Horns in the NFL

maninblack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2022 at 7:55 AM, LTtxfan said:

Davis is the kiss of death -- Kerstetter got cut yesterday.  

https://atozsports.com/buffalo/buffalo-bills/bills-early-roster-cuts-feature-a-big-disappointment/

aggy Wydermyer also got the chop.  Talk about a player failing to live up to expectations.  Dude went from being a likely high draft pick to being a UDFA to getting cut after the first preseason game.  I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger draft plummet that wasn't directly linked to injury or off-field shenanigans.

Patriots’ Blazing Fast WR-Hybrid Called Team’s Best Undrafted Player

GettyImages-1276849998-e1658857571706.jp

The New England Patriots have kept at least one undrafted free agent for 18 consecutive seasons. Texas alum Brenden Schooler might be the guy with the best chance of keeping the streak alive.

Bleacher Report’s Kristopher Knox calls Schooler the Patriots’ best UDFA in training camp this season. 

He’s 25 and played a whopping six years of college football. He played four years with Oregon before taking advantage of an opportunity to extend his stay in school after new rules were put in place to compensate for the impact of COVID-19 on the 2019-20 college football seasons.

If Schooler was 22 years old, perhaps a team might have taken a chance on drafting him in the seventh round. However, at 25 years old, his best chance to make an NFL team became the UDFA route.

Full article

https://heavy.com/sports/new-england-patriots/brendan-schooler-undrafted-free-agent/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

So Thompson, Sam and Schooler made the show huh?? 

anyone else we know of??

Buechele made the chiefs, I know he didn’t finish here but I appreciate what he did in ‘18. Not sugar bowl champs if it wasn’t for him

• Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...