consider the possibility one’s definition of alt-right may be overbroad and, in fact, shitheads like Mencius Moldbug are in fact the alt-right that all free thinkers should abhor. 

I laugh at the fact what the authors felt was alt-right support amounted to "i went on a reddit forum and someone said something".

22 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

Alt-right darling huh?

I’ve not seen her categorized as anything like that online. And I’m there quite a bit. 

Apparently she posted lots of insane shit on her Tumblr blog. 

https://news.yahoo.com/tumblr-blog-linked-ex-alameda-234427813.html

Now, details from a blog linked to Ellison have begun to shed light on the former Alameda CEO’s personal beliefs and world philosophy—one shaped by hardline views on polyamory and sexual competition, a fascination with race science, and a belief in the natural synergy between crypto and fraud.

The Tumblr account, active from 2014 until its deletion Sunday, went by the name of “Fake Charity Nerd Girl” and the handle “worldoptimization.” The personal details revealed by the account’s author over its eight years of activity—including educational history, professional history, and living history—match up perfectly with Ellison’s biography. Further, when the account’s author announced they opened a Twitter account in March 2021, they linked to Ellison’s Twitter page, which was created the same month.

The account’s author consistently displayed a fascination with sex and power dynamics. In another post, the author said that two key qualities of a “cute boy” are “controlling most major world governments” and possessing “sufficient strength to physically overpower you.”

The Ellison-linked account also demonstrated a substantial preoccupation with “hbd” or “human biodiversity,” an online euphemism for the discredited fields of race science and eugenics popularized by the alt-right.

Tldr: crazy chick that's into polyamory and being a harem member also strongly believes in hierarchical supremacy and uses the same dog whistles around """human biodiversity""" that circulate texags and the chan's. 

It took me about 2 seconds of googling to find ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I can’t believe that everything besides btc and eth didn’t drop to 0 last week after the FTX Ponzi came out. All of these scammers/shitcoins are interconnected. 

No kidding.  Somebody is going to get stuck with a bunch of worthless shit.  Fortunately it will be easily disposed of because it doesn’t even exist.  You won’t be able to wallpaper your bathroom with the worthless paper because there ain’t none.  just poof!  Gone.

I've developed 2 theories, and I mighta mentioned this above:

1) There has been zero blowback onto the stock market from the collapse.  Tells me the crypto world never overlapped much with reality.

2) Of course the crypto world was "seeded" with real money...and that money is gone.  We took real money and made it disappear.  Isn't that just a bit anti-inflationary?  Isn't that good?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1) There has been zero blowback onto the stock market from the collapse.  Tells me the crypto world never overlapped much with reality.
2) Of course the crypto world was "seeded" with real money...and that money is gone.  We took real money and made it disappear.  Isn't that just a bit anti-inflationary?  Isn't that good?

I gotta say, I’m at least amused by the clever play here. Well done.

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

There has been zero blowback onto the stock market from the collapse.  Tells me the crypto world never overlapped much with reality.

Anyone involved in standard markets is aware of this.   Crypto bros are not just pro crypto they are anti all other assets accept NFTs, Lambos and Rolex.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, midtown said:

Anyone involved in standard markets is aware of this.   Crypto bros are not just pro crypto they are anti all other assets accept NFTs, Lambos and Rolex.

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

Nailed it.  If anyone is able to get money out of this debacle, they’ll need to put it somewhere.  More lambos?  GME?

Can we start up a surly crypto?  Seems easy.  We just make up a name, and start cranking it out.

Some press releases about how its the next greatest thing - better than the last one.  

When some idiots come along and want in - we jack the price and trickle some volume out.

Then, when we get some real action, we dump and use the cash to buy a condo in the bahamas and pay some football players.

Did I miss a step?

I propose we call it "Gig em coin."  I've got an idea about where we might find customers.

Edited by CoTex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Can we start up a surly crypto?  Seems easy.  We just make up a name, and start cranking it out.

Some press releases about how its the next greatest thing - better than the last one.  

When some idiots come along and want in - we jack the price and trickle some volume out.

Then, when we get some real action, we dump and use the cash to buy a condo in the bahamas and pay some football players.

Did I miss a step?

I propose we call it "Gig em coin."  I've got an idea about where we might find customers.

Looch would work for Gigem Coin. 

I hate to break it to you, but Austin/UT has wayyyy more crypto going on than aggy.