Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

found a news article that the guy died. 

man, thats really really close to the shopowner being some some seriously deep legal shit.

you are allowed to defend yourself, but that video seems to show that while the robber was aggressively stealing shit, he wasnt assaulting the shopowner nor threatening him (nor were his accomplices) with any sort of weapon. and it seems like the first actual physical contact was the shopowner leading with a knife blow to the upper back (3 hits), 

I'm really torn about this one.  Robbers tend to get what they deserve, but this was a robbery that didnt involve violence until the shopowner took it to 11. 

I would not be surprised if the shopowner gets  arrested for whatever aggravated assault is called in Nevada, maybe even a level above that, manslaughter. 

a jury may acquit him but hes most likely gonna spend some time behind bars and probably pay $400k  or more in legal bills defending himself

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

man, thats really really close to the shopowner being some some seriously deep legal shit.

you are allowed to defend yourself, but that video seems to show that while the robber was aggressively stealing shit, he wasnt assaulting the shopowner nor threatening him (nor were his accomplices) with any sort of weapon. and it seems like the first actual physical contact was the shopowner leading with a knife blow to the upper back (3 hits), 

I'm really torn about this one.  Robbers tend to get what they deserve, but this was a robbery that didnt involve violence until the shopowner took it to 11. 

I would not be surprised if the shopowner gets  arrested for whatever aggravated assault is called in Nevada, maybe even a level above that, manslaughter. 

a jury may acquit him but hes most likely gonna spend some time behind bars and probably pay $400k  or more in legal bills defending himself

part of me agrees with you but you can’t blame someone for defending themself.  that shop owner didn’t know if those guys had weapons.  it’s tragic but the robber fucked around and found out. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

The guy had an open backpack that wasn't on his back... no telling whats in there in that moment. Shop owner defended his livelihood. It's gruesome, but I can empathize. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if that doesn't make you smile you're dead inside

Yeah...Fuck Yeah! GIF - Today Show Newscast Yeah - Discover & Share GIFs

It feels like I've seen a couple other funny clips from this morning show. I'll have to find out if you can catch it online.

Edit....lulz, first youtube video I stumbled across. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

At 5:20 mark, a friend of the driver says the driver (37 or 40 year old RN) was mad at her boyfriend and had been drinking at a friend’s house. 

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/at-least-5-injured-in-fiery-crash-at-windsor-hills-gas-station/

for some more info..

Houston woman charged after fiery crash in California that killed 6, injured several others, authorities say (click2houston.com)

On 8/4/2022 at 6:36 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

thats pretty much the epitome of California in a single 24 second video 

6 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Well…Houston is kinda like California without the weather and scenery. 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

Yes, the robber DID deserve it.  People need to stop fucking around.  For reals.

He is done fucking around now...

Edited by slorch

Yes, the robber DID deserve it.  People need to stop fucking around.  For reals.
He is done fucking around now...

I’m not convinced the penalty for riding along on a vape pen and change robbery should be death, as determined and adjudged by a shop owner.

That said, the consequences were entirely foreseeable so…

Bad decisions lead to bad results.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I’m not convinced the penalty for riding along on a vape pen and change robbery should be death, as determined and adjudged by a shop owner.

That said, the consequences were entirely foreseeable so…

Bad decisions lead to bad results.

Jumping over the counter wasn't riding along. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just read some of the laws Nevada has on the books. For starters, they have both castle doctrine and stand your ground laws, which gives you a good idea of how stuff like this is treated. It looks like - if it's determined the perpetrators were committing robbery (which is a felony) - the store owner will have a very reasonable defense. I think it could be an interesting case but I'd assume he walks. Those guys were clearly threatening him and like someone else said - how does he know neither of them has a gun or a knife themselves? The guy that died also hopped behind the counter. If he had just grabbed something and tried to run it might be looked at differently. 

• Hook 'Em 3