Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Read the article linked in the tweet. A small excerpt (the rest of his MOH story is even more unbelievable): 

He was pronounced dead and placed in a plastic bag. Luckily, one of his friends recognized him and immediately called the doctor. The bag was rapidly filling with blood. With 37 bullet, shrapnel and bayonet wounds, eyes caked in blood, and no obvious heartbeat, the doctor concluded that Benavidez is indeed dead. But he was not. Unable to move or speak, he managed to do only one thing – spit into doctor’s hovering face.

He was immediately evacuated back to his old Booke Army Medical Centre, where he recovered. For his immense bravery, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and four Purple Hearts.

Holy shit indeed. Definitely worth clicking through to read the whole thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nnm said:

Read the article linked in the tweet. A small excerpt (the rest of his MOH story is even more unbelievable): 

He was pronounced dead and placed in a plastic bag. Luckily, one of his friends recognized him and immediately called the doctor. The bag was rapidly filling with blood. With 37 bullet, shrapnel and bayonet wounds, eyes caked in blood, and no obvious heartbeat, the doctor concluded that Benavidez is indeed dead. But he was not. Unable to move or speak, he managed to do only one thing – spit into doctor’s hovering face.

He was immediately evacuated back to his old Booke Army Medical Centre, where he recovered. For his immense bravery, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and four Purple Hearts.

I figured that man would never die.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

All of them. 

I would grab the nearest one by the tail and helicopter that sumbitch around at 300 gyrations per minute and it’s sharp teeth and claws would eviscerate anything within an 11 foot radius of me, except me, cause centrifugal.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, nnm said:

Drunk post alert: There was a ceremony for him at Steiner Hall* when I was in ROTC.  Found it:

"On February 24, 1981, President Ronald Reagan presented Roy P. Benavidez with the Medal of Honor in the Pentagon. Reagan turned to the press and said, "If the story of his heroism were a movie script, you would not believe it". "

Obviously our thing came after the CMH presentation.  

*Looks like the old Steiner Hall has been demolished.  Prather Hall has been demolished, too.  The RTF building has been reclad.  At least Hole in the Wall is still there.

• Like 1

Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

So you're saying the dude is the problem in that video?

No, not at all.

I'm saying she looks like someone who doesn't have enough love in her life.  She might just need a love supply.  

(I ran out of rum and switched to vodka.  I think I'll agree with my post tomorrow but I'm not sure).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Drunk post alert: There was a ceremony for him at Steiner Hall* when I was in ROTC.  Found it:

"On February 24, 1981, President Ronald Reagan presented Roy P. Benavidez with the Medal of Honor in the Pentagon. Reagan turned to the press and said, "If the story of his heroism were a movie script, you would not believe it". "

Obviously our thing came after the CMH presentation.  

*Looks like the old Steiner Hall has been demolished.  Prather Hall has been demolished, too.  The RTF building has been reclad.  At least Hole in the Wall is still there.

El Campo is still a shithole, too, even if Roy P came from there.  @MC Fresh Breath would probably agree.   Love it and hate it.  

7 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

El Campo is still a shithole, too, even if Roy P came from there.  @MC Fresh Breath would probably agree.   Love it and hate it.  

Heh.  Young me would say that.  Older me has learned that boards like this have folks from all over, including many who lurk more than post and I do not want to insult anyone.

I would just say I am happy to not live there anymore as it’s not for me.  

15 hours ago, Bullneck said:

No, not at all.

I'm saying she looks like someone who doesn't have enough love in her life.  She might just need a love supply.  

(I ran out of rum and switched to vodka.  I think I'll agree with my post tomorrow but I'm not sure).

Not saying that reaction was warranted, but the guy with the phone did something.   Probably cut her off I’m guessing. 
She makes a great argument for gun control.  A bitch that’ll punch a moving car might use a gun if she had one. 

6 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Heh.  Young me would say that.  Older me has learned that boards like this have folks from all over, including many who lurk more than post and I do not want to insult anyone.

Good choice of words.  I salute your diplomacy.  

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

I'm from the upscale neighborhood of Danevang.  Upper Crust 1%er.

• Hook 'Em 2