Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

17 hours ago, Netzer said:

Hot dog lovers beware! NSFW

Story (worth reading)

“He started yelling for the manager,” continued the anonymous patron. “When the Davis [Dime Cafe manager] arrived at his table, he took a bite an agreed something wasn’t right with it.”

“Yeah, it tasted kinda strange. I just assumed it’d gone bad. I let the line cook and the dishwasher taste it too.” said Davis McCalister speaking of the incident. “I didn’t think much more about it than that other than to refund his money and apologize. Things like that happen, you know? But not like this.”

17 hours ago, Netzer said:

Hot dog lovers beware! NSFW

Story (worth reading)

The dumbest phrase in business is "the customer is always right." No, sometimes customers are unprovoked assholes and are wrong. I wish more places would take the balls to tell shitty customers to gtfo, your business is not needed here. Maybe if the boss stood up for servers being treated like shit they wouldn't resort to this type of shit. Although, this is way out of bounds and this chick is clearly insane. 

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The dumbest phrase in business is "the customer is always right." No, sometimes customers are unprovoked assholes and are wrong. I wish more places would take the balls to tell shitty customers to gtfo, your business is not needed here. Maybe if the boss stood up for servers being treated like shit they wouldn't resort to this type of shit. Although, this is way out of bounds and this chick is clearly insane. 

I'm not in the restaurant industry, but I do get to tell customers to fuck off (maybe not in those words) all the time. I love it.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

A friend of mine owns a restaurant that has garnered praise nationally. But the online reviews suffer a bit as they are peppered with people who are pissed of that he got pissed off with them. He doesn’t take even mild criticism well, mostly due to an Italian temper which doesn’t go over well in the upper Midwest. 

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

A friend of mine owns a restaurant that has garnered praise nationally. But the online reviews suffer a bit as they are peppered with people who are pissed of that he got pissed off with them. He doesn’t take even mild criticism well, mostly due to an Italian temper which doesn’t go over well in the upper Midwest. 

There's a restaurant that opened near us that got decent reviews, but in typical yelp fashion, there were the typical complainers, most of which centered around service times.  The owner, instead of apologizing and diplomatically explaining the cause of the delays, would go on the attack and unleash on customers online.  They closed within 6 months of opening.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yes and No. If a customer has a legit concern about something you try and take care of it. If someone is being an asshole you ask the to leave. People just over think it. I was a manager of a steakhouse right out of college people sent steak back all the time because they didn't know how to order a steak and they would say it was underdone. I'm not kicking anyone out of the restaurant for something stupid like that (even though they are idiots) fix the problem and move on. 

If they were abusing the staff or other customers well they were told to GTFO. 

But the one thing that people don't remember especially with restaurants is people that have a bad experience (even if they were assholes or wrong) are going to tell about 10 people they got shitty service, food, etc. On the flip side if someone has the best meal of their life they might tell one or two people. 

It's a numbers game and if you tell to many people to fuck off you aren't in business very long. 

31 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
34 minutes ago, AM Wood said:
i'd be awfully piste'd too if i ran into that.

Well, I'm sure his piste'd himself at a minimum when he turned his head back around.

And probably shit himself too when he got run over by a car coming out of that tunnel.  Jeebus.