First Unread Post

TwiceHorn

Perhaps connected to the maintenance this past weekend, but when I click on a thread title now, it takes me to the first post, frequently, rather than the first unread post, which was my default behavior.

I seem to recall there being a setting for this somewhere, but don't remember it.

FWIW, the thread titles are generated by "new posts."

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Perhaps connected to the maintenance this past weekend, but when I click on a thread title now, it takes me to the first post, frequently, rather than the first unread post, which was my default behavior.

I seem to recall there being a setting for this somewhere, but don't remember it.

i've always had to click on the black bullet point to the left of the thread tile to go to first new post.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I remember seeing that (click the dot), but until this past weekend, I could click thread titles and go to first new post.  Can't remember if that's some setting I changed or what, but it's annoying as hell.

3 hours ago, Llogg said:

Was just coming to post this. Used to click thread title and go to first unread, now goes to last post in thread.

I've tried both ways.  About 60% of the time either one will take me to the first unread post, and the rest of the time they take me 3-5 posts before or after first unread post.

The activity page is all hosed.  Used to go to a custom activity page where it showed me unread subscribed pages, and when I wanted to go back and post to one I'd already read, you could hit the dropdown and have it show all, not just unread.  Hasn't worked the last few days.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, TwiceHorn said:

This is happening for me, too. Somehow I'm seeing a lot of very first pages of threads now, when I never used to. Don't think I've changed anything about the way I'm using the site.

same here. didn't realize how useful this was until it stopped working.

also, on mobile, the first page is so full of unnecessary tabs/options that you have to scroll down the entire page to get to the first topic. except for the reply format, the simple design for recent topics on ycombinator's hacker news is perfect.