UTSA Roadrunners

Chico_SA

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So this probably means no bowl bid for us right? North Texas pushes us out of a slot with their sixth win. We now need Kansas to beat WVU.

Go KU I guess. I didn’t know it came down to north Texas but clearly traylor had it in for us 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

UAB physicality wounded UTSA last week

North Texas put UTSA in the "Sleeper Hold" and they tapped out...  😋

They’d been flirting with losses a few times.  Played like shit against southern miss.  Needed a miracle to beat uab. A loss was inevitable, Surprised they got blown out though.  

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I get that. I’m just not sure how that’s similar to Traylor’s resume. 

Yeah it omits the whole "built and maintained a HS dynasty right in the middle of our prime recruiting area" and "is a proven rainmaker at a the highest level" and c'mon, UTSA and UH are not comparable. One has a past as a perennial top 20 team and is year-in, year-out a top mid-major (on a tier barely below Cincinnati and Louisville) in a city brimming over with local recruits, while the other has almost no history and is in a mediocre recruiting area on the edge of a wasteland. 

One guy's players seem to really love that coach, as does the entire university, while the other is a dick. 

I hate this broad-brush thinking as if certain bullet points define people, and especially after one bad loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah it omits the whole "built and maintained a HS dynasty right in the middle of our prime recruiting area" and "is a proven rainmaker at a the highest level" and c'mon, UTSA and UH are not comparable. One has a past as a perennial top 20 team and is year-in, year-out a top mid-major (on a tier barely below Cincinnati and Louisville) in a city brimming over with local recruits, while the other has almost no history and is in a mediocre recruiting area on the edge of a wasteland. 

One guy's players seem to really love that coach, as does the entire university, while the other is a dick. 

I hate this broad-brush thinking as if certain bullet points define people, and especially after one bad loss.

matthew bingo GIF

Wow!  Coaching duties once again forced me to miss the game tonight, but I managed to record it and watch it without knowing the outcome. Seems like the Alamodome was loud once again. Love it! I hope we can finish off with a Bowl win, but what a great season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

Wow!  Coaching duties once again forced me to miss the game tonight, but I managed to record it and watch it without knowing the outcome. Seems like the Alamodome was loud once again. Love it! I hope we can finish off with a Bowl win, but what a great season. 

that was a big crowd 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, midtown said:

For the life of me why horns down from utsa? Were not rivals at all and in anyway. Be better than that. I love watching and rooting for UTSA except when they play Texas of course.

And it's UT-SA. They're kinda part of the family. She must be one of the asshole cousins that don't get invited to anything.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

And it's UT-SA. They're kinda part of the family. She must be one of the asshole cousins that don't get invited to anything.

It’s kids that got rejected from UT or didn’t make CAP minimum at UTSA. You see, it’s  the flagship university’s fault they are not disciplined and/or smart enough to get into UT-Austin. Thus, horns down.

4 hours ago, Newdoc said:

It’s kids that got rejected from UT or didn’t make CAP minimum at UTSA. You see, it’s  the flagship university’s fault they are not disciplined and/or smart enough to get into UT-Austin. Thus, horns down.

More likely it's just the large number of kids who grew up as aggy/tech/baylor/whatever fans but went to UTSA for various reasons instead.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

UTSA has won more conference titles than UT since 2010
UTSA didn't have a football program until 2011

Congrats Roadrunners!

Fun fact---the UT System features 4 universities with intercollegiate football teams (UTEP, UTSA, UT-Austin, & UT-PB which is NCAA Div. II). 

Three of those system schools made a bowl game this year.  UT-PB played in the D-II Heritage Bowl yesterday, UTEP is heading to the New Mexico Bowl, and UTSA to the Frisco Bowl.  Hard to believe the only one not going bowling is the one that spends more money on football than the other three spend on their entire athletics budgets combined.  THESE ARE THE DAYS!  

But seriously---congrats to UTSA.  

• 2 weeks later...