Favorite torchy's taco

Tap

• 4 weeks later...

My 15 year old and her friends love going to Torchy's, mostly for the fried avocado & totm. I can take or leave it,  but their newer place on Hwy.290 has a bar so I can set there and drink with an order of chips & queso while the girls cackle. Sometimes this place is too damn crowded though, was met outside(line was out the door) by an employee once that told me wait time for your order was 45 minutes. Umm, no thank you.

This August, we’re taking spice to new heights. Exploding onto the scene is the heart-pumping, adrenaline-raising blockbuster you’ve been waiting for. Prepare yourselves — the Bottle Rocket Shrimp is ready for lift off.

BottleRocketShrimp-663x1024.jpg

With dynamite performances by Habanero battered fried shrimp, cabbage slaw, cotija cheese, candied jalapeños & cilantro, served with Diablo Mayo on a flour tortilla. That’s no CGI — this professional does all it’s own stunts.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the barn burner and bottle rocket shrimp. The barn burner was not even remotely spicy. The bottle rocket on the other hand was a lot spicier than previous years. Still feeling it.

Next week barn burner and maybe the scalding pig.

Dude, I love spicy food. I can handle a ton of spice. Love the Amazing Green Beans at Sap’s...but damn, that bottle rocket taco lit me up. Don’t think I would have enjoyed eating two.

Dude, I love spicy food. I can handle a ton of spice. Love the Amazing Green Beans at Sap’s...but damn, that bottle rocket taco lit me up. Don’t think I would have enjoyed eating two.

Yup this one is putting a hurting on me more than usual. Gotta complete the challenge and do all 4 but I know I’ll end up paying for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

December TOTM - The Preacher (NEW) - Marinated & grilled Berkshire pork with freshly grilled pineapple, onions, Avocado Sauce & cilantro on a corn tortilla. 

this sounds way too pedestrian to be torchy's totm

Edited by elfenix