Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

When you use the Font drop-down box in Windows ... powerpoint, word, notepad, whatever.... and are inundated with 1000s of fucking butt fucking ugly ass shit that you would never voluntarily choose in a million years...............

Arial Condensed, Franklin Gothic, Courier Regular, Courier New, Impact, all the ridiculous Scripts, 300 variants of Segoe, motherfucking Webdings and Wingdingdongs....

on all my computers i tried to delete it from the computer 1 by 1.  and most of them, windows wont allow because its a "system protected font"

well i just discovered you could right-click on all the motherfucker and "Hide" them.  never to be seen on a drop-down menu again. hallelujah

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I just bought one of these watt-meter thing that you plug electronic devices into, and it measures how much power its drawing.  Shit's dope.

Can see how much juice things draw when they're idle, when on stand-by, when in use, etc...

What did you get and how much was it? 

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

What did you get and how much was it? 

The device that popularized is call Kill A Watt but now there are hundreds of generics for <20$.  You can get fancy ones that transmit data via Bluetooth.. .some built into a power strip, etc.  Mines just a basic one with an LCD reading on it

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1542319307&amp;sr=8-3&amp;keywords=wattmeter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The device that popularized is call Kill A Watt but now there are hundreds of generics for <20$.  You can get fancy ones that transmit data via Bluetooth.. .some built into a power strip, etc.  Mines just a basic one with an LCD reading on it

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1542319307&amp;sr=8-3&amp;keywords=wattmeter

Why is a 1-pack $20, but a 2-pack $114, 3 - $170 and 5 - $284? WTF?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished a complete brake job on my old truck. I put in new pads, rotors, and calipers. I took it for a test drive and everything is working like a champ. There’s something about working with your hands to accomplish something that gives you a great feeling.

Of course, I left my phone sitting on the rear bumper when I took it for the test drive. I had to use my iPad and find my iPhone app to track it down. The screen protector was smashed to shit, but not one scratch on the screen. I appears that the camera is now nonfunctional though.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just finished a complete brake job on my old truck. I put in new pads, rotors, and calipers. I took it for a test drive and everything is working like a champ. There’s something about working with your hands to accomplish something that gives you a great feeling.

Of course, I left my phone sitting on the rear bumper when I took it for the test drive. I had to use my iPad and find my iPhone app to track it down. The screen protector was smashed to shit, but not one scratch on the screen. I appears that the camera is now nonfunctional though.

Sounds like you came out way ahead.