Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

17 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That's odd.  Our flows are lower than normal all of Thanksgiving weekend.

Last year Thanksgiving the septic line from our guest house backed up. Roots tore up the line. Had to wait until the next week to get it fixed. This year the main tank backed up last week and had to be replaced on Monday of this week. The septic guy says this happens every year. People have extra guests in the house for the holidays and septic systems get overwhelmed. The problem is there, but just manifests itself when the extra folks start flushing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

Last year Thanksgiving the septic line from our guest house backed up. Roots tore up the line. Had to wait until the next week to get it fixed. This year the main tank backed up last week and had to be replaced on Monday of this week. The septic guy says this happens every year. People have extra guests in the house for the holidays and septic systems get overwhelmed. The problem is there, but just manifests itself when the extra folks start flushing. 

Several years ago my in-laws new aerated system was slammed at Thanksgiving.  It didn't back up, but it was slow, and the water it sprayed smelled bad, which it shouldn't.  Knowing that I have a little experience with poop, he asked me what to do.  I told him to take a gallon jug to a nearby sewer plant and ask for a gallon of return activated sludge, or RAS.  They'll know what you mean, and usually are more than happy to help out.  RAS is full of the beneficial bacteria that break down unstable organic matter.  Pour it in your toilet and flush two or three times and you have seeded your system with a boost of bugs.  Do this about a week before Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other big get together and your bacteria population will be ready to take up the slack.  It won't help with roots or busted tanks, but will help prevent the tanks from getting too full of solids and backing up.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Several years ago my in-laws new aerated system was slammed at Thanksgiving.  It didn't back up, but it was slow, and the water it sprayed smelled bad, which it shouldn't.  Knowing that I have a little experience with poop, he asked me what to do.  I told him to take a gallon jug to a nearby sewer plant and ask for a gallon of return activated sludge, or RAS.  They'll know what you mean, and usually are more than happy to help out.  RAS is full of the beneficial bacteria that break down unstable organic matter.  Pour it in your toilet and flush two or three times and you have seeded your system with a boost of bugs.  Do this about a week before Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other big get together and your bacteria population will be ready to take up the slack.  It won't help with roots or busted tanks, but will help prevent the tanks from getting too full of solids and backing up.

That’s awesome. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I thought it was called Rid-X

1 minute ago, RPM said:

I thought it was called Rid-X

For anaerobic, old fashioned septic systems, Rid-X is a great help.  For the newer aerobic systems it isn't as effective.  Rid-X is a cocktail of enzymes to promote the growth of bacteria, mainly anaerobic ones that flourish in environments with very little or no dissolved oxygen in the wastewater.  Aerobic systems have a good presence of dissolved oxygen in the water, so they use a different set of bacteria.  Wastewater plants main treatment systems are aerobic, so they are great sources of bacteria for aerobic systems.  Rid-X won't hurt, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Probably in a drive through zoo where they have a million signs that say, "whatever you do, don't get out of your car."

It was, in China... Several signs at the park read: “Cherish your life. Never get out of your car.”

Apparently first women dragged off was injured but survived, 2nd women to get out of back of car (mom) was mauled to death by 2nd tiger.

Spoiler

A woman was mauled to death by a Siberian tiger and her female companion was injured while on a safari-style tour in China, state-run media reported Monday.

Part of the horrific attack at the Badaling Wildlife World animal park near Beijing on Saturday was caught on a security camera and provided to CNN by China’s state television station CCTV. The park allows visitors to drive their vehicles through a tiger enclosure.

The video shows a woman get out of the passenger seat of a car and walk over to the driver. As the driver opens his door, the woman is suddenly grabbed from behind by a tiger and forcefully dragged away.

The video shows the driver and a second woman passenger rush to the woman’s aid before a Jeep heads to the scene.

The rest happened off screen, but the state-run Xinhua news agency reported that the second woman was the one mauled to death – by another tiger as she tried to rescue the first woman, who was injured.

Several signs at the park read: “Cherish your life. Never get out of your car.”

Xinhua reported that an investigation into the incident was underway and that the zoo had been temporarily closed.

The Beijing Tourism website says that the park is famous for “raising fierce animals in large groups in open areas” and that it has 10,000 wild animals, including brown bears, Malayan Sun bears, leopards and wild wolves.

• Hook 'Em 2