Unite The Right 2

Bozo_Casanova

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Actually, attacking them has caused most of them to go into hiding so they look even more pathetic than they already are when they gear up to have these "huge rallies" only to have 3 dozen show up.

I still say its more about being outed and losing their jobs.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

If only you actually agreed with what you just wrote:

58005d3a1a00006e145b969f.jpeg?cache=0djf

CpnluvqWYAAl_NG.jpg?resize=740,493

jim-acosta-yelled-at.jpg

But you don't.

No I do. 

You realize what started the entire Acosta chant at that rally right?  CNN reported a greatly reduced number of attendees on air.  They confronted Acosta because the entire arena was full and there were people waiting outside.  CNN had run with a number about half of what the capacity was for the arena...and they got called out for their lies.  

Rightfully so. 

Just like they try and make leftist crowds seem bigger...remember the islamics against violence 'protest' that CNN helped to stage & shot to make it look like it was enormous when it was like 15 people?  Google both of these. 

CNN is FAKE NEWS...they're PR for the DNC.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Actually, attacking them has caused most of them to go into hiding so they look even more pathetic than they already are when they gear up to have these "huge rallies" only to have 3 dozen show up. 

I'd rather see my enemies out in the open...where sunlight can disinfect them than having them in the darkness of the corners where they go unchecked. 

I've said for the past 14 months...the real way to deal with them is to ignore, or individually chastise them...not confront them with an angry mob.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, this said:

Both of them are diseases. 

Antifa is more like a mild fever whereas Nazis are brain cancer. While both of them could and would cause problems, in no way is one like the other. 

You and Trump need to stop with your false equivalencies.  

Yea...communist  / anarchists have never been a problem. 

I think there are 100,000,000 people that probably disagree with that...but they're in mass graves so I'm not expecting them to chime in here anytime soon.  

No.  Last year they came out en masse because they thought they were going to bully those around them, just like their Cheeto Jeebus.  But bullies don't like the taste of their own blood.  As can be seen by how few came out this last time.  

You can't appease Nazis.  Chamberlain out front shoulda toldja. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Linda Sarsour is one of the main leaders of the Women's March group.  She's pro-sharia law...and just a really vile woman...but the left embraces her. 

Kinda like Farrakhan 

Oh shit.  Antifa and Sarsour in the same thread.  Now all we need is Soros and we will have a Right Wing Boogeyman Bingo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

No I do. 

You realize what started the entire Acosta chant at that rally right?  CNN reported a greatly reduced number of attendees on air.  They confronted Acosta because the entire arena was full and there were people waiting outside.  CNN had run with a number about half of what the capacity was for the arena...and they got called out for their lies.  

Rightfully so. 

Just like they try and make leftist crowds seem bigger...remember the islamics against violence 'protest' that CNN helped to stage & shot to make it look like it was enormous when it was like 15 people?  Google both of these. 

CNN is FAKE NEWS...they're PR for the DNC.  

Why are you saying you actually believe what you said? You said an angry mob is an angry mob.

Then you spend multiple paragraphs defending an angry mob that you agree with.

You're a clown, man. As for crying about getting negged, get used to it. I already explained this to you. You're a clown and a troll, it's not going to stop. Why don't you ask Republican posters like OnBoard, slorch, Incredulity, etc. how many times I've negged them? You have joined a list occupied only by trolls such as the Alphabet Troll (who at least had an interesting shtick) and Sooners.

28 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Linda Sarsour is one of the main leaders of the Women's March group.  She's pro-sharia law...and just a really vile woman...but the left embraces her. 

Kinda like Farrakhan 

You're asserting as fact something that is not evidently true. In other words, you're lying.

The women's march attracted approximately 1% of the population to participate. Louis Farrakhan has even less support than that (the NOI claims to have a membership base of around 50,000 at most). Incidentally, that march and the NOI isn't even 100% supportive of those fucking people.

