Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Just the right quantity of leftover red sauce to go with some pasta you grabbed at the store on the way home on a Monday...

and cheap ass French/ Italian bread toasted up with some badass garlic butter and Parmesan.

Yeah, I'd almost do my Monday over again to get to this moment.

When CHIEF Jr. and his buddies invite a bunch of the local hot chicks on the boat during the summer in between college semesters. The boys all bail off to show their football and volleyball prowess. I stay onboard for the "Mr. CHIEF, do you mind rubbing some suntan lotion on my back?" I always oblige, even the occasionally slightly chunky one. I always get an eyeroll from Mrs. CHIEF.

CHIEF

14 hours ago, CHIEF said:

When CHIEF Jr. and his buddies invite a bunch of the local hot chicks on the boat during the summer in between college semesters. The boys all bail off to show their football and volleyball prowess. I stay onboard for the "Mr. CHIEF, do you mind rubbing some suntan lotion on my back?" I always oblige, even the occasionally slightly chunky one. I always get an eyeroll from Mrs. CHIEF.

CHIEF

They totally want to bang you, bro. 

At my house we decorate for Halloween.  Cotex jr loves the headless horseman so we have a 6 foot tall headless horseman in the front yard.  He falls over so this year I wired him up to our light pole which is next to the sidewalk that leads from the street to my front door.  I never thought about it being anything other than a decoration.

so this morning I’m watching game day and I see some religious door knockers walking down my street.  I’m thinking “please don’t ring the doorbell, the dog will bark, I have to get up, please just walk on by.”

they stop, look at my 6ft black horseman with a red cape and a lighted jackolantern head, they talk amongst themselves, and then they walk on by.

win.  I’m pleased.

tl:dr - good Halloween deco will scare off jehovas witnesses.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:01 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Probably haven't had one in 25 years. Was making one for my 5 yo to take to lunch and thought I'll just make one of these for a pre workout meal since I already had everything out. Damn thing was amazing 

You should try a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich (like a grilled cheese).

Fucking off of the charts.

• Like 1

I was out of town on business this week. My wife was gone when I got home this evening as she went to my daughters game. She left me a plate of dinner in the microwave and a note that said "check the dvr"

She  had searched and recorded "OU Sooner Football with Lincoln Riley" so I could watch what Sooner fans had to see about the ass whooping UT gave them last Saturday.

God bless her

• Like 2

I was out of town on business this week. My wife was gone when I got home this evening as she went to my daughters game. She left me a plate of dinner in the microwave and a note that said "check the dvr"
She  had searched and recorded "OU Sooner Football with Lincoln Riley" so I could watch what Sooner fans had to see about the ass whooping UT gave them last Saturday.
God bless her

Did you notice Lincoln’s constant whining about all those missed calls/penalties that benefit Texas?

e2e4cff505ec91d1cb4277a7f1bf8a33.gif

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Did you notice Lincoln’s constant whining about all those missed calls/penalties that benefit Texas?

e2e4cff505ec91d1cb4277a7f1bf8a33.gif

Ha yes I believe he may think the 2 interference penalties on the last drive may have been questionable 

My favorite part was when their corner got called for interference on CJ on the first quarter and he said that his player just got impatient and could have made an interception.

Edited by BurntOrangeCrush

Eating at the bar at pluckers tonight when two spots open to my left. Shit was crowded and there was two couples behind me looking to sit down. There was also a group getting ready to leave on my right, so I told the group behind me that I would move down so they could all sit together. They were thrilled with my sacrifice and offered to buy me a drink, but I had just reloaded with another big beer, so I told them dont worry about it. 

Half hour later, I ordered another big beer and when the group noticed, they were pissed that it was on my tab. I was bullshitting with the guy next to me, and I told him "look, it you want to take a beer off my tab, I'm not gonna fight over it."  When they were closing out, the bartender asked if they were picking up my tab, and I told the dude "not my tab, just one beer.'

15 minutes later I ask to close out, and find out they switched my tab over without telling me.  Free $40 tab just for scooting my ass down two bar stools. That pleased the ever living shit out of me.

• Like 2

Checking out at the grocery store (not HEB).  Went through the self service checkout stand.  The one I used was empty, and had been for as long as I could see it walking up (a good 10-15 seconds).  Got done, picked up my bags, looked down and there was a $20 that someone had forgotten to pick up after they checked out.  Looked around for a few moments to see if there was anyone scooting back.  No dice.  Free $20.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, Blotto said:

Eating at the bar at pluckers tonight when two spots open to my left. Shit was crowded and there was two couples behind me looking to sit down. There was also a group getting ready to leave on my right, so I told the group behind me that I would move down so they could all sit together. They were thrilled with my sacrifice and offered to buy me a drink, but I had just reloaded with another big beer, so I told them dont worry about it. 

Half hour later, I ordered another big beer and when the group noticed, they were pissed that it was on my tab. I was bullshitting with the guy next to me, and I told him "look, it you want to take a beer off my tab, I'm not gonna fight over it."  When they were closing out, the bartender asked if they were picking up my tab, and I told the dude "not my tab, just one beer.'

15 minutes later I ask to close out, and find out they switched my tab over without telling me.  Free $40 tab just for scooting my ass down two bar stools. That pleased the ever living shit out of me.

Classy thing to do. I always volunteer to move down if I can. If I'm on my last drink, I'll usually get up and stand to finish my drink. Especially if it's an older couple of something

Edited by Jameslaw121

Having a good day.  I had some above average morning sex with my girlfriend, I just won a $1.03 million bid, I'm sitting at my desk eating some warmed up Moroccan Chicken with couscous, and I got an email from my kids teacher saying she's seen definite improvement in my daughters concentration in class. 

Nothing overwhelming, nothing unusual.  Just a good day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

Having a good day.  I had some above average morning sex with my girlfriend, I just won a $1.03 million bid, I'm sitting at my desk eating some warmed up Moroccan Chicken with couscous, and I got an email from my kids teacher saying she's seen definite improvement in my daughters concentration in class. 

Nothing overwhelming, nothing unusual.  Just a good day.

Image result for it was a good day gif

• Like 1

Trivial, experience frequently:

making my 3yo daughter laugh

my 3yo daughter hugging me and/or telling me she loves me, unprompted 

my 3yo daughter making me laugh

seeing my 3 month old smile

Satisfying a food craving

Seeing my wife’s tits

Walking into DKR

seeing my freshly mowed lawn

seeing what seems like a lot of money in my bank account

whenever the Astros make a trade or promote a prospect 

Trivial, experience infrequently:

a good workout

sex with my wife

getting a compliment

being on the water

days with no plans

winning at something small

a good night’s sleep

Doing painless favors for people (holding doors, giving up seats, giving compliments, etc.)

beers with friends

1st cold beer on a hot day

time away from kids

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Like 1