Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

In college, I remember waiting at a red light. When it turned green, I glanced to the right to see a red Jeep Cherokee with 2 college girls just barreling down the road oblivious they had a red light. I stopped, but the guy to the left of me just went and got absolutely t-boned by the Cherokee. I think the engine got most of the damage, but the 2 guys inside probably got severe whiplash.  That was the only time I witnessed a bad accident, and that's why I always check cross traffic before I start moving.

Edited by Superhero
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Superhero said:

In college, I remember waiting at a red light. When it turned green, I glanced to the right to see a red Jeep Cherokee with 2 college girls just barreling down the road oblivious they had a red light. I stopped, but the guy to the left of me just went and got absolutely t-boned by the Cherokee. I think the engine got most of the damage, but the 2 guys inside probably got severe whiplash.  That was the only time I witnessed a bad accident, and that's why I always check cross traffic before I start moving.

When I was at UT, there was great bus driver who made the run up Speedway.  He was a font of wisdom, so I'd try and sit up front and absorb some of it.  One of the bits that always stuck with me, he just casually dropped - "Never be the first car in the intersection ever."  Then he went on to expound about that's who got hit all the time.  The first car, usually by the second.  Seems like a big chunk of this thread is confirmation of that.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

When I was at UT, there was great bus driver who made the run up Speedway.  He was a font of wisdom, so I'd try and sit up front and absorb some of it.  One of the bits that always stuck with me, he just casually dropped - "Never be the first car in the intersection ever."  Then he went on to expound about that's who got hit all the time.  The first car, usually by the second.  Seems like a big chunk of this thread is confirmation of that.

Campus Loop(y)?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

My bus driver was a guitarist for local metal band Raging Saint. His contribution was not advice or pearls of wisdom, but rather heavy metal blasted throughout the ride at maximum volume. A font of wisdom in his own right, however...

1 hour ago, retsevlys said:

IMG-9229.jpg

Birmingham, AL

There's a calf in there too and supposedly chickens.  Dog reflection in side mirror.

That was pretty common way back in the day. It's the reason pickups have stake holes in the bed, so you could put sideboards on.

76e026e88e3bb9099261bbc970ce991e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RPM said:

That was pretty common way back in the day. It's the reason pickups have stake holes in the bed, so you could put sideboards on.

76e026e88e3bb9099261bbc970ce991e.jpg

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

We hauled hogs that way.  Don't judge.

The one my grandpa had, it had overhead bars in the middle that we could hang from (and it was extremely close to that truck in the photo, maybe a year older). Going up or down hills in the back of that pickup, dangling on those bars a foot or two off of the pickup bed, was fucking awesome, and something I’d never let my kids do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2