Fantasy Football Keeper/Draft Questions

MoJames

so i have the #1 pick in a non-ppr draft today.  i had made the decision it would be bell for me, weeks ago.  now i don't feel like i can pull that trigger.
so - the obvious pick should be to take gurley.  but am i overthinking this here by thinking, when was the last time a guy finished a season as the clear #1 (gurley here), went in to the next season as the clear #1 or at worst #2 (gurley here), and actually finished that season as #1 or #2?   emmitt smith?  ladanian tomlinson?  and therefore odds are, it likely wont happen with gurley this year either (especially considering he was a complete bist 2 years ago) and maybe i should buck the conventional wisdom and take d. johnson, kamara, maybe even fournette?  or go with the initial gut instinct and take bell  and hope he gets to top form quickly like he did last year?  or just stop play it safe and take gurley
what would you all do in this spot and why

It’s non-PPR, so basically any of the top 4 are fine.

Gurley
Zeke/DJ
Bell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I actually drafted Dez in the last round but dropped him right when McKinnon went down. Even if Dez does sign, he will still be a couple of weeks away from playing

So you dropped Dez to pick up a SanFran handcuff(  not judging, just asking because you're correct about Dez being delayed.)

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

It's not often I make the right decision.  In fact, it's fucking rare.

But for once, I made the right decision to take Gurley over Bell.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24587466/leveon-bell-agent-pittsburgh-steelers-rb-protect-long-term-value

that makes my decision earlier.  thank god for late drafts.  feel kinda bad for the folks who already have drafted and have bell (but then, i have mckinnon on one of my teams, so it happens all over).

Any thoughts on my flex spot? I’m leaning Landry.

So week 1 flex, standard league. Who do I throw in there?

J. Landry
M. Goodwin
N.Agholor

I have Marlon Mack as well but obviously he’s a week 1 ? mark.

Is K. Rudolph or R. Mathews better than any of the above? They’re available for pick up.

After today, I don’t expect Bell any time soon. 

"Le'Veon has several years left in football; we know his days in Pittsburgh are precarious at best; we also know how he's been utilized in the past by the Steelers organization," Bakari told NFL Live.

"That's nothing to say negative about the Steelers. They had one of the best players to play the position and they used him heavily for the production he can provide, but in doing so, you take away from his future years."

I use fantasy pros.
Regarding Bell, he's not going to sit out all year.  But he's not going to show up on time either.  He'll be there Saturday at noon which is when he technically needs to be there so he gets paid.
Bell is going to get destroyed his first hand off for a loss of 5. That -.5 could be crucial come the end of the week so consider that

Our draft was Monday night and i had the #2 pick. Elliot went first so i had a choice and i chose poorly choosing Bell instead of Gurley. I'm not happy about that.

So, i pretty much have to start Matt Breida and hope Morris sucks big donkey dick for the Niners. 

8 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Standard league, need one:

Marvin Jones vs NYJ

Juju @ CLE

Crabtree vs BUF

0.5PPR, need one:

Royce Freeman vs SEA

Brandin Cooks @ OAK

Corey Davis @ MIA

And, finally, my shittastic QB situation, ugh.... 

Mahomes @ LAC

Mariota @ MIA

JuJu

Freeman

Mariota

On 9/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, Auto Driller said:

A guy in my league has been hounding me for Ajayi during the preseason. Is this a sell high opportunity or do you think he’s going to continue putting up solid numbers? The proposed trade was Tyreek Hill for Ajayi.

Bet that trade ain’t on the table anymore. 

I wanted Tyreek Hill bad this year and took him in the 2nd round in a 12 man league.  Lots of my buddies were telling me I reached for him.  I've got a big grin right now.  Also got Ajayi in the 5th round.  I don't know how he fell that far to me.  He's the clear feature back on a playoff team.  Don't know why people thought Sproles would start when he hasn't been a feature back in the last 5 years.  

Drafted Goodwin in the 6th round and it's looking like a bust with his constant injury history.  Going to need to look for some sleepers on the waiver wire as my bench sucks dick.

Things I learned this weekend as I barely cross 60 pts:

-Cleveland D is apparently legit, and on my bench.
-New Orleans D not so much, good thing I started them.
-Fournette, Collins, Kelce, Fitzgerald all picked a fantastic time to shit the bed.
-I only have any points at all because of Rogers and Tucker

3 hours ago, Bartles said:

Yeah, Ajayi has value but Tyreek is a monster. The Eagles also like to prove Sproles is capable of scoring goal-to-go rushing TDs, and when Wentz comes back he'll be able to sneak from the 1. I doubt Ajayi has many weeks like this.

Wentz won't be sneaking much coming back from two torn ligaments. Pederson himself has said he would like to get Ajayi more carries going forward. He will have other big weeks, but that dude ain't trading Tyreek now anyway. 

I have Olsen.  News right now is that he will not go on IR, but holy fuck dude is glassier than Romo.

We have Jesse James, Will Dissly, and Ben Watson all available... I pick 3rd, so I will get one of these guys.

Cameron Brate...he flashed glimpses last year.  Might take a flier on him if he passes waivers.

• 4 weeks later...