You're beyond naive if you think "the left," which is just a clunky phrase that you use to label anything you don't like, is limited to those who "embrace" these people. Like I said, the shit you're spewing here is regurgitations of fantasies derived straight from the Land of Make Believe and Pretend, and you're sitting there patting yourself on the back as if you've been making good points. You're not making any good points, and you are absolutely wrong about absolutely everything that you've asserted here, which is par for the course.

Edited by hpslugga

23 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Kinda like Farrakhan 

First of all, one unelected activist does not represent the "left."  Second, link to her supporting the imposition of Sharia Law?

34 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Rightfully so. 

32 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

I'd rather see my enemies out in the open...where sunlight can disinfect them than having them in the darkness of the corners where they go unchecked. 

I've said for the past 14 months...the real way to deal with them is to ignore, or individually chastise them...not confront them with an angry mob.  

LOL, 2 fucking minutes apart.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why are you saying you actually believe what you said? You said an angry mob is an angry mob.

Then you spend multiple paragraphs defending an angry mob that you agree with.

You're a clown, man. As for crying about getting negged, get used to it. I already explained this to you. You're a clown and a troll, it's not going to stop. Why don't you ask Republican posters like OnBoard, slorch, Incredulity, etc. how many times I've negged them? You have joined a list occupied only by trolls such as the Alphabet Troll (who at least had an interesting shtick) and Sooners.

Just having you neg me means I know you care......

44 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

That's always a dangerous tactic.  It's how we got OBL.  It's how the left is supporting islam & it's disgusting behaviors like Sharia law. 

The difference is when the Antifa or radical islamics use the naïve left as 'enemies of their enemies'...they'll have no problem turning on you.

You think the radical islamics won't throw hella woke leftist gays off buildings?  LOL  Keep dreaming. 

*its. Possessive pronouns don't have apostrophes. "It's" is the contraction for "it is" or "it has."

Sharia law isn't a behavior.

"Islamics" is not a term for followers of Islam. The term you're looking for is "Muslim," though if you are trying to specifically reference a fundamentalist subset of Muslims, "Islamist" would work. Note that "Islamist" refers to a subset, which means a group of Muslims that is less than all Muslims. "Islamics" could refer to the study of Islam, but I think most people simply use "Islamic studies."

Honestly, these are things you probably should've learned by the time you went to college, and certainly by the time you graduated.

• Like 1

I really do not care who Linda Sarsour is or am I looking to defend her in anyway but since it is being used to paint me, as a lefty, on her "side", I'll provide this:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/25/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour/

Basically she was advocating that Muslims in America follow Sharia Law, not anyone of other faiths to be required to follow it. So it basically equates to a President or political figure stating this is a Christian country and that all should live to Christian values. Oh wait, no it doesn't. Yet no one complains about others advocating everyone in America live under Christian Law.

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Yet no one complains about others advocating everyone in America live under Christian Law.

In fact, some actually believe that we already do. There are people, even in high profile positions in the media (Glen Beck), who believe that the Constitution was "divinely inspired" and "based on the Ten Commandments."

Edited by hpslugga

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I really do not care who Linda Sarsour is or am I looking to defend her in any way but since it is being used to paint me, as a lefty, on her "side", I'll provide this:

Basically she was advocating that Muslims in America follow Sharia Law, not anyone of other faiths to be required to follow it. So it basically equates to a President or political figure stating this is a Christian country and that all should live to Christian values. Oh wait, no it doesn't. Yet no one complains about others advocating everyone in America live under Christian Law.

*don't know why this double posted and I can't delete. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

On 8/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, Newdoc said:

I get the counter protest but I think it would be more awesome if " unite the right" just marched down the street and no one payed attention, no news cameras were there and the march just ended with this impotent whimper of the alt-right deciding where to get a hot dog.  There is no better counter protest than to make a group feel like they are completely irrelevant.

tenor.gif?itemid=4712195

On 8/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, Orca of Peace said:

CNN and FOX have covered this non event of smelly anarchists and nazi losers for the entire day.  99.999% of the population doesn't give a shit. 

Both are POS networks. 

