Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Laying back in my leather recliner at 1 a.m. with my ten month old grandchild sleeping on my chest, listening to the sweet little cooing snoring sounds she makes.

Where in the hell did 10 year old come from?... fixed.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 5

On 3/16/2019 at 5:48 PM, Underdog said:

How many envelopes a day do you have to lick in order to make some decent scratch?

You laugh but I actually just started working from home about a month ago, and I'll never go back. This is awesome. I have direct reports from Oregon to Maine, and I don't have to smell a single one of them (though, admittedly, now that none of them are aggy, that wouldn't be as bad as it's been for the last 15 years...)

36 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Busting a Snapple bottle on someone’s car who had the nerve to blow their horn at me while I was crossing the street. He jumped out of his car, but I flexed on him and he hauled ass!

Snapple bottles are plastic now

35 minutes ago, BayouBill said:

When your wife tells you to sit down we need to talk, right after you get home from a work trip and you're thinking, "great what the hell did I do wrong", and then she pulls out a positive pregnancy test.

How long were you gone on your trip?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

when you do a google search for the house you are buying and it is no longer available on the real estate sites...

Now we just need to sell the one we're living in, LOL.  

When your wife tells you to sit down we need to talk, right after you get home from a work trip and you're thinking, "great what the hell did I do wrong", and then she pulls out a positive pregnancy test. This in turn makes you lose all control and start ugly crying like I didn't think I had in me because you had been trying for YEARS. 
This happened 2 months ago. 14 weeks tomorrow.
Not Trivial, don't care. Got dusty just typing that.
Congrats.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Having both of my kids get into UT on their own as true freshman.

And yes, I know that's not trivial. :)

Congratulations on not redshirting...

My dryer quit heating yesterday, so I spent today looking on the internet about how to test the heating element and the thermostat and how to replace them.  Then I read this on some repair site:

An electric dryer may run with a partial voltage of 110 volts, but it will not heat unless it has 208/240V, 30 amps. The circuit breaker could have partially tripped, even if it does not look as though it has. Turn off the breaker to the dryer and turn it back on to restore full power. Check the circuit breaker/fuses.

Bingo, that was my problem.  This pleased me greatly, at least until some underlying problem comes up.

22 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

My local grocery store has started selling large canisters of red pepper flakes.  Has replaced Louisiana Hot Sauce on the majority of my meals.  

We buy in bulk. Red pepper flakes go on anything and everything. Hell, I'd probably put 'em in my oatmeal, if I ever ate oatmeal.

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

Well shit, now I want a Luanne platter of liver & onions, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, pecan pie, tea and a roll from Luby’s. 

My mom would occasionally make liver & onions when I was a kid.  Never understood how something so good could stink up the house for three days.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

We buy in bulk. Red pepper flakes go on anything and everything. Hell, I'd probably put 'em in my oatmeal, if I ever ate oatmeal.

Zesta crackers, vegetable oil, red pepper flakes. Let it sit in a large, sealed bowl for several hours, stirring every hour or so. Fucking money. 

Edited by lateshow