Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, hornbri said:

We do not know this, we saw one clip in super slow motion with no context. You have decided to make these conclusions based on that. 

If it were so obvious there would be a longer clip with sound so we could understand what happened. 

This is as ridiculous as some of the alt-right conspiracies. 

We know she was trolling using a hand sign used by right wing trolls to "own the libs" precisely because it is a hand sign used to signify white power by racist hate groups. The right wing trolls know this and that's why they use it to troll.

This isn't hard to figure out.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

are you fucking blind?

Show me the actual clip, the only thing I can find on google is the one super slow motion one that is out of context. If such a clip shows this and it does not show another reasonable explanation I would agree she is trolling. 

3 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

That trolling with that hand sign has become a relatively common thing among right-wingers is clearly relevant to whether another right-winger might be trolling with that hand sign.   

Wrong. That hand signal that I just found out is racist is nothing more than making fun of libtards who actually believe thats what that hand sign means.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Congrats on the early recognition of said troll and eventually showing some sort of reverence for it. 

As a reformed troll myself, I can still appreciate the effectiveness of it.  It is the highest art of warfare.  

When you take a step back and look at what the Russians did to us, there’s almost an art like beauty to it.  Malicious and evil yes, but like art, it’s all in the eye of the beholder. It’s something you can’t measure by votes or responses but you know it has an impact.  

Nevertheless, the only way to fight against it is to acknowledge its existence first.  I’m not sure the Trump supporters have gotten to step 1 yet. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hold on, I'm setting up /r/TheGreatAphelion and I will post your wisdom in there.

In case it wasn't clear, I was mocking the excessive discussion on the intent & meaning behind some previously unknown lady's thumb and index finger touching.  Who gives a shit what it means.  All this talk about the evils of trolling but none on the fact that we are so easy to troll.  It is also childish behavior to get irate about another's childish antics.  

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

It's not trolling when you are working at that level. It's unprofessional. And if this was a scotus pick happening under Obama,  there would have been 3 investigations to see how racist the Dems are. 

You mean like a coke can with a pubic hair.

In fairness, you wouldn't need 3 investigation to see how racist Dems are.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
15 minutes ago, realgreggym said:
Its called making fun of liberals. 

...by destroying your own credibility, which is a long-term net loss for the troll.

I bet that 98% of libs had no clue who this woman was, her background and in a couple of days this will all be forgotten because you libs will move on to the next big deal. I doubt its a long term loss because other than some libs, no one else cares.

Its like vegans threatening to boycott Burger Doodle because they sell burgers.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I bet that 98% of libs had no clue who this woman was, her background and in a couple of days this will all be forgotten because you libs will move on to the next big deal. I doubt its a long term loss because other than some libs, no one else cares.

Just a hunch.  A small one, but a hunch.  You probably wouldn't have liked it had someone...oh, say a person of color...sat at a Senate confirmation hearing in the background and flashed gang signs, right?

Or would you have found the humor in that?

First, I don't know any gang signs just like I didn't know that the OK sign was code for white supremacy or whatever libtards think it means. Second, I wouldn't care.

2.0. what this really about is Trump winning the Presidency and having a chance to appoint a second SC Justice. Maybe libs should blame themselves for nominating such a horrible candidate.  

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I originally thought she was trolling but after seeing this clip I'm not so sure. Seems pretty clear she's conversing with someone. Maybe even mouthing "ok" instead of what looked like a fake yawn in the slow-mo version.

That seems pretty conclusive.

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I originally thought she was trolling but after seeing this clip I'm not so sure. Seems pretty clear she's conversing with someone. Maybe even mouthing "ok" instead of what looked like a fake yawn in the slow-mo version.

You may want to do some source checking on the reputation of “representative press” that put that video out like that. 

Maybe look at their other videos and see what comes up when you google their name with media bias and fact check.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You may want to do some source checking on the reputation of “representative press” that put that video out like that. 

Maybe look at their other videos and see what comes up when you google their name with media bias and fact check.

I didn't check the source but isn't this just a clip of the hearing? Or are you suggesting it was altered?

All I'm saying is the video made me think twice about it being a troll, as I originally thought. It very well may be. In fact, I still think the "ok" hand on arm move likely was.

Edited by Art Vandelay

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

We get why you wouldn't care. It's pretty simple actually.