CNN used to be respectable, but they are anti-DOTUS 24/7. We get it, you hate him and his ilk. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4832414

It's fine to ignore Nazis when there are a dozen of them and they're marching with a heavy police presence. When they turn out in numbers like they did in Charlottesville, were chanting Nazi shit in front of a synagogue, and committing violence, then it's time for decent people to do something about it.  

Also, I didn't hear any of these Confederate flag and statue loving bitches saying a god-damned thing against the Nazis when all that shit happened.  Seems like most of their energy was focused on hating Antifa and defending Trump's response.  If it really were about heritage and remembering history, then you'd think they'd really not want to taint their cause by having it associated with fascists.  

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

LOL, 2 fucking minutes apart.   

No one assaulted Acosta...if you want to chant at someone...go ahead. 

Those people didn't assemble to got attack CNN.  They went for a Trump rally...that CNN decided to try and spin and got called out for it. 

But if you want to equate cutting up 55 gallon drums into gay ass shields, putting on your black sweat suit and going out to 'counter protest' go for it. 

Up until the point where Acosta and CNN lied on air there wasn't any problem.  Hell, Acosta was taking pics with the crowd.  And the 'angry mob' was simply chanting 'fake news' or something.  LOL...totally the same.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

It's fine to ignore Nazis when there are a dozen of them and they're marching with a heavy police presence. When they turn out in numbers like they did in Charlottesville, were chanting Nazi shit in front of a synagogue, and committing violence, then it's time for decent people to do something about it.  

Also, I didn't hear any of these Confederate flag and statue loving bitches saying a god-damned thing against the Nazis when all that shit happened.  Seems like most of their energy was focused on hating Antifa and defending Trump's response.  If it really were about heritage and remembering history, then you'd think they'd really not want to taint their cause by having it associated with fascists.   

No...that means the cops step in. 

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

That's always a dangerous tactic.  It's how we got OBL.  It's how the left is supporting islam & it's disgusting behaviors like Sharia law. 

The difference is when the Antifa or radical islamics use the naïve left as 'enemies of their enemies'...they'll have no problem turning on you.

You think the radical islamics won't throw hella woke leftist gays off buildings?  LOL  Keep dreaming. 

Wait are you saying Islam is disgusting or just the fundamentalist sharia stuff? Do you think Christianity is also disgusting in general or just their fundamentalist version of “christian sharia”? 

5 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I really do not care who Linda Sarsour is or am I looking to defend her in anyway but since it is being used to paint me, as a lefty, on her "side", I'll provide this:

Well since you know so much about Sharia and islam...you know that its not really something that lines up with Western values or freedoms...and in any Islamic countries it's not exactly 'voluntary'.  

You'll probably want to do some more Sharia research.  Here's a few fun aspects of Sharia. 

Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped. - That'll be super popular.  😂

Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives. - Why wouldn't someone who supports this be right at home with a bunch of pussy hat wearing feminists???  🙄

Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed. - That's not going to be a problem for leftist progressives.  In a group that wants people fired or kicked out of college for using the wrong 'preferred pronouns' 😂  Keep your eyes up kids...we're in a Sharia neighborhood where gays mysteriously fly off buildings.  

Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death. - Sure to be a leftist fan favorite here on Surly! 

Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non—Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself. - That won't be a problem...I'm sure people of this mindset will totally not try to enforce that.  

Islam orders apostates to be killed. - Great news...if you want to leave...we've got to kill ya.  

The left's hatred of Christianity & their shortsighted 'enemy of my enemy' policy has lead them into defending something entirely contradictory to any of their beliefs. 

Heck...you just did. 

• Fuck You 6

24 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Well since you know so much about Sharia and islam...you know that its not really something that lines up with Western values or freedoms...and in any Islamic countries it's not exactly 'voluntary'.  

You'll probably want to do some more Sharia research.  Here's a few fun aspects of Sharia. 

Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped. - That'll be super popular.  😂

Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives. - Why wouldn't someone who supports this be right at home with a bunch of pussy hat wearing feminists???  🙄

Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed. - That's not going to be a problem for leftist progressives.  In a group that wants people fired or kicked out of college for using the wrong 'preferred pronouns' 😂  Keep your eyes up kids...we're in a Sharia neighborhood where gays mysteriously fly off buildings.  

Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death. - Sure to be a leftist fan favorite here on Surly! 

Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non—Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself. - That won't be a problem...I'm sure people of this mindset will totally not try to enforce that.  

Islam orders apostates to be killed. - Great news...if you want to leave...we've got to kill ya.  

The left's hatred of Christianity & their shortsighted 'enemy of my enemy' policy has lead them into defending something entirely contradictory to any of their beliefs. 

Heck...you just did. 

Have you read the Bible?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Heck...you just did. 

Where is this obsession with sharia law coming from? Is there some sort of push at the legislative level to implement it?

As a gay man, I’m waaay more worried about what the Christians in Congress and the Texas leg will pass as law to disenfranchise me and my family. 

Oh and pssst, the Bible is just as violent as the Koran. 

Edited by SubliminalHorn

37 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Heck...you just did. 

02-early_years.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, you remember the big obvious activity that a dog would also notice. All you knew of the political situation was what your dad told you. You were 10.

There literally are Hispanic white supremacists, so there's no need for the quotation marks.

All those people with 1488 and SS tattoos waving Nazi flags aren't Nazis? They're, uh.... concerned patriots?

ANTIFA is far less appalling than the Nazis.

- They don't kill people.

- They don't advocate genocide.

- They are far more representative of actual local populations (ANTIFA groups are primarily locals defending their cities and towns while the parade of Nazis are primarily brought in from out of state).

- They are not an actual political movement seeking authority and power (they are explicitly and openly anti-authority).

- They are beating the Nazis and making them cry online.

10 year olds are notoriously excellent at deciphering political movements.

Yep. I remember back in ‘83 and going fishing with my grandad and we started talking about Antifa, fascism and political movements. Good times. Don’t we all? 

10 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

*its. Possessive pronouns don't have apostrophes. "It's" is the contraction for "it is" or "it has."

Sharia law isn't a behavior.

"Islamics" is not a term for followers of Islam. The term you're looking for is "Muslim," though if you are trying to specifically reference a fundamentalist subset of Muslims, "Islamist" would work. Note that "Islamist" refers to a subset, which means a group of Muslims that is less than all Muslims. "Islamics" could refer to the study of Islam, but I think most people simply use "Islamic studies."

Honestly, these are things you probably should've learned by the time you went to college, and certainly by the time you graduated.

You're wrong lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Heck...you just did. 

First, I'm not defending Sharia. I'm an atheist and believe all religions to be an outdated form of governance. I am however disputing your claim that that woman wants the ISIS level of Sharia to take over American society, and that that could even be a realistic scenario in the first place. Furthermore, that that woman is some brilliant counter example to justifying the actions of the alt-right. 

And since you are so afraid of the horrible tenants of Islam, let's remind you of the Christian "values" supposedly our country was founded:

- “I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12) - there goes our public school system. 

-“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18) - ah yes, the good ol days of America

-"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22) - I'm sure your personal favorite rule in the bible

- "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again." (Exodus 21: 7-8) - why Sharia when Christianity can bring the greatest hits?

-"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28) - well fuck

-Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19 - we are all sinners

And we can go on and on and on. And you will somehow try to justify these tenants as needing greater context into the word of God. And then we will all try to explain to you that that same thought process could be applied to all religions, including Islam. But you SHOULD get the point. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Boom, roasted.

The ignorant among us who shriek about Sharia Law always conveniently ignore the less popular and more controversial aspects of what a Christian Theocracy includes.

Put yer weenie roasting stick down. Old testament  vs. New Testament teachings (and I'm not defending  Christianities many transgressions against people). 

Islam has not had that change, and too many adherents (SEE: The Middle East, Africa) subscribe to the old school theocratic (Mohamaedist) calls for murder of infidels, and Jews, subjugation of women, and all the other vile parts that keeps people under the thumbs of a religion that uses murder as a tool to control it's adherents.

Sharia law is incompatible with western philosophy, govt, and civilization in too many of its tenets.

• Like 1