Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

I mean, I saw a whale once in Town Lake which is a freshwater river.  Turns out it was Vic's prom date, but still---most whale subspecies cannot survive in freshwater ecosystems for long periods of time.  If we're being literal and basing policy on translations.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Last I checked, rain is salt-free. 

Tell me you weren't in the military in Biloxi, Mississippi having to march thru a rainstorm just before a hurricane was supposed to make landfall without telling me you weren't in the military in Biloxi, Mississippi having to march thru a rainstorm just before a hurricane was supposed to make landfall.

You could taste the salt in the water as it ran down your face.

Besides, if God supposedly created the Earth, water, animals, etc, and could make it rain enough in 40 days and nights to flood the entire earth, you don't think he could make it rain salt water?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Modessit said:

Tell me you weren't in the military in Biloxi, Mississippi having to march thru a rainstorm just before a hurricane was supposed to make landfall without telling me you weren't in the military in Biloxi, Mississippi having to march thru a rainstorm just before a hurricane was supposed to make landfall.

You could taste the salt in the water as it ran down your face.

Besides, if God supposedly created the Earth, water, animals, etc, and could make it rain enough in 40 days and nights to flood the entire earth, you don't think he could make it rain salt water?

My dad did a stint in Biloxi with the Navy.  I guess it was some kinda inter-branch wargame in the early 60's.  He was sorely disappointed with that Matthew Broderick movie.  And yes, if god could make it rain salt water, why not just come out and say it in the bible.  I mean, I get being cryptic about parables, and gospels, and origin stories.  But when it comes to the weather...don't be all hedgey.  Just fucking say it.  "Tonight, 100% chance of saltwater thunderstorms...tomorrow, certain death.  And now to Luke with Sports..."

The Earth flooded, right?  40 days and 40 nights of what?  Rain?  Last I checked, rain is salt-free.  Whales don't live in freshwater.  A flood of salt-free water probably didn't work out too well for Whales.  Unless we're talking about some sort of symbiotic balance of salt-free rain over salted ocean water.  If you take the story literally as way too many fucking stupid people do (you being the exception), it is extremely plausible that the ocean life in certain littoral areas would be wiped out due to freshwater rains.  Think of how many small salt-water lakes we have that would be easily inundated with freshwater rains in 40 days of heavy rains (plus water table runoffs).  I'm not saying I'm not a believer, I'm saying I don't base my environmental and climate policy over a story that makes no fucking sense

You do realize that 96% of the the water on earth is Saltwater. Raising the water level with the amount of fresh water to cover the majority of inhabited land wouldn’t be a drop in the bucket. But whatever

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The Earth flooded, right?  40 days and 40 nights of what?  Rain?  Last I checked, rain is salt-free.  Whales don't live in freshwater.  A flood of salt-free water probably didn't work out too well for Whales.  Unless we're talking about some sort of symbiotic balance of salt-free rain over salted ocean water. 

News Flash: It already rains at sea. 

I seent it GIFs - Obtenez le meilleur gif sur GIFER

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The Earth flooded, right?  40 days and 40 nights of what?  Rain?  Last I checked, rain is salt-free.  Whales don't live in freshwater.  A flood of salt-free water probably didn't work out too well for Whales.  Unless we're talking about some sort of symbiotic balance of salt-free rain over salted ocean water.  If you take the story literally as way too many fucking stupid people do (you being the exception), it is extremely plausible that the ocean life in certain littoral areas would be wiped out due to freshwater rains.  Think of how many small salt-water lakes we have that would be easily inundated with freshwater rains in 40 days of heavy rains (plus water table runoffs).  I'm not saying I'm not a believer, I'm saying I don't base my environmental and climate policy over a story that makes no fucking sense
0cc9fe64b10fd716669880d5e3d9f319.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3