Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

On 7/17/2022 at 9:38 PM, CooterBrown said:

Showing some respect to Gen X…

d227f7e797b7387085b2b7a239a23a9d.jpg

Didn't say shit about our fuckbook collections, driving by age 10, or open access to firearms at the same age; not to mention taking that first good drink off of dad/ Grandpa's Schlitz while bringing it to them.

I'm having breakfast and coffee at a bar top, and the height of everything is perfect. Proper drop from counter to seat, and my heels are resting on the stool crossmember with balls of my feet sitting perfectly on the foot rail about 2 inches below. It's the little things. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BearMace said:

I'm having breakfast and coffee at a bar top, and the height of everything is perfect. Proper drop from counter to seat, and my heels are resting on the stool crossmember with balls of my feet sitting perfectly on the foot rail about 2 inches below. It's the little things. 

My wife is a spinner, so she has never known such perfection and would disagree that those are little things 

17 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Back scratchers…

Two important features are a stiff shaft 😑 and a single middle tooth. If there are two middle teeth, keep looking. You’ll never get that deep, concentrated scratch. 

spacer.png

Can't be certain, but judging by his smile, he may have a stiff shaft

taco cabana bean and cheese breakfast tacos after a night of...well, anything...

Co-sign. When our power came back on after 3+ days of us freezing in the dark, and the roads had cleared enough to drive, I went around the corner to TC. They were open, but said they had a limited menu. I said “we don’t care, just give us a bunch of warm tacos.” Bean and cheese, and beef and cheese, on warm tortillas. Sat around our warm kitchen table, and it’s one of the best meals we ever ate.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Playing “letter / topic” with my kids on a long car ride.

The game is essentially picking a letter and a topic, e.g. “S” and “foods” and start listing all the food items that start with S… spaghetti, Sun Chips, smoothies, etc. etc.

It keeps me awake, and keeps them from telling me how bored they are. They’re entertained and I don’t fall asleep at the wheel and kill everyone. Win win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Yeah. We’ll they charged my card the day I submitted my application, and still took them 4+ months. 

BTW, everyone who has even the potential of leaving the US should get Global Entry. It’s basically the same application process, and makes it really smooth when you return from anywhere outside of the US. I’ve gotten it for all my kids in the past (they’re on their own now that they’re grown), and it awesome to come back from overseas trips and breeze through passport control with the whole family. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my x-ray results back yesterday, so apparently my knees are still okay. The diagnosis was Grade 1: Doubtful degeneration. Possible osteophytes. Doubtful joint space narrowing.

So now the docs just need to figure out why I can't kneel down without my knees popping, straighten my right leg without feeling my kneecap moving around, or run or do dead lifts because my knees will hurt like hell the next day. But hey, x-rays say my knees are okay.

11 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

When you tap a housefly just lightly enough to get it all dazed. Then, while its lumbering around in mid-air, you smack the motherfucker like randy johnson destroying a bird with a fastball

CSB warning

Wife got an electric flyswatter this year.  Love that thing for killing mid-air.

Big old fat fucker was taunting me a couple weeks ago, so I was on a mission.  Got that fucker right by a big old antique wood drawer thing my wife has in living room.  Fucker took 3 zaps then fell into the crevice behind the antique.  son of a bitch sat back there and buzzed for about 30 min before finally giving out.

• Like 2

Racial harmony pleases the ever living shit out of me. I found the most diverse metropolitan statistical area in the USA.

The 2010 census data (according to Wikipedia):

“The racial makeup of the town was 33.3% White, 33.3% Native American, and 33.3% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 33.3% of the population.”

However, every utopia has a downside:

The gender makeup of the town was 100.0% male and 0.0% female.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rock,_South_Dakota

On 9/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Racial harmony pleases the ever living shit out of me. I found the most diverse metropolitan statistical area in the USA.

The 2010 census data (according to Wikipedia):

“The racial makeup of the town was 33.3% White, 33.3% Native American, and 33.3% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 33.3% of the population.”

However, every utopia has a downside:

The gender makeup of the town was 100.0% male and 0.0% female.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rock,_South_Dakota

Menage a dudes