• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those watching Federer's struggles on clay nowadays... remember that in his prime he was much, much better on the surface. Among the best in the game.

2004 ATP Masters 1000 @ Hamburg (F)

2005 ATP Masters 1000 @ Hamburg (SF)

2009 French Open @ Roland Garros (SF)

Previous page has his Madrid Open highlights as well. Madrid and Hamburg were Federer's best surfaces, due to the lower bounce @ higher altitudes putting the ball in his strike zone more often.

Edited by satyanash

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Not that it was really a great venue but I think it's bummer that they moved the Miami tournament from Crandon Park.

The courts at Crandon Park were waaaaay too slow. It's already hot and humid enough in Key Biscayne without subjecting players to constant long, grinding rallies on a lifeless surface.

The new venue's courts felt a lot faster, they definitely suit Federer more at least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The man is just out of this world good. 

It's such a privilege watching these guys play.

I continuously have arguments with one of my best friends who says that the Big 3's continued success is bad for tennis. What it boils down to is he wants more parity and they obviously get in the way of that.

I care more about the product on the court, and recognize that what we're watching from these guys will never be seen again in my lifetime. I'm happy to sacrifice predictability for the pleasure and honor of seeing Fed, Rafa, and Nole go after one another.

Sunday should be interesting. Nole has looked beatable, but I don't think I'd bet against him, as much as I want Fed to win.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...