Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

2 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Does it work like world cup where a plays b group after?

If so c group is tough but then they get weaker d group

No. In the draw for the round of 16, the eight group winners are seeded, and the eight group runners-up are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

No. In the draw for the round of 16, the eight group winners are seeded, and the eight group runners-up are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

Too much maths

The knockout stage draw is after the group stage is complete. It looks like a week before Christmas this year. 

The games are played in Feb and March. The first legs will be played on 12, 13, 19 and 20 February, and the second legs will be played on 5, 6, 12 and 13 March 2019.

Edited by Captain Ron

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Got it.  When will they announce the when and where the games are?

For the group - within a week or two.  The match weeks are set, but they are either Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage

The knockout round gets drawn mid-January and games begin mid February.

groups b and c are seriously tough.  d is easily the worst.  juve and real both get a walk for the whole fall...city too.

i'm officially adopting psg again for ucl this season.  big fan of draxler, mbappe, and silva.  neymar  makes it difficult but fuck it, don't like anyone else out there anywhere and it will give me more opportunity to root against the squatters.

ici c'est paris!!

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--Inter is Italy's version of Arsenal.  They've got the name, but they haven't done shit in awhile.  I'm pretty ok with having them in B.

Eindhoven, on the other hand, is going to be tough.

Yes, but now Inter has added Laurtaro Martinez.

This isn't the Inter of the last 5 years, esta versió es mejor.

Groups A-D play on 18 September, 3 October, 24 October, 6 November, 28 November, and 11 December

Groups E-H play on 19 September, 2 October, 24 October, 7 November, 27 November, and 12 December

You will need to check the groups for the matchups, because they not the same across each group (in fact I think they are done in a way such that teams from the same countries that play on the same day don't both play home or away the same day).

https://sports.yahoo.com/champions-league-final-held-new-york-151840479.html

The Champions League final could soon be played in New York city, according to a prominent broadcaster.

Jaumes Roures, chief executive of Barcelona-based television company Mediapro, has confirmed discussions are ongoing about staging European football’s showpiece outside of the continent for the first time.

Roures told Catalunya Radio’s ‘El Mati’ show, “Talks are ongoing investigating the feasibility of hosting a future Champions League final in New York City.

18 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

As bad as fox was, the new streaming platforms are worse.  Fuck TNT.

I think TNT does a good job producing their sports programming. I bet they iron out the kinks pretty quickly. 

I do not like that they only have one channel and force us into watching B/R Live when our team isn't playing. Put the other game on TBS, FFS. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I think TNT does a good job producing their sports programming. I bet they iron out the kinks pretty quickly. 

I do not like that they only have one channel and force us into watching B/R Live when our team isn't playing. Put the other game on TBS, FFS. 

Yeah, my complaint is less about the quality of the programming and more about the lack of access to the programming.  It doesn't matter how good the stream or announcers are if they only show one game and I can't get the B/R Live app to work because TNT online somehow works with my cable provider but the B/R app doesn't.  

I'm reading that the B/R app is pay only even if you have a cable/sat TNT subscription?  That's some bullshit.  Especially since Turner is only showing one group game per window instead of Fox's two and they aren't showing any Europa games.