Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

How about to fuck with all the over reactive idiots on Twitter from when she did it the first time?
This is what I don't understand about trolling in this context. Someone upthread compared this to Pizzagate. The notion Dems were running an international pedo ring hinges entirely on this wild theory that falls apart upon examination. You can't make a case with it, much less without it.

On the other hand, you can make a compelling case that nazis, white supremacists and their sympathizers are at very least tolerated within the GOP or at worse have infiltrated it at its highest levels with the mounds of evidence that existed before these hearings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Well, now she's definitely trolling. It doesn't mean she's a white supremacist, just that she's further making a mockery of this proceeding.

She’s the wife of a US District Attorney for West Texas (El Paso to Austin) and she’s a Harvard Law grad.  Oh, and she is a Trukp administration official who reports to Stephen Miller.

And she’s fucking around during s US Supreme Court confirmation. 

Imagine if she had been an Obama administration official fucking around like that. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She’s the wife of a US District Attorney for West Texas (El Paso to Austin) and she’s a Harvard Law grad.  Oh, and she is a Trukp administration official who reports to Stephen Miller.

Imagine if she had been an Obama administration official fucking around like that. 

I really thought all of you were trolling with the whole "she is making white supremacy signs" thing. I am beginning to think you all actually believe it now.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She’s probably under orders to do it and will be rewarded by her superiors for obedience.

Like the Melania jacket, which in no universe would she choose to wear a $38 jacket that says “I don’t care” on the back.

7 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I really thought all of you were trolling with the whole "she is making white supremacy signs" thing. I am beginning to think you all actually believe it now.

I don't know why you thought I was trolling.  Let me clarify for you:  she's flashing what is often interpreted as a white power sign.

It's plain as day.  Does it mean she's a white supremacist?  Not necessarily.  Is it INCREDIBLY stupid and the height of hubris?  Absolutely.  And the right tolerates it.  (Partially because the right is shot through with racists, but I digress.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Scientifically prove him wrong then.

Do you have children? Serious question. If you do, you've done the ultrasounds. You've heard the heart beat. You maybe did the 3D ultrasound that I did, that hangs on the side of my fridge in which my daughter is sucking in her lower lip. Something I see her still do 18 months later. I posted the gif just to poke at him, because I know that I won't ever convince you that to me a fetus is indeed a baby, but hey, if you can do all that stuff (hear the heart, see the face) and still tell me that it isn't a baby until it's out of the womb, then that's your issue not mine.

2 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Do you have children? Serious question. If you do, you've done the ultrasounds. You've heard the heart beat. You maybe did the 3D ultrasound that I did, that hangs on the side of my fridge in which my daughter is sucking in her lower lip. Something I see her still do 18 months later. I posted the gif just to poke at him, because I know that I won't ever convince you that to me a fetus is indeed a baby, but hey, if you can do all that stuff (hear the heart, see the face) and still tell me that it isn't a baby until it's out of the womb, then that's your issue not mine.

So you can’t do it scientifically, got it. Anecdotes are cute and all, but no one gives a shit about your experience. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 936horn said:

fetus is a clinical way of removing the actual term baby from the equation.  

You can kill a fetus, a viable to term baby not so much.....

So, you pro-lifers want to jail women who acquire and doctors who perform abortions? That's the legal crux of the matter. 

It's none of my business what a pregnant woman wants to do with whatever is inside her skin.

I damn sure don't want to prosecute and jail women who must make difficult choices while facing an unwanted pregnancies.

Edited by RomaVicta

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know why you thought I was trolling.  Let me clarify for you:  she's flashing what is often interpreted as a white power sign.

It's plain as day.  Does it mean she's a white supremacist?  Not necessarily.  Is it INCREDIBLY stupid and the height of hubris?  Absolutely.  And the right tolerates it.  (Partially because the right is shot through with racists, but I digress.)

Do we have a longer video?  Not a slowmotion but one that we can see/hear what she was reacting to?  I'm going to assume some senator made some retarded claim and she gave the mocking 'ok' response.  But you keep on believing she's in the jewish/mexican nazi sect of the alt right movement. 

And you wanted Charlie fired so you're totes racist! ;)

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

If you're gonna do this, start a separate abortion thread please.

Fair. And not a chance in hell. That is a topic that there can be very little common ground. I won't pretend otherwise. Pretty sure that would take the cake for biggest shit show thread on this shit show forum.

2 minutes ago, 936horn said:

What's the scientific definition of a baby? 

great, some dipshit from lufkin is going to come in and completely change minds on abortion because of his daughter's ultrasound picture.  i absolutely cannot wait to see where this totally new and fresh argument is going to take us...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, babysdaddy said:

Do we have a longer video?  Not a slowmotion but one that we can see/hear what she was reacting to?  I'm going to assume some senator made some retarded claim and she gave the mocking 'ok' response.  But you keep on believing she's in the jewish/mexican nazi sect of the alt right movement. 

Nobody is claiming she's in a Jewish/Mexican Nazi sect.    The claim is that she's intentionally using a troll white supremacist handsign to gaslight viewers, with precisely your response as the cover.   I didn't believe it after the first time, but after the second, it's the most reasonable conclusion. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

F87FCF08-2344-4A84-85F8-D99B35829356_zps

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

But Trump! 

