UTSA Roadrunners

Chico_SA

Future non-conference opponents[edit]

Announced schedules as of October 13, 2021.[41]

2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032
Houston at Houston New Mexico State at Texas A&M at Texas State Texas State at Texas State Texas State at Texas State Texas State at Air Force
at Army Texas State at Texas State Texas State at Texas at UNLV at Texas at New Mexico State at Texas at Army  
at Texas Army at Texas at New Mexico State New Mexico State   Air Force        
Texas Southern at Tennessee Houston Baptist                

I knew Texas played the Roadrunners next year, but I guess I didn't get the memo that we play them 5 times over the next 9 years. 

There's probably a 50-50 chance that Jeff Traylor will  be the UT coach in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 3

If the Horns and UTSA were to meet on a neutral field next week, what do you think the line would be (not necessarily what you think the line SHOULD be)? Which side would you take?

My guess is something along the lines of Horns -14 maybe as much as -17.  at those numbers, I'd probably still take the horns, but it wouldn’t be for a large bet.   

55 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If the Horns and UTSA were to meet on a neutral field next week, what do you think the line would be (not necessarily what you think the line SHOULD be)? Which side would you take?

My guess is something along the lines of Horns -14 maybe as much as -17.  at those numbers, I'd probably still take the horns, but it wouldn’t be for a large bet.   

Similar line to when we played ULaLa week 1. 

On 10/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, 0xdeadbeef said:

I forgot we were playing them next year.....

This looks nice: a game we will not be favored in followed by one that we are expected to win.  

image.png.b854968d8f99cf66216e53c3002b0a85.png

We beat Bama and then forget that we have to actually play the game again UTSA.  That screams trap game. 

If we have a large halftime lead in either game, we'll still likely lose. Or maybe Sark uses year two to teach the team about the second half?

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

And this article...

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/10/11/aac-football-realignment-mapping-out-new-conference/4/ 

AAC football realignment: Mapping out the potential new-look conference

A realigned C-USA would be heavy on teams from Texas, Louisiana

SMU, Louisiana, UTSA, and Louisiana Tech would headline the new-look Conference-USA.

These teams have been to a combined 40 bowl games and have made appearances in the Top 25 rankings (save for UTSA).

Other teams that would comprise C-USA would be UTEP, North Texas, Rice, Tulsa, UL-Monroe, Texas State, and basketball only UT–Arlington.

Seven of the teams in this reimagined Conference-USA would hail from Texas, three from Louisiana, and one from Oklahoma. That doesn’t sound like a wide geographic footprint, but it is when you consider how expansive the state of Texas is. Texas-El Paso would have a very long trip to face Louisiana-Monroe.

This configuration will be a tough sell for the Sun Belt and the American Conferences to approve. Surely those two conferences would like some semblance of representation in the football hotbeds of Texas and Louisiana.

It will be interesting to see what the actual proposal is for a regionalized Sun Belt, American, and Conference-USA.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, redswingline said:

You could have told me they moved to conference USA and I wouldn't have been the wiser.

CUSA, AAC,MAC they are all the same caliber to me.

Do you even Power 6 bro?  Actual AAC down marker:

power-6-logo-during-the-game-against-the

Edited by WBT

10 hours ago, midtown said:

Utsa is fun to watch... Mostly because they win and Traylor has these kids absolutely bought in.

I say he has 2-3 more years at UTSA. He's destined for a P5 program. Especially one that wants to recruit Texas

Shit there may be a team desperate enough to hire him this off season.  Question will be if Traylor wants to chase the money or not.  He could chase the money at a P5 school and possibly flame out in 3 years or he could stay 15 years and a get a statue by the train tracks next to the Alamodome. 

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Hillside hand jobs for everyone!

tenor.gif  

Give that Fan a Hand... Job

By Norman Rose@ECoastBias  Sep 8, 2008, 

Most bizarre email this weekend: "During The UTEP/UT game they cut to fans sitting on nearby rocks watching the game. They focused on a guy and girl who was giving said guy a hand job. Bob Davies says, "Looks like they’re having a good time." Circled it with telestrator."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Shit there may be a team desperate enough to hire him this off season.  Question will be if Traylor wants to chase the money or not.  He could chase the money at a P5 school and possibly flame out in 3 years or he could stay 15 years and a get a statue by the train tracks next to the Alamodome. 

i think back when Herman left u of h, he had that program on the brink of making some major noise. Set for awhile. 

if my brother is in, I’ll be at the utsa bowl game 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

i think back when Herman left u of h, he had that program on the brink of making some major noise. Set for awhile. 

if my brother is in, I’ll be at the utsa bowl game 

I see one bowl project as the New Orleans bowl against the rajin Cajuns.
while that’s be a cool trip I’d like to see how they stack up against a better team.   

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I see one bowl project as the New Orleans bowl against the rajin Cajuns.
while that’s be a cool trip I’d like to see how they stack up against a better team.   

If they run the table they should be getting a NY6, like Western Michigan did with Fleck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just mentioned on the Matt Wells thread. I get it if he goes.  But I don't think he will have a significant drop of at UTSA if he stays. Recruiting and talent in the area are there

. They will compete and be a solid program if Traylor decides to stay for a little longer and waits for something better. That's my hope at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1