UTSA Roadrunners

Chico_SA

I didn't see a "tell me about" thread (thankfully) and avoided starting one. 

I gave up my UT season tickets and started with UTSA when the program started.  My group was having kids, the daylong investment into driving up to Austin was harder, and we started enjoying UT games in the AC on TV.  I've really  enjoyed being able to go to the Alamodome for games.  We are locked in on the 45 yard line about 20 rows up.  It's been a solid experience so far. We have a decent tailgate crowd and some dedicated fans. But we need to start winning and getting to bowl games so we can get attendance back up.

Tough schedule this year (for CUSA)  and we have lots of questions on Offense, and with new DC.  But its a fun home schedule(for UTSA) . Hopefully we can surprise ASU and their new coach : ) I couldn't make it up to Waco last year but I hope we can win again at home.  I expect to  continue kicking Texas State's ass. 

Sept 1st  at Arizona State

Sept 8th  BAYLOR

Sept 15th at Kansas State

Sept 22nd TEXAS STATE

Sept 29th UTEP

Oct 6th at Rice

Oct 13th LOUISIANA TECH

Oct 20th at Southern Miss

Nov 3rd at UAB

Nov 10th FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Nov 17th at Marshall

Nov 24th NORTH TEXAS 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I'll drop this here:

I'm usually no degenerate gambler so can someone tell me what this means? Does he have UTSA as damn near 20 pt dogs to ASU? I might have to put some money down on if that's the case. 

Edited by TankedBevo

3 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I'm usually no degenerate gambler so can someone tell me what this means? Does he have UTSA as damn near 20 pt dogs to ASU? I might have to put some money down on if that's the case. 

I'm not much of an expert in this field either... But this might help, (I left off the https//, as to keep the video from loading): www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RBdtiDw09A...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 2:14 PM, Longboard Horn said:

I have a couple of friends that attend UTSA. Game day experience is solid!

Necro reply. Tailgating experience is solid. Game production inside the dome is a piece of shit. If you enjoy constant commercial gimmicks during every time out, then you will enjoy it. And we won't discuss their new "cannon" and come and take it flag.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, relapse98 said:

Necro reply. Tailgating experience is solid. Game production inside the dome is a piece of shit. If you enjoy constant commercial gimmicks during every time out, then you will enjoy it. And we won't discuss their new "cannon" and come and take it flag.

You mean these?

920x920.jpg DpVWtA2VsAEb1J9.jpg

9 hours ago, Blanton said:

Fuck it, it’s fitting for a scummy and up coming program. 

Hell of a lot better than that fucking TCU horn, tech bell, and aggy’s cannon thing anything whatsoever.

Yeah.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, I'll appreciate anything at all that UTSA does, the cheesier the better.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 7:40 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Might as well keep the money within the system.  I'm kind of disappointed utsa didn't get at least one home game out of the deal.

Yeah me too. Seems like a no brainer to give UTSA one home game in the Alamodome to accommodate Texas fans living in SA. Texas plays at Rice on occasion including this year to give Texas fans in Houston a game to attend.

Edited by perfectchaos007

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah me too. Seems like a no brainer to give UTSA one home game in the Alamodome to accommodate Texas fans living in SA. Texas plays at Rice on occasion including this year to give Texas fans in Houston a game to attend.

66k seats in Alamodome is just too small a stadium for the Longhorns when a little over an hour away DKR holds 100k....  🤘

• 2 months later...

UTSA to open up vs LSU in 2020 on Sept 5th.  I think this is old news, but I missed it. Would be a hell of an 8 days between Baton Rouge and New Orleans if I could swing it. But that isn't likely.  We were already planning to go the the Texas game on the 12th. 

• 3 months later...