Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

10 hours ago, LTbear said:

Sure, but I meant is there actually a specific different photo of those dudes out on the beam that shows some sort of support actually beneath them?

Some construction workers recreated that photo a while back.  One of them explained that there would always be a temporary construction floor below an accessible beam. If there wasn't, you would not be able to get up on that beam since there'd be no place to put a ladder. 

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, tx ind said:

damn, hope that person is ok

I just hope he had become distracted by reading a Surly Sugar Baby thread on his phone and lost track of place and not that he finished the Cloak Room "A Story about a Pathetic Man's Downfall" thread and elected to intentionally check out of humanity. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I was riding Amtrak and we hit a 10-wheel construction truck hauling lumber while it was on the tracks. We didn't feel ANYTHING. It was like running over a matchbox car. Trains don't fuck around.

A relative of mine was a train engineer for a local train line in Kansas. He said all engineers know that it's not if you kill someone, and it's not when you kill someone, it's how many times you kill someone. 

Some construction workers recreated that photo a while back.  One of them explained that there would always be a temporary construction floor below an accessible beam. If there wasn't, you would not be able to get up on that beam since there'd be no place to put a ladder. 

I'm sure OSHA was on top of it back when the original was taken. No way they would have a beam they could walk out onto from an adjacent floor without another floor below.