That's not "But Trump," that's a cold hard fact. Trump and his supporters are absolutely incapable of handling reality. You managed to sneak in a reference to pretending with regards to whether or not that tart in the picture was giving a white supremacist gesture. Here's the problem with that: it changes absolutely nothing about Kavanaugh either way.

So yeah, ridicule certain people for pointing out a hand gesture, but that's just a distraction from the fact that this fucking cult is completely oblivious to the concept of reality. Trump's camp has a considerably large contingent of people who, on the basis of "there's no non-evidence," seriously believe that the world is run by an Eyes Wide Shut-esque cabal that operates a pedophilia ring out of pizza restaurants, that the cabal includes people like Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, and that Donald Trump has living the past 70-odd years of his life in this Andy Kaufman-esque illusion in order to covertly integrate himself with these people so that he could become President of the United States, put on a White Knight suit (or a robe and wizard hat) and defeat this evil cabal. And keep in mind, this is a subset of Trump voters totally separate of those who beat themselves over the head with this fictitious notion that he was the "lesser of two evils in the 2016 election," the believers of which are every bit as deluded as the QAnon crowd. You, on the other hand, are addressing literally less than a handful of people who are questioning an irrelevant hand gesture. If you came here looking for whataboutism, there it is.

10 minutes ago, 936horn said:

He said "scientifically," not "emotionally."

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

great, some dipshit from lufkin is going to come in and completely change minds on abortion because of his daughter's ultrasound picture.  i absolutely cannot wait to see where this totally new and fresh argument is going to take us...

Christ dude calm down. Also, I'm not from Lufkin. I'm not a poor.

It's much worse than what you all are thinking.  That hand sign is known by an elite group as the Eye of Nero.  I know because I have very powerful connections on the internet.  That lady is an indigo mage in the Illuminati.  You watch, in the next 24-36 months some significant event will happen.  You have to connect the dots.  There is no other reason for person's index finger and thumb to touch.  Human anatomy doesn't work that way.  Are we to believe she has hands like a chimpanzee?  

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

why are you guys choosing this hill to die on?  there is nothing reasonable about this conclusion.  It's in the same vein as the the guys pushing the pizzagate theory or the obama was a muslim theory.  Goal is to to get to reasonable discussion, not this shit.  

Seems like you’re the only one insistent on pushing conspiracy theories.

Me, I make observations with my eyes and make reasonable conclusions based on observable patterns of behavior.

I also like reading books.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, 936horn said:

That's great.

It's still not up to you. If a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy, it's not your decision to make. 

Abortion should be legal, highly regulated, and safe. If it isn't, living human women will die.

So will the fetus.

can we please move on from hand sign perception arguments over some non-consequential troll and a tired, emotional abortion slapfight (lest you guys summon guapo's return) to whether or not a former political operative and now ussc nominee kavanaugh actually perjured himself?

Edited by sidis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's great.

It's still not up to you. If a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy, it's not your decision to make. 

Abortion should be legal, highly regulated, and safe. If it isn't, living human women will die.

So will the fetus.

Never said it's up to me. To be honest, as a pro-lifer I absolutely acknowledge that the legal and safe access to abortion is for the best. Abortions will happen regardless, so rather than forcing women to find a dark alleyway or go to a neighboring state, the status quo is best in my mind. That said, I won't ever agree to the fundamental principle of abortion, personally. I also am not so disillusioned that I think I could change anyone's mind if they felt differently.

edit: agree w/ sidis. Will bow out with the abortion stuff, that is off topic here. Apologies.

Edited by 936horn

Just now, sidis said:

can we please move on from hand sign perception argument of some non-consequential troll an a tired, emotional abortion slapfight (lest you guys summon guapo's return) to whether or not a former political operative and now ussc nominee kavanaugh actually perjured himself?

Only if we can move on from the abortion debate 

Just now, sidis said:

can we please move on from hand sign perception argument of some non-consequential troll an a tired, emotional abortion slapfight (lest you guys summon guapo's return) to whether or not a former political operative and now ussc nominee kavanaugh actually perjured himself?

Why?  In 2018 America, both have equal consequence -- ZERO.

Trump nominated someone for SCOTUS.  The Trump transitive property works here -- Trump's nominee could have shot someone in the face on 5th avenue, it wouldn't matter.  The GOP Senate would be "deeply concerned," then every one of them would vote to confirm.  

Nothing matters.  We have a troll administration trolling America, having its minions LITERALLY troll America at Senate confirmation hearings over a SCOTUS justice....and it's just another day in America.

• Like 2

Well me too.  What is the simplest explanation?  That this educated individual on the most watched confirmation hearing in history applied a sneaky white power sign on day one, got called out on it via twitter, and then decided to do it again because nobody could possibly believe she'd try it again?  Or it was nothing and then she mockingly said 'ok' to some political grandstanding statement? 

I assume there is no longer video that could prove or disprove?  If i'm wrong I will apologize.  Or we can continue the circle jerk.

Also, just finished "The Name of the Wind".  It's good if you haven't read it.