UTSA Roadrunners

Chico_SA

Not only can Traylor coach. He is by every measure that I've heard or seen an absolutely class dude and we all know he can recruit. At some point UTSA isn't going to be able to compete with a big budge school. Then again some people simply aren't motivated by money

• Hook 'Em 2

I think he’ll give it a go in the AAC.  It was discussed on the radio here that with the playoffs expanding and allowing G5 teams in he has a better path building up UTSA vs going to a middle of the road P5 team.  Basically going 10-2 or 11-1 every year in the AAC is better than going 8-4 or 7-5 at a school like Texas tech or missippi state.  
guess it just depends if he cares about making money over winning.  

Not only can Traylor coach. He is by every measure that I've heard or seen an absolutely class dude and we all know he can recruit. At some point UTSA isn't going to be able to compete with a big budge school. Then again some people simply aren't motivated by money

I know a bunch of people that know the guy and love him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think he’ll give it a go in the AAC.  It was discussed on the radio here that with the playoffs expanding and allowing G5 teams in he has a better path building up UTSA vs going to a middle of the road P5 team.  Basically going 10-2 or 11-1 every year in the AAC is better than going 8-4 or 7-5 at a school like Texas tech or missippi state.  
guess it just depends if he cares about making money over winning.  

Yeah, Traylor needs to win against better in conference competition -- Conference USA is terrible this year. 

Screenshot_2022-12-03-10-26-19_kindlephoto-58122708.png.dd9b93e0bdb2b210ae42dca20d18f3e9.png

Looks like UTSA will be in AAC for the 2023 season ??

"UTSA To Join AAC In 2023"

UTSA Athletics intends to make their move to the American Athletic Conference on July 1, 2023, Athletic Director Lisa Campos said in a statement on Friday.

The news came after the conference announced earlier in the day that Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF had reached an agreement for those schools to exit the league and join the Big 12 Conference in the summer of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/utsa/Article/UTSA-Athletics-intends-to-join-the-AAC-in-2023-188587378/

11 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Ah yes, Bexar County/SAPD law enforcement. Always prioritizing the most hardened criminals. 

Fuck every single one of them. 

Ok, but know nothing like this happens unless city council/managers make it happen. And we currently have a city council member under investigation for hit and run that most certainly was dwi that will never be prosecuted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, Traylor needs to win against better in conference competition -- Conference USA is terrible this year. 

Screenshot_2022-12-03-10-26-19_kindlephoto-58122708.png.dd9b93e0bdb2b210ae42dca20d18f3e9.png

Looks like UTSA will be in AAC for the 2023 season ??

"UTSA To Join AAC In 2023"

UTSA Athletics intends to make their move to the American Athletic Conference on July 1, 2023, Athletic Director Lisa Campos said in a statement on Friday.

The news came after the conference announced earlier in the day that Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF had reached an agreement for those schools to exit the league and join the Big 12 Conference in the summer of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/utsa/Article/UTSA-Athletics-intends-to-join-the-AAC-in-2023-188587378/

That kind of worries me, especially if Frank Harris leaves.  Utsa often struggled Against cusa teams.  Undefeated is undefeated but they needed several late comebacks to get the wins.  Struggled against utep a week ago, barely beat army.  

12 hours ago, ScottS said:

Clearly UTSA and Coach Traylor are running from Florida Atlantic and Coach Tom Herman.   (I assume FAU is not also transitioning to the AAC.  I have not kept up with who is going where when it comes to the non-power 5 conferences.) 

Nope... UTSA will face Herman/FAU in AAC

The Roadrunners are making the move with Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, and UAB. These six programs will join existing members: SMU, Tulsa, East Carolina, Temple, Memphis, Navy, South Florida and Tulane. This will form a 14-team league for football with Wichita State is also playing in the AAC in basketball and other Olympic sports. 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Nope... UTSA will face Herman/FAU in AAC

The Roadrunners are making the move with Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, and UAB. These six programs will join existing members: SMU, Tulsa, East Carolina, Temple, Memphis, Navy, South Florida and Tulane. This will form a 14-team league for football with Wichita State is also playing in the AAC in basketball and other Olympic sports. 

Well there you have it.  I guess UTSA and Coach Traylor will just have to figure out how to deal with the impending FAU dynasty led by Coach Herman.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:00 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

That kind of worries me, especially if Frank Harris leaves.  Utsa often struggled Against cusa teams.  Undefeated is undefeated but they needed several late comebacks to get the wins.  Struggled against utep a week ago, barely beat army.  

Dafuq? Remember when VY had to go all godmode to beat Okie state? Remember when TCU went to the playoffs after needing miraculous comebacks to go undefeated in the regular season? Plenty of seasons look messy, but it's the record that people remember. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:14 PM, Eggo said:

Dafuq? Remember when VY had to go all godmode to beat Okie state? Remember when TCU went to the playoffs after needing miraculous comebacks to go undefeated in the regular season? Plenty of seasons look messy, but it's the record that people remember. 

Sure, like I said a win is a win. Just worried that there will be a slight increase in talent in AAC.  Those close wins might turn into close losses.  

Everyone saying utsa can't play against tougher competition have short memories of the game they gave UT and other power 5 schools. Could they do a whole season p5? Probably not but I don't think they are outclassed

I don’t think they’d be a bowl team in the Big 12, but they’d have won a couple games. They don’t have the horses on defense to keep up with the better offenses in the league, but with Harris I think they could probably win a couple between ISU, WVU, KU, and what OSU became down the stretch; maybe even Baylor and OU, though those two are more long shots.

4 hours ago, Welch said:

I find it interesting that they mentioned who will be in attendance. Judges and big UTSA donors including NIL donors?  Maybe there announcing more NIL initiatives.  One can hope. 

Edited by Chico_SA

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

UTSA getting screwed.

How did Troy get the ball at the UTSA 20 after the interception?  I missed that part.  

Just now, elfenix said:

this has been some interesting officiating

The game's officiating crew, from the Mountain West Conference, was led by referee Christian Watson and umpire Ian Malepleai.