Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

22 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

wow! that third AJAX goal was sick!

ARGENTINA!!

ARGENTINA!!

ARGENTINA!!

ARGENTINA!!

There was no question of whether he was going for goal on that shot. He made no effort to put any spin on the ball to curve it in, he struck it straight and then looked directly at the keeper to see if he was still forward enough for the ball to clear him and land in the back side netting. 

The albiceleste could have used some of that in Russia  🇷🇺.

Soccer Nose Candy Question:

What are players shoving up their nose before their walkout onto the field?

The captain of Valencia appeared to have some Kleenex in one nostril as he was in the tunnel chatting with the little girl that he was going to lead out onto the field. I thought that maybe he’d gotten a bloody nose, but then I noticed that he had shit in BOTH nostrils. 

Ive seen players sniffing what I imagine are ammonia capsules right before taking the field, but I’ve never seen a player just standing around with shit stuffed up both nostrils. 

Can someone ‘splain-me what I’m seeing?

PS- Mandzukic & Khedira should each have goals in the first 17 minutes of the Valencia vs Juventus match. 

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Just slapped a leg at it, cross/shot, whatever. It went in.

https://streamable.com/qzy6d

I think that it was a speculative shot that he intended to cause trouble for the keeper and if he hit it just right, he might even score. 

I don’t think that he conspired it a pass, but if a rebound was knocked in by a teammate, well that would be fine as well. 

SIDE NOTE: The Valencia keeper just made two sick saves from close range, while on the ground, to deny Juventus’ #33 & #14. 

Juventus could easily be winning 0-3 right now and I would expect the final score to be something like that. Valencia appears to be drastically overmatched. 

CR7 just got a red card after a Valencia player dove like he got hit in the back of the head when Cristiano’s closest body part was about 1-2 FEET away from the guy. 

It will be appealed, don’t know if it will be overturned, but it doesn’t matter for this match. 

The diving player should get a match suspension for simulation, but wow. 

And this is one of the top refs in Europe. 

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

CR7 just got a red card after a Valencia player dove like he got hit in the back of the head when Cristiano’s closest body part was about 1-2 FEET away from the guy. 

It will be appealed, don’t know if it will be overturned, but it doesn’t matter for this match. 

The diving player should get a match suspension for simulation, but wow. 

And this is one of the top refs in Europe. 

Looked like Ronaldo popped him on the back of the head. Not sure if red worthy, but dumb regardless.