2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

So stoked about this season...

It's easy to take Altuve, Correa, Springer, et al for granted, but man I am going to try to keep it at front of mind to appreciate them all year. I never thought we'd field a more talented team than the '98 squad (with RJ), but this team pretty clearly is. This is rarefied air and it won't last forever.

Yes, I am one of those idiots who was actually watching the infamous 0.0 rating game in 2012 or 2013 or whenever it was...when Jason Castro was hitting third and I actually squinted hard enough to at least consider that maybe Matt Dominguez and Justin Maxwell and LJ Hoes could become solid regulars. 

But here we are. Enjoy, homies. 

• Like 2

Just got this email re: Dodgers opening weekend tickets.... I smiled:

The Dodgers’ pursuit of another trip to the World Series begins Thursday, with Kirk Gibson throwing the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day presented by Bank of America. Plan ahead and arrive early for special pregame ceremonies throughout the Dodgers’ Opening Series against the Giants, which includes fireworks, a special edition bobblehead and a ring ceremony that you won’t want to miss!

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Just got this email re: Dodgers opening weekend tickets.... I smiled:

The Dodgers’ pursuit of another trip to the World Series begins Thursday, with Kirk Gibson throwing the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day presented by Bank of America. Plan ahead and arrive early for special pregame ceremonies throughout the Dodgers’ Opening Series against the Giants, which includes fireworks, a special edition bobblehead and a ring ceremony that you won’t want to miss!

I just assumed that the plaque for the alternates was down in the ladies' room.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Let's do this shit, men!

This thread was an all time classic last year, a shame it didn't get its proper due.

I take some solace in the fact that all the classics are lost forever. Either that or I'm crying. I'm not crying, you're crying.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Not sure if someone has mentioned, but I saw an add for ATT sports net during the  rockets game last night and I’m pretty sure they said they have an app now where you can stream games this year. Of course you have to have a cable subscription that gets the network.

Yep

https://southwest-attsn.att.com/att-sportsnet-app/

4 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

hopefully we see that for years to come. Is he called up by July or Sep?

It'll depend on Fisher, I think - if he scuffles a bit in April-May, I could see Tucker coming up in June. If Fisher produces reasonably well, who knows - he could be trade bait for a deadline deal to clear the way for Tucker, or he could stick around and get some DH ABs. With his speed/power combo, he has value, and he's produced at every level. 

Good "problem" to have. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It'll depend on Fisher, I think - if he scuffles a bit in April-May, I could see Tucker coming up in June. If Fisher produces reasonably well, who knows - he could be trade bait for a deadline deal to clear the way for Tucker, or he could stick around and get some DH ABs. With his speed/power combo, he has value, and he's produced at every level. 

Good "problem" to have. 

Have we seen confirmation that Fisher beat out Kemp for the last OF spot? I know AJ said as of last week it was closer than people think and it would depend on the last few ST games.

6 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Have we seen confirmation that Fisher beat out Kemp for the last OF spot? I know AJ said as of last week it was closer than people think and it would depend on the last few ST games.

Yes, Fisher and Davis made the opening day roster. 

OD Roster

Edited by Hank Chinaski
link
  • Like 1

Sat with my source tonight. Marisnick has the month of April to figure it out. After that it’ll be Fisher. Still no plans for Tucker until September 

And I called the Fedorowicz walk and Tucker grand slam before Fedorowicz got to the plate. Had a lot of high fives in our section. 

God damn I love baseball