La Liga 2018-19

MoJames

36 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Jesus fuck sticks - so not only do we get fewer Champions League games on TNT but we still are going to have to deal with Stuart Holden.  

And is that Steve Nash in between him and Howard?

Dunno watching a stream from England.

No idea.  I have been on what was supposed to be an hour long call that started at two, so I haven't had the volume on.  

I was just surprised as hell when I saw his face and was trying to figure out who the hell it was, since there was no possible way they would have an ex-NBA player commenting on top flight soccer.

Costa with the equalizer. 2-2  I am assuming Simeone is still serving a European ban from the Arsenal tie last year - right? 

Pulling Casemiro really flipped the game. Atletico was able to dominate the last portion of the second half and the overtime. 

This might be a wake-up call to Perez. The players that came in, sans Modric, are nowhere near the depth needed for a team that wants to compete in multiple competitions. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read an ESPN article comparing Valverde & Solari in the lead up to this week’s Copa del Rey Clasico matchup. It referenced Vinicius (sp?) and so I looked up a video of his recent play. 

I watched a Bein Sports highlight of him crossing the ball from the left side to the right winger in the middle third, followed by him receiving a return cross in the box (when the defender whiffed on the ball) and then a calm finish by Vinicius, who basically passed the ball well inside the far post. 

But the GLARING LOWLIGHT of the highlight was how fucking annoying that Bein color announcer is. I’ve only listened to him salivate over Messi’s balls, and that is just painful to listen to, but I was hoping that his shtick was reserved solely for Messi, but apparently no.

/Rant

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I read an ESPN article comparing Valverde & Solari in the lead up to this week’s Copa del Rey Clasico matchup. It referenced Vinicius (sp?) and so I looked up a video of his recent play. 

I watched a Bein Sports highlight of him crossing the ball from the left side to the right winger in the middle third, followed by him receiving a return cross in the box (when the defender whiffed on the ball) and then a calm finish by Vinicius, who basically passed the ball well inside the far post. 

But the GLARING LOWLIGHT of the highlight was how fucking annoying that Bein color announcer is. I’ve only listened to him salivate over Messi’s balls, and that is just painful to listen to, but I was hoping that his shtick was reserved solely for Messi, but apparently no.

/Rant

You mean Ray Hudson? 

Vinicius Jr. is going to be great.

• 2 weeks later...

So i dont keep up with liga much but was searching on the internet and was shocked to see how bad barcelona has owned real over the last 30 years

Since 1990/91 barca has won it 15 times(16 soon) and real madrid 8

Figured real was the big dog but they just own the past...and champions league though

I am just glad that I adjusted my expectations for the season back in September. This team can't compete with the big teams, that's clear. I am expecting a very exciting Summer. Haven't had one since Bale/Isco arrived.

Edited by JNip