¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

On 6/10/2022 at 7:23 AM, Immaculate Vibes said:

That’s what I was told. 

Lake Houston Wilderness Park. Sent by friend. Snake pulled the catfish out of water to kill it. Never seen that. 

I've run the trails there, it's pretty remote in the back.  Did not feel comfortable at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stupid bitches dropped a rock on its head and then apparently stomped on and stood on the rock.

Fucked up a perfectly good snek.

They're all perfectly good snek, as far as I'm concerned. Possible exceptions for actually threatening kids or pets.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I’ve gotten additional details. Apparently they were jogging on the trail behind my place and passed a woman who said “be careful, there’s a copperhead right in the middle of the path back there.” They eventually came across the snek a few minutes later and its head was already mostly smashed, but it was still wiggling around. They dropped the big stone and ground it’s head to put it out of its misery. Not sure what would’ve caused the rattling sound they described.

Didn’t have this when I first posted, but here’s a picture they took as they approached it. 0D1DB95B-389B-4E86-85D3-986DE93B9B15.thumb.jpeg.5c57101f657291103aba532d4a18d0c2.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hate said:

We saw this guy at Lake Buchanan this past weekend. I don’t know what the real name is, but we always called them ribbon snakes. This was one of the biggest I’ve seen. It was probably a little over 3 feet long.

Western ribbon snake is correct.  Most of the ones I've seen are smaller, too.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, SquishMitten said:

Couple screenshots from the video

acab529f38d9dd49f40e7a4ac4df1c0d.png
6602c87bc58fab0dac71d9b16063477c.png

EASTERN HOGNOSE

On 9/28/2022 at 9:23 PM, CycleTex87 said:

George Bush Park walking my dog. Was on the asphalt trail when I first saw him. 

90005E2C-C6EF-4C01-A6F4-3698E4A30249.jpeg

VENOMOUS NORTHERN COTTONMOUTH

On 9/29/2022 at 9:07 AM, Hate said:

We saw this guy at Lake Buchanan this past weekend. I don’t know what the real name is, but we always called them ribbon snakes. This was one of the biggest I’ve seen. It was probably a little over 3 feet long.

9c014fb21abee945fcc55707aa1075ab.jpg

RIBBON SNAKE

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poor, poor snek.

An eight-year-old Indian boy killed a cobra that had wrapped itself around his arm and sank its fangs into his skin by biting it back in an incredible reversal of fortunes. The surreal incident unfolded in the remote Pandarpadh village in India's central Chhattisgarh region on Monday when Deepak was set upon by the venomous reptile, according to The New Indian Express.

The cobra latched onto Deepak while he was playing outside his family home and wound its tense body around his limb, before rearing back and biting down to inject its deadly poison.

Fighting through the pain, Deepak furiously shook his arm but couldn't release the reptile, at which point he decided to give the attacker a taste of its own medicine and viciously sank his own teeth into its body, successfully killing the animal. 

'The snake got wrapped around my hand and bit me. I was in great pain,' Deepak told The New Indian Express.

'As the reptile didn't budge when I tried to shake it off, I bit it hard twice. It all happened in a flash,' he said.

Fearing for Deepak's life in the aftermath of the bite, the boy's parents rushed him to a nearby medical centre where he was kept under observation to ensure he would recover successfully. An examination of his injury led doctors to discover that he sustained a 'dry bite', meaning the cobra did not release any venom into his flesh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11390517/Cobra-dies-bitten-eight-year-old-boy-India.html?ito=push-notification&ci=m9tXqEQ71O&cri=14sN0FsT4C&si=O6ZnlLIqOZde&xi=fde822ba-17d5-4217-a7c5-62a5e386cd79&ai=11390517

35 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Heading into Austin for some tattoo work and stopped at a flip spot I have had good luck at (western diamondback, coachwhip) and whiffed on a red striped ribbon snake. Just wasn’t fast enough. Was a good sized one too. Oh well.

The guy stops off for some snek hunting while heading to Austin for a tattoo.  This is why we love Swayze.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

@Patricio Swayze

or anybody who "snake hunts"

I see these guys out looking for snakes fairly often along side a highway I frequently drive. There is a roadcut through a hill with dark rocks with a western face. I imagine the rocks heat up pretty good on a sunny afternoon, then stay warm as the air cools at night, so seems like a pretty good place to look for snakes after the sun goes down.

I assume they are there just looking and not actually capturing? Is that a thing, capturing snakes to sell or skin maybe?

[mention=98]Patricio Swayze[/mention]
or anybody who "snake hunts"

I see these guys out looking for snakes fairly often along side a highway I frequently drive. There is a roadcut through a hill with dark rocks with a western face. I imagine the rocks heat up pretty good on a sunny afternoon, then stay warm as the air cools at night, so seems like a pretty good place to look for snakes after the sun goes down.

I assume they are there just looking and not actually capturing? Is that a thing, capturing snakes to sell or skin maybe?

I would say nearly all of them are only looking/photographing and not harvesting. Certain species are definitely illegal to harvest or even handle.

I am sure here and there people are grabbing to be bred and/or sold as pets.
  • Like 1

18-foot Burmese python swallows 5-foot gator whole in Florida.  Nasty photos of the necropsy are offset by photos of the 26YO "geoscientist and bikini model."  Once she's done with that python, she can deal with mine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11405487/Disgusting-moment-5ft-alligator-pulled-18ft-Burmese-pythons-STOMACH-Florida.html

• Hook 'Em 2

Two weekends ago, had some friends visiting, and they brought their three little girls, ages 5 to 10.  They wanted to hike down into the greenbelt and small creek behind our house, so sure, I took 'em down there.  As we were climbing down, they asked "are there snakes down here?"  I didn't lie - I told them yes, there are.  We see them sometimes, they are usually small garter snakes, they're more scared of us than we are of them, etc.  BUT, if you do see a snake, just freeze and tell me, just to be safe.

We get down to the (mostly dry) creek, and are hiking along slowly, looking for fossils and such.  We make it about 50 feet, and I (walking point) come up on the biggest goddamn snake we've seen out there.  I THINK it was a common watersnake (had kind of a light-colored lower jaw).   Maybe 3 feet long, and fat as hell (probably 4-5 inch circumference at the middle).  He of course got spooked, and hastily crawled away, making a big racket through the dry leaves.

The girls said they wanted to go back to the house, right now.  So we did.

Pretty cool snake, though.

• Hook 'Em 3

Two weekends ago, had some friends visiting, and they brought their three little girls, ages 5 to 10.  They wanted to hike down into the greenbelt and small creek behind our house, so sure, I took 'em down there.  As we were climbing down, they asked "are there snakes down here?"  I didn't lie - I told them yes, there are.  We see them sometimes, they are usually small garter snakes, they're more scared of us than we are of them, etc.  BUT, if you do see a snake, just freeze and tell me, just to be safe.
We get down to the (mostly dry) creek, and are hiking along slowly, looking for fossils and such.  We make it about 50 feet, and I (walking point) come up on the biggest goddamn snake we've seen out there.  I THINK it was a common watersnake (had kind of a light-colored lower jaw).   Maybe 3 feet long, and fat as hell (probably 4-5 inch circumference at the middle).  He of course got spooked, and hastily crawled away, making a big racket through the dry leaves.
The girls said they wanted to go back to the house, right now.  So we did.
Pretty cool snake, though.

That was actually my penis. I’ll zelle you some plata to cover shipping.