I don't care because this nonsense is meaningless. What I care about are things like minority kids getting a good education, vets like my Dad when he was alive getting medical care at the VA, less meaningless business regulations, not murdering infants when they can live outside the womb, freedom of speech for everyone, educational and employment opportunities for everyone, trying to lend a helping hand to those that need it, all the senseless murders in the inner cities and everywhere else, Palestinian children having the ability to follow their goals and dreams like Israeli kids and lots of other stuff.

It will be one more example in a list of thousands from this administration that they and their supporters are perfectly comfortable lying and misrepresenting out of sheer habit. In this case because...???...lib tears??? They've flushed their credibility down the toilet and that shot credibility will last the rest of our lifetimes. Another wise conservative investment.

In context, it looks a lot more innocent to me. She appears to be having a conversation via the TV, which is weird I guess, but it looks more like someone saying ok rather than flashing a fake white supremacy sign. I'm not sure what the decorum expectations are for an event like this, but I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people in the room don't have any sense of decorum either. Had she flashed a quick thumbs up instead of ok, would she be accused of being a secret aggy? 

Let's use a little common sense here. Zina Bash went viral on twitter for resting her hand with an "ok" sign oddly placed on her arm.   People went nuts. Her husband got on his official US Attorney Twitter account bashing people for believing in a conspiracy theory and admonished people for the sickening accusation.

So she's sitting behind Kavanaugh today, and there's literally only ONE hand gesture she needs to avoid to end the discussion. Yet she does it again, directly facing the camera, and with her left hand to make sure it's on caught on video.

There are legitimate arguments regarding how sinister it actually was, but she was intentionally fucking with people.  Did she need to even sit in the same seat? Why would she even want to be on camera after the last fiasco? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

After watching the video some of you people are insane.

This really. The more I watch it, the more obvious it appears. She's clearly having a conversation via text and possibly communicating with someone off camera in the room as well (notice how she's looking to her right). She shakes her head no and mouths something (probably not "Heil Hitler" but it's a possibility I guess). She looks again down at her phone and then to her right and mouths the word "ok" while very quickly flashing the ok sign.

When you remove all context and frame things deceitfully,  the truth becomes distorted. This has been the Breitbart approach for years. I'm sad to see it spreading.

Edited by Mole

If she's signalling, she's still got plausible deniability, so any accusations can be easily dismissed. If she's not signalling, any accusations can also be easily dismissed.

itsatrap.gif

Edited by ndawg

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Let's use a little common sense here. Zina Bash went viral on twitter for resting her hand with an "ok" sign oddly placed on her arm.   People went nuts. Her husband got on his official US Attorney Twitter account bashing people for believing in a conspiracy theory and admonished people for the sickening accusation.

So she's sitting behind Kavanaugh today, and there's literally only ONE hand gesture she needs to avoid to end the discussion. Yet she does it again, directly facing the camera, and with her left hand to make sure it's on caught on video.

There are legitimate arguments regarding how sinister it actually was, but she was intentionally fucking with people.  Did she need to even sit in the same seat? Why would she even want to be on camera after the last fiasco? 

This. She's supposed to be an intelligent person based on her degrees and she can't figure out that the last thing you should be doing with your hands is making an OK sign. She had another oops? When was the last time anyone used the OK hand sign anyways? It's not that common, if we're having a non-verbal conversation we would just nod our heads.

34 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I just assumed she was pursing her lips, wrapping her hands around a air cock, and simulating a blow job.  

42 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

didn't check the source but isn't this just a clip of the hearing? Or are you suggesting it was altered?

All I'm saying is the video made me think twice about it being a troll, as I originally thought. It very well may be. In fact, I still think the "ok" hand on arm move likely was.

Not suggesting it was altered just trying to point out the motives and reputation of the source.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This would apparently include yourself.  It was intentional.

I chalked the first up to trolling. The second was more questionable but perhaps also trolling (quite a stretch). Now tell us more about whit power jimmy. 

Edited by Anastasis

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's quite likely "trolling" in the sense it's intended to rile up the opposition.  That doesn't mean there isn't a white power backstory, but it doesn't mean there is.

So I'm saying it's intentional.  Nothing more.  You seem to have a problem with that.

Trolling is usually intentional.